Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

World Grand Prix

Grand prix gets started tonight. Won by MVG for the last 2 years running, darts has a new fresh look about it and a feel that anybody can win any event right about now.

Top 16 in order of merit plus 16 ProTour order of merit. Should be a good event.

Top half looks interesting as MVG plays Ratajski in round 1. A chance of a banana skin perhaps early doors for MVG. De Sousa plays Devon Petersen too and that's another one that could be a banana skin for Devon. Devon got that PDC win that he really wanted not long ago and you find that the level drops after a big win.

It pays to be in the bottom half here and Gerwyn Price looks to have a great chance along with Peter Wright. Both are 5/1 though and it's too short for them to beat eachother plus the likes of Chisnall and potentially MVG. I think I'll take Chisnall in the bottom half. He looked really good last time out and the only worry seems to be in the pressure moments in the big finals. If he can make the final here we''re looking at 25/1 alone. The other I can see having a good tournament is Clayton.

The top half is much more likely to find a winner here though. I like Gary Anderson. I just can't see how he is 14/1. Only thing I can see as a negative is his lack of darts but we saw before the home tour that he came into an event firing. It sometimes benefits Anderson. I also think somebody out of De Sousa, Devon and Van Den Bergh is going to have a good tournament. Even Merv King was on fire last week.

2.5pts E/W G.Anderson to win Grand Prix 14/1 bet365
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt E/W D.Petersen to win Grand Prix 33/1 boylesports
1pt E/W D.Chisnall to win Grand Prix 50/1 boylesports
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W J.Clayton to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports
0.5pts E/W Van Den Bergh to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports
0.5pts E/W J.De Sousa to win Grand Prix 66/1 boylesports

Plenty of darts action tonight but running very on time at present. I like the look of a few tonight but nothing that makes me want to bet big and so I'm just going to sit on the outrights and have a few trebles and an accy. Hopefully one comes in or maybe even two.

2pts C.Dobey / M.Suljovic & D.Noppert all to win 4/1 paddypower
2pts Anderson / Van Den Bergh / Petersen & Wade 9/1 bet365
1pt Anderson, Van Den Bergh, Ratajski and King to win 24/1 boylesports

Ugh, all 3 of the accys come close. Suljovic was a joke to mess up the first one. 3/4 of the 2nd accy wins. I have no idea why I put Wade and not King in that one and finally Ratajski, who lead 1-1 1-0 lost or the 24/1 was on. 

Only good thing about the day was Anderson, Petersen & Van Den Bergh all went through and looked decent. 

Grand Prix -5pts
Darts 2020 bets +131.50pts

Day 2 line up :

• Dolan Vs Huybrechts
  • Clayton Vs White
  • Chisnall Vs Durrant
  • Gurney Vs Cullen
  • Wright Vs Joyce
  • Price Vs Wattimena
  • Aspinall Vs Clemens
  • Hughes Vs De Zwaan
  • Whitlock Vs Dobey

I'm going to take Dolan first up. Kim Huybrechts just doesn't do it for me at the moment and Dolan has had some success in this event, in the past. We've barely seen a handful of wins for Hybrechts with this "double and out" format and it's enough for me to side with Dolan. Based on recent form you would have to favour Clayton against White. Clayton has looked awesome in patches over the last few months. I'll leave the Chisnall match alone as I have him as an outright pick but I'll go with Cullen against Gurney to complete a treble on the night.

In the 2nd part of the night, I'll take a boosted 7/1 on Price, Wright and Aspinall all winning 2-0. This speaks for itself really. I think the doubling of Price and Wright especially should see them through when it matters. The other single I like is Dobey to beat Whitlock. Whitlock can go abit mental on his doubling and I've liked Dobey as a player for a while now.

5.5pts B.Dolan to beat K.Huybrechts 8/11 bet365
5.5pts C.Dobey to beat S.Whitlock 8/11 bet365
2pts Dolan / Clayton / Cullen 8/1 betfair
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2pts Wright, Price and Aspinall all to win 2-0 7/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt cover accy - Joyce / Wattimena / Aspinall / Dobey 55/1 bolyesports

Grand Prix -5pts
Darts 2020 bets +131.50pts

Ugh, not a good night. The only saving grace is the outrights went through. Only De Sousa went out and that was to a fellow outright tip. Points to claw back for me in this tournament now. Line up for todays 2nd round action :

• Van Den Bergh vs Van Duijvenbode
  • King Vs Whitlock
  • Anderson Vs Noppert
  • MVG Vs Petersen

