** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 12 - October 18

• 3 weeks later...

I've got two suggestions on a single match:

Challenger Barcelona final, Alcaraz - Dzumhur: 

1) Alcaraz to win: 1.80 at bet365I jus't cannot skip this match, as I wanna take all the value I can with Alcaraz. He's an absolute monster on clay, I don't know in what time, but he will dominate this shit all over. One can argue against skipping this match again, Dzumhur is playing a goood goood tennis too in the last few days.

2) Alcaraz to win 2-1: 4.33 at bet365Then again, as much as I appreciate the gamestyle of Alcaraz, he's not there yet fully!!! He has weaknesses when he comes to the net, and has also weaknesses when he's serving extremely poorly. It's a final, Dzumhur gets his part too of the match. However, his overall gameplay is just too solid for a 17 year old, I'm gonna come out and say he takes this one 2-1 :)

EDIT: Way better odds at Betfair!!!!!

Edited by rodxuabht

2 hours ago, rodxuabht said:

1) Alcaraz to win: 1.80 at bet365I jus't cannot skip this match, as I wanna take all the value I can with Alcaraz. He's an absolute monster on clay, I don't know in what time, but he will dominate this shit all over. One can argue against skipping this match again, Dzumhur is playing a goood goood tennis too in the last few days.

2) Alcaraz to win 2-1: 4.33 at bet365Then again, as much as I appreciate the gamestyle of Alcaraz, he's not there yet fully!!! He has weaknesses when he comes to the net, and has also weaknesses when he's serving extremely poorly. It's a final, Dzumhur gets his part too of the match. However, his overall gameplay is just too solid for a 17 year old, I'm gonna come out and say he takes this one 2-1 :)

Vamos$$

4 hours ago, rodxuabht said:

fantastic stuff. both won

Cameron Norrie (+3.5) to beat Taylor Fritz at 1.81 with Pinnacle

This is the only bet I really like for tomorrow. Fritz has been making some progress in recent times, but he's never felt fully comfortable indoors and I wouldn't be shocked to see him struggle badly here. His serve works well indoors, of course, but he's not getting any help from the surface otherwise most of the time and Norrie will take even more time away for him if he plays his A game. This isn't clay anymore and that should give him a boost, as should the even 2-2 record.

Milos Raonic (-1.5 sets) to beat J.J. Wolf at 1.89 with Pinnacle

It's not often that I take these 2-0 bets, but I think Raonic is a very heavy favourite in this one. Wolf has struggled through the qualifiers against two average opponents and I'm not sure that he can deal with the stage and the big serves of the Canadian. His best hope should be a TB, of course, but Raonic has been convincing on hard courts so far in this season. He chokes against the big guys, sure, but he's usually efficient when it comes to beating opponents like Wolf. He's a decent talent, but he's not there yet imo.

Fabio Fognini to beat Roberto Carballes Baena at 1.91 with Pinnacle

An excellent price for Fognini imo. Sure, I get all the risks that this bet comes with, but he's still a class player on his day and this is an Italian tournament, so he should try at the very least. I've seen a bit of Baena recently and I wasn't impress all that much either, so I'm going to go with the price on Fognini and oppose the market that thinks that he's in no shape whatsoever.

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Fabio Fognini to beat Roberto Carballes Baena at 1.91 with Pinnacle

An excellent price for Fognini imo. Sure, I get all the risks that this bet comes with, but he's still a class player on his day and this is an Italian tournament, so he should try at the very least. I've seen a bit of Baena recently and I wasn't impress all that much either, so I'm going to go with the price on Fognini and oppose the market that thinks that he's in no shape whatsoever.

Fognini is tested positive on corona virus.

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina to beat Dennis Novak at 1.80 with Bet365

I'm liking Fokina quite a lot and Novak disappointed me when he last played him in the US Open. Back then, I had a bet on Novak to crush Fokina, but the latter has been making strides and leaps of progress since the new part of the season started. Beating Cilic isn't exactly a massive achievement these days, but it counts confidence-wise and it is clear that he likes the courts in Cologne. Saw bits of Novak as well, but Thompson wasn't too good himself in round one. Fokina has the weaker serve, but these courts aren't exactly carpet - and he's better from the back of the baseline.

Usually don't post in here as I surely don't know enough about tennis and I'd embarrass myself but any thoughts on Coric v Opelka?

Coric got to the final last year and lost to Medvedev.. who lost to Opelka in the last round. Points for Coric to defend but it looks like a flip of a coin. (and that's what the odds suggest).

Don't worry, @Painteur, and share freely!

I didn't get a chance to see Opelka yesterday, but there was something uneasy in his performance in the first round. Coric looked good against Lopez and then he underestimated Safiullin a little bit, but won 2-0 regardless. I thought that he would make it another of his long three set affairs, but he came back strongly and won in two, which should help him both physically and mentally. I'd give Coric a small edge, but it's more of a flip of a coin regardless. The longer it goes on, the better Coric should be.

1 hour ago, Painteur said:

Usually don't post in here as I surely don't know enough about tennis and I'd embarrass myself but any thoughts on Coric v Opelka?

Coric got to the final last year and lost to Medvedev.. who lost to Opelka in the last round. Points for Coric to defend but it looks like a flip of a coin. (and that's what the odds suggest).

I've gone with over 0.5 breaks in the first set - 1.50 at bet365.  Opelka is more than capable of breaking Coric, vice-versa if Opelka chokes a bit.

1 hour ago, Painteur said:

You'd be surprised @Painteur You probably know more than you realise :ok