** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 6th October

With the sudden and shocking loss of Billy please bare with us whilst we sort things out going forward regarding the racing tips. Obviously everyone is free to carry on posting their tips and thoughts in the daily threads in the mean time and it is great to see so many people interacting and posting their thoughts on here so please keep it up!

1.25 Chantilly

2yo stakes race 5 1/2f

Izumi - by Pivotal on the dam side, getting weight from the field, trained by Fabre, has potential to progress well on its 2nd start from its previous runners up position dropping back in trip slightly from its debut at St Cloud. Only slight negative is drawn 4 as high draws have slight advantage in sprints on this track however I expect the heavy going to negate that to a certain extent. 

Early odds of 17/2

Royal Brave (4:30 Catterick) was unlucky last time when Rupert tipped him and looked one to back next time. Very different ground today tempers confidence but he does stay 6f and had one decent run on soft in his prime. Not backed yet as opened a bit skinny but will dabble if it drifts a bit more.

had a small bet at 9/2, could drift a bit more.

Edited by yossa6133

1.00 Catterick - 1pt e/w Country Charm @ 8/1 Bet365

Big price but shaped well behind some solid yardsticks on debut when not beaten far. Trainer wouldn't have many debutant winners so eyecatching that he wasn't beaten far at all and should improve for the run too. Sire won a group one on soft so whilst unraced on this surface, there's promise there and is an attractive each-way price.

1.30 Catterick - 1pt e/w Bert Kibbler @ 12/1 Bet365

Has improved with each race to date and was only beaten a couple of lengths last time out. On that evidence, this mark doesn't look beyond him considering he's progressing with each run and his dam had a similarly progressive profile in her short career. Another who looks quite a nice price today.

2.10 Lingfield - 2pts win El Conquistador @ 9/2 Bet365

Has improved with each run to date and shaped well when 3rd last time out after a lengthy absence. On that evidence, the fact he's progressing with each outing and that each of his two half siblings have shown better form than this one has to date, there looks more to come under conditions that clearly are no issue. 

3.00 Catterick - 2pts win Jill Rose @ 4/1 Bet365

Put this one up when she won over c&d last time out under these conditions and I see no reason why she can't back it up off 4lbs higher. Won going away there having had to come from a bit off the speed and I think she could do better with a more prominent ride. She stays strongly under these conditions and with the favourite proving vulnerable at the finish a few times, I think this filly can back up her recent success.

3.20 Leicester - 2pts win Majalaat @ 7/1 Bet365

Backed this at big odds a couple of starts back when running a sound race behind horses who enjoyed it on the front end on deep ground in a class 4. Has dropped down the handicap after a no-show last time but a stiff 6f on heavy ground looks ideal and now drops in grade to a much more winnable race. Hopefully can bounce back today and if so, can go very well.

3.40 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Commonsensical @ 12/1 Bet365

I thought this one would win at Goodwood last time but showed nothing on horrible ground and I think it can prove wise to focus on the remainder of its form. On its two seconds previously, this looks a fair enough mark and conditions suit here. Not too worried about wide draws at Lingfield and the Dascombe yard is finally getting going after a slow start to the year. Plenty of unexposed types in here but this one looks capable off this mark.

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Royal Brave (4:30 Catterick) was unlucky last time when Rupert tipped him and looked one to back next time. Very different ground today tempers confidence but he does stay 6f and had one decent run on soft in his prime. Not backed yet as opened a bit skinny but will dabble if it drifts a bit more.

Will definitely win soon and could be today but as you say, the ground has just put me off. Would have chanced it if he was more like 5 or 6 to 1 but will probably leave alone.

20 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Leicester 1.45

Wise Glory 15/8

Leicester 2.20

If the ground wasn’t so testing I like Arctic Sound at a price, but Brentford hope is the selection.

Brentford Hope 9/4

Leicester 2.50

Ainsdale 7/2

Dave Dexter 14/1(Free bet)

All lost . Sods law Arctic Sound won.

Couple of live chances and a couple that have something to prove but not ruled out at very big prices this evening at Southwell for me:

6.20 Southwell - 1pt win Full Marks @ 6/1 Bet365

6.50 Southwell - 1pt win Mukha Magic @ 13/2 Bet365

7.50 Southwell - 0.5pts e/w Lady Ziana @ 33/1 Bet365

8.20 Southwell - 1pt e/w Master Rocco @ 18/1 Bet365