** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pinnacle and Extra Time

Rogerullo

I need some feedback from punters who understand Pinnacle.      I placed a handicap bet with Pinnacle for +1,5 in rugby and the ticket read FT

The game was a draw which was a win for me in normal 80 min but went into extra time and the favorite won by 5.They re-graded the bet with the extra-time and sent me mail that I lost.

I know they're a bit quirky with these rules but am stunned by their inability to answer the fact that I played a 2 way bet and not a moneyline bet of 3 possibilities on 80 min full time.

I have read their rules but are they the only book that says full time includes extra-time?

Hi, what was the game out of interest, it would help add context to your query.

On the face of it their rules seem clear enough and it would appear your bet has been settled correctly.

Are they the only book to settle in this way (extra time counting for handicap purposes)? - No. If you want chapter and verse I suggest you google a sample of other companies' rules but I just looked at one firm's betting for this weekend's NRL action and the handicap lines clearly stated that they include overtime so it's certainly not unique. They have two way betting on the final outcome and 3 way including the draw in normal time but the handicap betting is only available including overtime.

I think this is simply a case of you not quite understanding the precise terms of what you were betting on rather than an error by the bookie.

1 hour ago, Rogerullo said:

My main problem is the FT printed on my ticket.It always meant 80 min.Obviously FT means different to other people.

It could just mean "full time" as in the end of the game (in this case, including overtime) to differentiate from a bet on the first half or second half outcome.

I understand it's disappointing when something like this happens, I've been on the wrong end of it myself sometimes (e.g. total card markets and how red cards are counted by the different firms). I agree that Pinnacle's site could be clearer (nothing stated on the page where the prices are displayed and, as you say, when you add something to the slip it says "handicap - FT".) Contrast this with Unibet who clearly state whether a market relates to regular time or includes overtime. I guess Pinnacle are one of those firms who take a bit of a "you should have read the rules" attitude rather than employ best practice.

You could throw yourself on their mercy and complain and take it further via the appropriate body if you don't like the response but I'm not sure how much joy you'll have. I think you'll just have to learn from it and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally just win my tom back....which I have.With these rugger games I shall back no lower than 7,5  points on my team,since the opposition can score a max of 7 in the extra time,.They now have hockey with default overtime,with all the time periods I hope they print some clarity onto their tickets.

Edited by Zemside

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, Rogerullo said:

I need some feedback from punters who understand Pinnacle.      I placed a handicap bet with Pinnacle for +1,5 in rugby and the ticket read FT

The game was a draw which was a win for me in normal 80 min but went into extra time and the favorite won by 5.They re-graded the bet with the extra-time and sent me mail that I lost.

I know they're a bit quirky with these rules but am stunned by their inability Carton déménagement pour livre to answer the fact that I played a 2 way bet and not a moneyline bet of 3 possibilities on 80 min full time.

I have read their rules but are they the only book that says full time includes extra-time?

image.png.7399e893bfaf647f8abf54b47192de45.pngI too would like to have some concrete feedback, such as lived experiences.