Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
** Last Man Standing Result - Ivailobg/Cookro split 1st £125 / Larking22 1st Consolation Cup £50 **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 17th - 19th

West Brom vs Burnley

The Premier League action continues into Monday with two matches coming up in the evening. The first of those games is the 5:30pm BST kick-off between West Brom and Burnley at the Hawthorns. It's already being seen as a potential relegation "six-pointer" with both clubs currently occupying spots in the bottom three. Will either team be able to walk away with the win?

West Brom actually showed signs that they might be competitive this season yet. Slaven Bilic witnessed his team get their first point of the season in a 3-3 draw at home to Chelsea and even though that was followed up by a disappointing 2-0 loss away to Southampton there is hope. The Baggies are in 18th place with just 1 point from their first 4 league games. The club is boosted by the signing of Championship goal machine Karlan Grant who arrived late last week. Unfortunately, the stats still pile against West Brom. This is a team that has won just 3 of their last 25 home games in the top flight. They've conceded 13 goals already and the Premier League record for goals conceded after 5 matches is Southampton in 1998/99 with 16 goals conceded. In a run stretching from last season, West Brom are winless in 8 matches. This is also a West Brom side that have the lowest expected goals tally in the division at just 1.5.

Burnley head into his game propping up the Premier League table. It's 3 league matches and 3 defeats for Sean Dyche and his men. The rugged gaffer has attracted criticism for his comments on how Premier League clubs shouldn't be bailing out Football League teams. Pull that ladder up after you, Sean! It's now 4 league defeats in a row for the Clarets and that's an unwanted club record. If they lose here then it'll be the first time they have lost their opening 4 league games of a season since 1927/28. Perhaps most worryingly is that the defeats in the league have been against Leicester, Southampton, and Newcastle. There are much harder teams they are yet to face.

It's come to that point in a season where it's still early days but we're beginning to get a feel for which teams might be looking down rather than up this season. Even now, we can see these two teams are likely to be fighting for their lives. West Brom need to win games like this if they're to have any chance of survival. Sadly, I don't think they can. Burnley have that ability to grind out results when their backs are against the wall. I can see them doing the same again here.

Draw @ 3.40 with Novibet

BTTS @ 1.83 with Betfair

Leeds vs Wolves

The last match of this weekend's Premier League schedule is the 8pm BST kick-off between Leeds and Wolves at Elland Road. It's a bit of a romantic fixture this with these two clubs sharing similar paths down to League One and back up again. Even more so given their aggressive approach to being promoted to the top flight. It should be interesting to watch.

Leeds have impressed a lot of those that haven't had the pleasure of watching them over the past couple of seasons. The Whites are in 9th place with 2 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss to their record so far. That solitary defeat only came against the reigning champions Liverpool too. Club captain Liam Cooper is a doubt and with Diego Llorente also ruled out they could have issues at the back. No offence to Robin Koch but he's been a calamity waiting to happen so far. Marcelo Bielsa's side have got that winning habit having lost just 2 of their last 18 league games and they are currently on an unbeaten run in the top flight of 3 league matches. Their tactics are high risk though with goals being scored yet they have already faced a league high 73 shots in their opening 4 league games.

Wolves were being tipped by many, including myself, to use this season without a European distraction to break into the established top six places. Unfortunately, it's not started too well for Nuno Espirito Santo's men with the club in 15th position having won 2 and lost 2. Wanderers have lost 3 of their last 5 away league matches and they have only won 2 of their last 9 league matches played on a Monday. However, this is a Wolves team that has only lost 1 of their last 10 encounters with newly promoted sides. It feels like they just need to find some consistency this season.

It's very difficult to separate these two teams. I think in my pre-season predictions I had Wolves finishing just ahead of Leeds but even after the small number of games played now I feel that outcome is in jeopardy. My only concern here that risks a home win not happening is the fragility of the Leeds defence without their leader in Cooper. I think that could be an issue for them and I am swaying towards either a Wolves win or a draw.

Wolves Draw No Bet @ 2.20 with RedZone

BTTS @ 1.77 with Novibet

11 hours ago, Neubs said:

Today i didn´t see both Away Teams not to Lose.

Burnley now on Bottom, but they are not a Team that they deserved to sit there. Think the Price here is more on that impressive First Half from WestBrom against Chelsea, but WestBrom are weak in Defensive and Burnley hard Nut to crack in Dfensive. So think we will see here both Teams with great Motivation but the Quality Lack in Defensive from WestBrom are the Chance here for Burnley.

Other Bet´s for me are the Both to Score in the Leeds-Wolves Game. Leeds with great Start in Season and with strong Performances, Wolves the other Side. Not there best Start and not so good for there Ambitions this Season. For sure Bielsa are very good Coach, but it will be now intressting to see how Leeds are doing after the International Break and with Wolves had the Cance to prepere 2 Weeks for this Game. So both Teams are offensive Teams and with Wolves also like to struggle, when they play against Teams of Same Level or Bottom Teams, i can see Leeds also to score today. Also i will try the same bet, that i have place on Burnley. I can´t see Wolves today lose, because they got the quality specially in offensive. It looks that Leeds are the same "Team" like Wolves. Better when they are Underdog. Now at Home against Wolves both not such a big Fav, but we will see how they will play.

Burnley AHC+0.25 @ 1.88 3/10

Burnley @ 3.25 1/10

Leeds-Wolves - >Both2Score @ 1.80 2/10

Wolves AHC+0.25 @ 1.85 2/10

Ending here with +0.02 Plus - so nothing to talk about....