** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup Predictions > Sep 29th - Oct 1st

Brentford vs Fulham

The EFL Cup 4th Round dishes up a West London Derby on Thursday night when we witness a replay of last season's Championship play-off final as Brentford host Fulham in a 5:30pm BST kick-off at the Brentford Community Stadium. It was the away side that prevailed victorious in the battle to reach the promised land of the Premier League last month but will they repeat the feat here?

Brentford have had a lukewarm start to their campaign this year. Head coach Thomas Frank has seen a run of mixed results in the league with one win, one draw, and one loss but this run to the EFL Cup last 16 is boosting their morale. The Bees have already disposed of Wycombe, Southampton, and West Brom. Even without the goal scoring prowess of former star striker Ollie Watkins they will feel they can make it a third Premier League scalp in three consecutive rounds of this competition here. The team is now undefeated in 4 competitive matches.

Fulham will have anticipated a tough season this time around with many, including myself, backing them to finish rock bottom of the Premier League. Scott Parker saw his team lose their third consecutive top flight game of the season to remain on 0 points in the league. It's now 10 goals conceded in 3 league games for the Cottagers. Fortunately, the EFL Cup has provided some welcome respite away from the troubles of league action. Clean sheet wins over League One side Ipswich and Championship club Sheffield Wednesday have lifted spirits albeit briefly. They now face a big test against a team they know they have lost against in their last two away trips.

I am sure there will still be some Brentford fans scratching their heads and wondering how on earth West Brom and Fulham are in the Premier League this season and they're not. Well, football is cruel like that. The departure of Watkins could have caused issues but the arrival of Ivan Toney appears to be starting to pay off. Just as Watkins did so well at replacing Neal Maupay. I still think Brentford are a team in better overall shape than Fulham and it will show here.

Brentford to Win @ 2.40 with 888Sport

BTTS @ 1.83 with SportNation

Liverpool vs Arsenal

OK, so here we are again. Just a matter of days after our bold prediction in the Premier League thread of a certain result didn't come off. Still, we will not be turned away by such outcomes! It's Liverpool versus Arsenal again but this time it's a 7:45pm BST kick-off in the EFL Cup 4th Round on Thursday night from Anfield. Will we see a repeat result of last weekend's encounter?

Liverpool are starting this season like a bat out of hell. Many people including myself were backing them to face a strong title challenge from Manchester City but already it's looking like this season could potentially end up exactly the same as the last one with the Reds walking away with it. Jurgen Klopp's side might have lost the ceremonial curtain raiser to Arsenal in the FA Community Shield but it's been four straight wins since and already against some testing opposition in Leeds, Chelsea, and Arsenal. I'm anticipating Klopp to ring the changes for this game because he notoriously doesn't give a bean about this competition.

Arsenal will be looking for an instant reaction to last weekend's disappointing 3-1 loss to Liverpool. Mikel Arteta had been praised before the game for turning the Gunners into a more solid unit but a number of key absentees meant he was forced to re-jig a back-line that was always going to look shaky with Rob Holding and David Luiz at the heart of it. It was a demoralising result because it was a first defeat of the season for the London side and it'll now be interesting to see how Arteta shapes them up for this game and how the players react.

This fixture is renowned for having goals scored aplenty. These two sides met at this stage of the competition last season and it ended 5-5! Over 2.5 goals have been scored in 10 of the previous 12 meetings. Both teams have also scored in 11 of the last 12 matches between these two clubs. I have a feeling we could see something similar here and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw requiring penalties to decide the winner.

Draw @ 4.10 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.64 with 888Sport