** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat - friday 9th oct

York 205 

Ouzo   312 

Shelir   310 

Chance   307 

Alternative fact 307 

Lots in with chances .....chance could improve with a run under his belt but top 2 have been running well in strong races and this looks slightly weaker 

Ouzo 10pts  ew 10/1 6places skyb

Shelir 10pts ew 11/1 6 places willh

345 york 

Arecibo  337 

Copper knight 335

Show me show me  331 

Hands solo Berger 331 

Celsius   330 

Top two are classy horses on a going day .....this looks a weaker race than they e been contending of late so chances today 

Arecibo 10pts ew 11/2 5 places willh

Copper knight 10pt ew 10/1 bet365 

Marseille 18-17

-

Esperitum- ridden by Crastus in a claimer on the fibresand for the first time. Out again quickly after a 5th place in a Fontenbleu claimer on soft on Monday this week where it faded in the straight however much better off at the weights here. 

Never previously won on the AW, however considering it won a 35k Handicap last year around this time last year if it goes on the surface here, and Siyouni's are often quite happy on the soft which has similarities with fibresand, I'm expecting a big run in what looks a pretty weak race indeed. 

7/1 early price

Compeigne 13.24

Collingham- a 2yo claiming race for  apprentice's over 7F+ on heavy going, This son of Samum, trained by the noted German trainer Christian Von Der Recke, with its strong stamina influences should enjoy the going and although making its debut here with one of the better and more experienced jockeys booked I'm expecting a profitable raid from  over the border to make a mockery of its early odds of 10/1

12.45 Newmarket - 0.5pts e/w Rani of Jhansi @ 22/1 Bet365

Competitive novice race but this one has a lovely pedigree and is with a yard who can ready one in David Simcock. Second foal of Group 1 winner Madame Chiang - the other foal being the group horse Oriental Mystique so plenty to like on paper. Dam hacked up on debut and Oriental Mystique ran well on debut before winning next time out at 2. Soft ground no issue at all on pedigree so whilst the market isn't speaking in favour, worth a nibble at the price.

2.25 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Shine for You @ 20/1 Bet365

Has plenty to find here but conditions will be new to some of these, with soft ground and 7f, so I think Richard Hannon's runner could go well as conditions will certainly suit. If anything, will want further in time but the soft ground will make this a greater test of stamina, something this one has in abundance. Very promising on debut and did enough from the front at Leicester last time with the front two clear. Strong test at this trip will suit so hopefully gets a decent pace and could outrun the odds.

3.00 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Namos @ 14/1 Bet365

Was well held behind Dream of Dreams when last seen on these shores but that race fell apart and he still finished ahead of Glorious Journey (5/1 shot here). 7f on soft ground is ideal and has a solid enough chance on ratings so looks a shade overpriced today.

3.35 Newmarket - 2pts win Indigo Girl @ 10/3 Bet365

Looks to have a massive chance here. Still green when winning last time out, bred to stay middle distances so will get home no problem here and has the best form in the book probably so would be surprised if she didn't go extremely close today.

4.10 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Luncies @ 12/1 Bet365

This one is progressive and still looks like there's more to come after a couple of ready wins over 1m2f and 1m3f. Not been hiked too much in the handicap and the extra emphasis on stamina today looks sure to suit on both running style on pedigree as is bred to stay well. Soft ground no problem and should go well.

4.45 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Oriental Mystique @ 20/1 Bet365

Seems a bit overpriced today having run well behind Anna Nerium at Goodwood last time - don't think there was enough emphasis on stamina that day and could see her turning the form around at this more galloping and testing track. Soft ground no issue and looks a big price.

J p murtagh day for me at Dundalk 

17.00 centuron 33/1 lost

17.30 buzz of New York 8/1 lost

18.00 kukura 10/1 placed

19.30 call me rocky 8/1 lost

20.30 wilderness 14/1 placed

all 50p each way

thanks to LeMale for pointing out my error ?? put them thursdays come on dodgy murtagh?? all bets coral ??

Edited by LEE-GRAYS

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

York 205 

Ouzo   312 

Shelir   310 

Chance   307 

Alternative fact 307 

Lots in with chances .....chance could improve with a run under his belt but top 2 have been running well in strong races and this looks slightly weaker 

Ouzo 10pts  ew 10/1 6places skyb

Shelir 10pts ew 11/1 6 places willh

Good start .....top 3 have finished 1 2 3 ....about 180 pts returned .....but the tricast was 500 .....nnnooooooooo

23 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

450 york 

Zip   288

Soaring star  285 

Decent odds in an open race 

Zip 10pts ew 7/1 5 places willh

Soaring star 10pts ew 12/1 5places willh 

Zip 2nd ....24pts returned ...they've done well considering all huge hcaps ....about 140pts ish profit on the day overall 

6 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

J p murtagh day for me at Dundalk 

17.00 centuron 33/1 lost

17.30 buzz of New York 8/1 lost

18.00 kukura 10/1 placed

19.30 call me rocky 8/1 lost

20.30 wilderness 14/1 placed

all 50p each way

thanks to LeMale for pointing out my error ?? put them thursdays come on dodgy murtagh?? all bets coral ??

2 places 

out £5 in £3.40

12 hours ago, harrisman said:

Compeigne 13.24

Collingham- a 2yo claiming race for  apprentice's over 7F+ on heavy going, This son of Samum, trained by the noted German trainer Christian Von Der Recke, with its strong stamina influences should enjoy the going and although making its debut here with one of the better and more experienced jockeys booked I'm expecting a profitable raid from  over the border to make a mockery of its early odds of 10/1

Lovely ride. Maybe helped by the previous race with Boudot's choice of rail. Annoyingly was busy so couldn't go in at SP which had drifted