** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday Oct 3rd

Ascot 1.55 Dakota Gold 4/1

Ascot 3.05 Raising Sand 6/1, Kynren 11/2

Ascot 3.40 The Tin Man 3/1

Newmarket 2.10 Be More 17/2 ew

Newmarket 4.30 Lorton 9/1 e/w

Redcar 3.35 Shark Two One 9/1 e/w

Double 10/1

Ascot 1.20 Daahyeh 

Ascot 3.40 Cape Byron

Double 9/1

Redcar 2.50 Khaloosy 

Newmarket 3.20 Urban Artist 

More selections than i feel comfortable with, but things going ok at moment so why not. Lowered some stakes to fit them in . A couple of winners will see me in profit I hope . 

There is a lot of Group action at Flemington and Randwick tomorrow including a G1 in Melbourne and 3 G1's in Sydney. We also have Nature Strip in action at Randwick and a win and your in race for the Melbourne Cup in the shape of the Bart Cummings at Flemington. I have 6 bets at Flemington and just the 1 at Randwick.

Flemington R2 (3.40am) - September Run recorded a huge win 1st up when recording clearly the quickest last 600m of the meeting. The 2nd has has franked the form since and this race looks weaker.

September Run @ 13/8 with William Hill

Flemington R3 (4.15am) - Munitions last ran in last year's Prix Maurice De Gheest when he did only beat 1 home, but before that he was 4th in the Prix Jean Prat and had won a G3 previously that year. Based on that form he has a big chance in this and the vibes from the yard suggests he is ready to run.

Munitions @ 11/2 with Bet365

Flemington R4 (4.50am) - Tofone always improves from 1st up to 2nd up and he ran a big race 1st up. He was a G1 winner over 1400m in Sydney in April and I think he can have a fitness edge over main danger Santa Ana Lane.

Tofone @ 9/5 with Bet365

Flemington R6 (6.05am) - Winner of this gets a run in the Melbourne Cup and I am going to take two against the field. Far be it from to tell Chris Waller what to do, but I have been desperate to see Shared Ambition back over a staying trip since he won over a trip on Melbourne Cup day. He ran a cracking race last time to finish 2nd from a poor draw over 2000m. I have to add Lord Belvedere to the mix as well given he is 4/4 here and has really improved of late to just keep winning. This is his toughest test, but you can't rule him out.

Shared Ambition @ 4/1 with William Hill

Lord Belvedere @ 11/2 with Bet365

Flemington R7 (6.45am) - A good race as you would expect for a G1 and I am going with Surprise Baby who ran a huge race in the Melbourne Cup last year, ran a huge race 1st up this prep and is unbeaten 2nd up. I think he is up to winning this on his way to the Melbourne Cup.

Surprise Baby @ 5/1 with Bet365

Flemington R8 (7.25am) - 2 against the field here. Pretty Brazen was a course and distance winner 2 starts back in a G2 and was then 3rd to Behemoth 2 weeks ago on the back up. She has an obvious chance here. I am also going to give Rubisaki another chance. She was really poor 1st up, but she looked so good last prep that you have to give her another chance to show that sort of form.

Pretty Brazen @ 11/2 with Bet365

Rubisaki @ 9/2 with Bet365

Randwick R8 (7.45am) - I thought the other G1's on the card looked tricky enough and there are a couple of other races which were tempting, but they looked like being between 2 close together at the head of the market so in the end have just gone with Mugatoo in the Met. Regular readers will know I am a big fan of him and he was really good when winning at Newcastle last time. He has a great draw here and I think he can go in again.

Mugatoo @ 15/8 with William Hill

3.05 Ascot  i'm expecting a  big run from  KING OTTAKAR  here today has won over only run at this trip on todays soft surface a drop back to it here looks a big plus mark of 100 look s very generous to me  didn't  get the best of passages lto over a mile  i've had a very decent e/w bet with corals 1/4 1-4  bog earlier @15/2 really think it will go very close deffo  a horse to keep an eye on for the future to  also have had a e/w double  with ARECIBO in the last (7/1 & 9/2 bet 365)  who is hard to win with but will love the ground today  was a tad unlucky not to have gone a lot closer at Ayr lto  not a price i normally take in a big handicap field but  will be shocked if this horse isn't placed at least!.

Good

luck to all.

Edited by Tedthewolf

1 hour ago, andypandy23 said:

@Darran according to my calculator, I've got you coming through with 4 successful tips this week, pendulum swinging the other way.

Seems like I completely missed what you were saying the other week. To be fair you were right my Aussie tips had a massive downturn and I would never shy away from when I am in poor form as I often mention at the start of my preview. I think the changes from winter to spring meant I had to adjust what I was looking for and I was slow in doing that. Hopefully last week was a sign of things improving, but we shall see. Prior to to that it had been pretty good going since March so I was do a bad run although it just went for longer than I would have liked. 

14 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Newmarket 2.10 Be More 17/2 ew

Newmarket 4.30 Lorton 9/1 e/w

Redcar 3.35 Shark Two One 9/1 e/w

Redcar 2.50 Khaloosy 

Double 10.92/1

Newmarket 2.45 Champers Elysees 10/3 
Newmarket 3.20 Urban Artist 

Today’s bets now that ascot is off

One Trixie at Newmarket today

1.40 Nm Mighty Gurkah (HD) (£2 win at 5.0 = £7.84) 3/1 for Trixie
2.10 Nm Be More (OM) 7/2
4.30 Nm Dream World (£1.20 at 6/1) 13/2 (T)

£1 win Trixie = £4 v poss return of £216.75

Other bets:

1.05 Nm Frontoio (HD) 70p win at 16/1

1.40 Nm Gift List (HS only ride) £1.20 win at 7/1

2.10 Nm Moll Davis (WB) £2 win at 9/2

2.45 Nm Half Light (WB) 45p at 18/1
2.45 Nm Nazeef (JC) 70p win at 10/1

3.20 Nm Inclyne (WB) £1 win at 9/2
3.20 Nm Hyamma (GD) £1 win at 13/2

3.55 Nm Auria (OM) 70p win at 11/1

Multiples = £4

Back later for some Redcar selections

Singles = £10.95

Total = £14.95

========================================================================================================

Disappointing day day really but that was to be expected with the underfoot going conditions.

No winners in the Trixie so a £4 loss.  The balance c/fwd is now £646.69 (Bank £800)

Just one winner today which returned £7.70; Dream World didn't want to go in the stalls so I was refunded £1.20.  After an outlay of £10.95 this resulted in a loss on the day of £2.05.  The new balance on my singles is £210.17 (Bank £400)

It's all about Enable tomorrow in the Arc; I have put a £1 on Persian King at 16/1 just in case Andre Fabre is confident about it staying 12 furlongs.  In any event I will cheer Enable on if it can do it.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update