** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > September 26th

Darran

Small loss to start the season last week thanks to two of the selections conceding two penalties each. This week I have 5 bets across the 4 divisions.

Grantham v Atherton Collieries

I opposed the away side last week which paid off and I think Grantham can beat them again here. Grantham did well to come from a goal down against Morpeth last Saturday especially as they had gone down to ten men. They backed that up with a win via a penalty shootout against Rushall in the FA Cup. Both those sides are better than Atherton and odds against quotes look too big.

Warrington v Gainsborough Trinity

Granted Trinity were very good last week when beating Hyde, but they were awful in the FA Cup losing 3-0 to AFC Mansfield. They have had to work with a reduced budget because of Covid and Warrington should be in the promotion hunt yet again. They won at Basford in the opening game and then drew with South Shields in the FA Cup (lost on pens). They should be too strong for Trinity.

Lewes v Brightingsea Regent

Two sides who look set to struggle this season, but the betting suggest Lewes are much the better side which I disagree with. They were stuffed 4-1 at Enfield on the opening day and Enfield had been struggling to train as a lot of the team had to self-isolate. They then lost 3-1 to Bedfont Sports in the FA Cup. The away side have also lost both games so far, but only 2-1 both times and as much as it is far from a lump on job they certainly look more than good enough to pick up 3 points here at 3/1. No way should Lewes be odds on based on their opening efforts.

Biggleswade Town v Bromsgrove

Biggleswade look pretty hopeless so far. They lost 1-0 to St Ives on the opening day and they are a side who will be in the bottom 6 I would imagine this season. They were then stuffed 5-1 at Leiston in the FA Cup which was another shocking effort. Bromsgrove will be expecting to be at the other end of the table. They got a late goal to get a point against Coalville and although they lost in the FA Cup to Stratford that was still a decent effort. Bromsgrove should be picking up their first win of the season here.

Poole v Hayes & Yeading

Hayes were involved in a good opening day game against Taunton and ended up with a point. They then beat Margate in the FA Cup and are looking in decent shape this season based on those two efforts. Poole ended up with a bye in the FA Cup and did win on the opening day, but they only created a couple of clear chances and scored from both of them. Granted that's being very clinical, but that isn't going to happen every week and I think Hayes are the better side so look value to me.

Grantham 2.5pts @ 11/10 with Bet365

Warrington 2pts @ Evs with Bet365

Brightlingsea Regent 1pt @ 31/10 with Bet365

Bromsgrove 2.5pts @ 13/10 with Bet365

Hayes & Yeading 1pt @ 9/4 with Betfred

24 minutes ago, Darran said:

Grantham 2.5pts @ 11/10 with Bet365

Warrington 2pts @ Evs with Bet365

Brightlingsea Regent 1pt @ 31/10 with Bet365

Bromsgrove 2.5pts @ 13/10 with Bet365

Hayes & Yeading 1pt @ 9/4 with Betfred

Ta mate. Again for those struggling with accounts - or who just want the edge on prices - Sporting Index are top priced across the board...11/10, 21/20, 16/5, 7/5, 23/10.

I'm on Bromsgrove as well to beat Biggleswade, Biggleswade lost to a side that will struggle this season St Ives last Saturday and were then hammered 5-1at Leiston in the FA Cup on tuesday. Bromsgrove drew with a good Coalville side last Saturday and were a bit unlucky losing to a late Stratford winner in the Cup, both these sides are better than Biggleswade so a performance anything like should see a Bromsgrove win imo

I'm also backing Stratford at 13-8 to win at Needham Market, Stratford looked very impressive at Bromsgrove with bags of pace whilst Needham are a lower midtable side at best imo

I'm also contemplating backing Hednesford at 9-5 at Lowestoft, Lowestoft another side that will be mid table at best whereas Hednesford are aiming for the play offs with new owners 

Tamworth look bankers against St Ives for acca material as do Banbury against Redditch 

Edited by bromsgrovegreen

Southern League Central
Bromsgrove to beat Biggleswade    13/10 
Lowestoft to beat Hednesford   11/10
Pboro Sports to beat Rushall  7/5
Stourbridge to beat Hitchin  8/11

Northern Premier
Matlock to beat Stafford   4/5
Nantwich to beat Stalybridge  11/10

Southern League South
Truro to beat Hendon  10/11
Chesham to beat Wimborne   4/6

Ismithian League
Lewes to beat Brightlingsea  8/11
Carshalton to beat Margate  7/5

@bromsgrovegreen there was far too many draws in southern league central including Peterborough Sports v Tamworth which wasnt a great shock after the 2 positions last season when that was cut short   but some very surprising draws     

Edited by ipswich45