What a match that MVG Vs Petersen one is going to be. I think the bet of the day though is Van Den Bergh to beat Van Duijvenbode. He beat a Suljovic that was utter garbage. I will be laying Suljovic at every meeting from now on, he looked that poor. Van Duijvenbode looked very nervous especially on his doubles and all that aside if Van Den Bergh plays anything like he did against Smith he should win without a fuss 

5pts Van Den Bergh (-1.5 sets) to beat Van Duijvenbode 4/5 boylesports
2.5pts Van Den Bergh to win 3-0 13/5 unibet

Grand Prix -21pts
Darts 2020 bets +115.50pts

Hopeless. The 2nd round will be completed tonight. Line up is as follows :

R.Joyce Vs D.Chisnall
G.Clemens Vs De Zwaan
G.Price Vs K.Huybrechts
J.Cullen Vs J.Clayton

I think Chizzy comes through tonight but I do respect Joyce. Ryan Joyce has already won one of the Summer Series events this season and he's also beaten him on the TV before. Saying that, Chizzy has won all the other TV events and I think he should get the job done. De Zwaan has beaten Clemens in there head-2-head which was in 2018 in a players championship when he won 6-3.

Joe Cullen has beaten Clayton in all 4 of his head-2-heads. 3 of those were back in 2017 and the other, 2016. The last 2 though have been dominating. 6-1 and 6-2. He also performed better in his previous round. 

4pts J.De Zwaan to beat G.Clemens 11/8 boylesports
2pts D.Chisnall to win 3-0 & G.Price to win 3-0 betfair 9/1
1pt accy - Joyce, De Zwaan & Cullen 14/1 boylesports

Joyce 2-0 up and loses 3-2. Otherwise the 14/1 comes in. Nevertheless, I have Chizzy as an outright pick so it's bitter sweet. De Zwaan wins to make profit on the day and stop the bleeding.

Quarter-finals tonight. Here is the line up: 

Van Duijvenbode Vs G.Anderson
D.Chisnall Vs J.Cullen
MVG Vs S.Whitlock
G.Price Vs De Zwaan

2 outrights left and fingers crossed they both come through here. I think Anderson really should be beating Van Duijvenbode. I said that before with Van Den  Bergh though. Van Den Bergh missed far too many doubles and VD was let in. He did score well to be fair to him. He only managed a 73 average in round 1 but picked it up to 89 to beat VDB. Anderson, however, managed to hit a 92 in his 3-0 win over Noppert and he hasn't dropped a set. He is giving people chances though, but nobody has taken them as of yet. I'll take Anderson to win and have the most 180s. 

I like Chisnall to beat Cullen in the second match. The 4/6 on offer isn't the best so I'm going to stick it in an accy. In both matches (MVG/Price) you'd think the favourites will come through but both Whitlock and De Zwaan look dangerous. If Zwaan turns up like he did in the last match he could take that.

5pts G.Anderson to win and hit the most 180s Evens paddypower
1pt accy - Anderson (win and most 180s) / Chisnall / Whitlock / De Zwaan (Most 180s) 31/1 paddypower (money back if one fails)

Grand Prix -27pts
Darts 2020 bets +109.5pts

A pretty weak effort from Gary Anderson and that means Van Duijvenbode has now taken out two of my outrights, the s*d. Semi-final action tonight and we've got :

Van Duijvenbode Vs Whitlock 
Chisnall Vs Price

It was no real massive shock that Whitlock beat MVG lastnight. It's the second time the aussie has rose his game to beat the dutchman. It was an impressive performance though nevertheless. Van Duijvenbode has scored decent enough but his main reason for being here is the D16 he continues to hit to get off. You see it so much in sport where a player who comes in as a wildcard last minute wins events. We saw it in snooker recently when Maguire came in as a last minute replacement, We've seen it here with tho guys coming in going deep.

I think this one will be full of nerves though and a close tie. I'll be leaving the other semi-final alone knowing that if Chizzy wins it's a nice 25/1 and a 25/1 much needed as I sit on -33 for the competition. 

5pts D.Van Duijvenbode (+1.5 sets) to beat S.Whitlock 4/5 bet365
1pt S.Whitlock to beat Van Duijvenbode 3-2 5/1 bet365

Grand Prix -33pts
Darts 2020 bets +103.5pts

Fine lines in darts. Chizzy bottles it with multiple darts to make the final. final tonight then.

Price vs Van Duijvenbode

keeping it short and sweet i can't see Van Duijvenbode winning this. I think he can possibly keep it close to a degree but I would be suprised if he got more than 2 sets. The bet for me is Price to win and hit the most 180s. I'll also probably go with Price to win the match treble but i've had my butt kicked in this event thanks to the randomness of the double-in and i want done with it

8pts G.Price to win and score the most 180s 15/8 paddypower