** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Scottish Open

Squirrel Nutkin

There have been a lot of write ups for this already, which is probably why some of the value has gone. All of the previews I've read have come up with 30+ tips, so whilst that would suggest its wide open, there is one pick that is considerably more popular than the rest. But unfortunately the 50/1 is long gone:

Romain Langasque @ 40/1 8 places pp

The only other one I backed was

Matt Wallace @ 28/1 Skybet 8 places

??

Squirrel, put some research in and find your own picks mate. Looking around for tips elsewhere it's not going to bear too much fruit. There are a million sites out there with tips. Better to look at what's needed for the course and then go from there. Maybe use other sites and this too more for clarification of what you're thinking.

I hear what you're saying mate. And to a certain extent, I do agree. I can't claim to be very knowledgeable on the sport, but I do like to watch it and do like a bet! I've been following several other tipsters for a while, including yourself, and I like to put it all together and find some common denominators. Wouldn't be fair to pass it off as my own research though. This method has also proved quite fruitful in the past, just not so much recently! Maybe I will do a separate thread and keep a running total of profit/loss, just for my own records more than anything. 

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Yeah, not a bad idea. I've noticed when you visit these tipping sites in the past it's very rare they show profit/loss. Then they'll just only promote the wins.

True. And the bigger prices tend to be way off what is actually on offer. They keep the losses quiet until they hit a 150/1 winner and that was really only available at 66/1!