Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

No returns this week.

There were of course hard luck stories, but that counts for nothing...we move on!

Week 3

-1 stake returns this week

- 0.56 overall p/l returns

Bets now placed in 2 tournaments.

A Palmer and Drive On

I have opted for 3 selections per tournament with bet sizes adjusted to maintain my standard overall stake.

Bets comprise of e/w singles, and some e/w doubles.  4 & 5 pl  1/5

Zalatoris  80/1

Fleetwood  28/1  

Bezudenhuit. 50/1

Hur  80/1

Tavatanakit  60/1

Maguire. 66/1

• 1 month later...

Hi...not posted for a while. 

My results have been pretty average tbh over the last few months.  I’m usually in the mix but rarely finding the winner.

Looking at others results, it seems they are no better off, and considering this is meant to be a place where experts are supposedly holed up leaves me to believe that experts is in name only.

It begs a very simple and basic question.

What is the purpose of posting tips/bets here?  In other words, if there is no gain (other than ego), then what is the objective?
If anyone, moderators and posters alike have a sensible answer then let us know.

Hi...not posted for a while. 

My results have been pretty average tbh over the last few months.  I’m usually in the mix but rarely finding the winner.

Looking at others results, it seems they are no better off, and considering this is meant to be a place where experts are supposedly holed up leaves me to believe that experts is in name only.

It begs a very simple and basic question.

What is the purpose of posting tips/bets here?  In other words, if there is no gain (other than ego), then what is the objective?
If anyone, moderators and posters alike have a sensible answer then let us know.

43 minutes ago, Squirrel Nutkin said:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me the objective is gain. And even if there is initially no gain then the objective doesn't change. 

I get that...but why bother posting your tips/bets.  What’s that bit all about?

11 minutes ago, Squirrel Nutkin said:

Different reasons I guess. 

Maybe to keep track of your P/L. Give others an insight into your reasoning. To get some feedback. 

And to brag when you hit a big winner! 😉

Cheers SN....honesty is rare these days...and I reckon you’re spot on.  Be interesting to see if others see it the same way, esp as you’ve now let the genie out the bottle.

Btw, I’ve noticed you don’t make much, but at least you’re in a very very small camp that does bring home the bacon occasionally.  None on here can make a similar claim mate!

12 minutes ago, Squirrel Nutkin said:

This is why I like betting on the golf. Sure you can have a barren spell, but you're never far away from a nice priced winner. 

It is indeed a tough sport to find a winner from the outset, hence my personal approach.

We see people on here talking about the course, the kind of grass, bunkers etc.  There are others who seem to bet on a single player like it’s their favourite lottery number lol.  Then there are those who make the most basic comments.

The site says this is where experts reside...so where are they lol

To be fair it's not the members calling themselves experts. This is a community where like minded people can share their thoughts and bets with others. It can help develop their knowledge of sports and betting, and I'm sure good friendships are formed. 

For "expert" tips, you'll have to pay a premium for that. And I'm pretty sure they won't be any better than what you find here. 

2 hours ago, Squirrel Nutkin said:

To be fair it's not the members calling themselves experts. This is a community where like minded people can share their thoughts and bets with others. It can help develop their knowledge of sports and betting, and I'm sure good friendships are formed. 

For "expert" tips, you'll have to pay a premium for that. And I'm pretty sure they won't be any better than what you find here. 

Yep, the last part especially sums it up!