** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro Tour

Fader

The 2nd European Tour event of the season takes place tomorrow. A break from the PDC Home Tour event, the German Darts Championship will run over the course of 2 days. Gurney is the defending champion here, when he beat Ricky Evans in the final, 8-6.

The top 16 of the PDC will be here along with the remaining 32 players come from qualifying events that have happened in previous months.

I'm going to break this down and have a couple as usual. In the top half of the draw is MVG but I have a feeling that he is going to have quite a few players giving him scares and very early too. I like Aspinall this week. I thought he was quite unlucky in the last event and it normally takes an unreal performance to take him out. He is 11/1 this week which is probably abit skinny considering he needs to take out MVG and then another big name in the final but I will go win only on him. The other I like the look of in the top half is Suljovic. Oh, and a tiny bet on Boris Koltsov who scores so well that you just never know. 

In the bottom half, I'm going to take a few. I'm actually going to leave Price alone. He has won 3 events in a row and hasn't lost in god knows how many matches but he's 4 or 5 to 1 this weekend and it's just too short. I can't see him winning this weekend but ofcourse I could be wrong. I'm going to go with Devon Petersen to beat Price. A repeat of a final not long ago in the Autumn Series where Petersen was flying ahead and let Price nick it in a final decider. Revenge perhaps. Ratajski was tempting but after watching him today, his scoring wasn't strong enough for me and I get the feeling that he would flounder in a final. 

2pts N.Aspinall to win German Championship 11/1 paddypower
1pt E/W M.Suljovic to win German Championship 45/1 bet365
1pt E/W D.Petersen to win German Championship 66/1 coral
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W J.Cullen to win German Championship 66/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W D.Noppert to win German Championship 80/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W B.Koltsov to win German Championship 250/1 coral

Qualification matches get underway tomorrow lunchtime and despite liking a few of them, there isn't nothing nice enough for me to tip it up. Well, apart from one match. I am taking on Smith tomorrow and I'm taking him on with Alan Tabern. Tabern beat him in 2017 and even last match they played was 6-4 Smith. Smith is having issues with doubles at the moment. Serious issues where it is in his head, so I'll take the handicap also as cover.

2pts A.Tabern to beat M.Smith 11/2 paddypower
3pts A.Tabern +3.5 legs to beat M.Smith evens paddypower

Tabern really poor last night. Didn't even start playing until 4-0 down. Had  a 70 average up until then. Ended up losing 6-2. One away from a handicap he should have easily covered. 2 I like today and the first is Danny Noppert to beat Adrian Lewis. Noppert is a really good player and he looked good in qualification too. Lewis will need a 95 average to win this, I feel.

The other I like is Mensur Suljovic to beat Jeff Smith with a handicap. Smith still doesn't feel me with confidence and that match should be a easy win for Mensur

5.5pts D.Noppert to beat A.Lewis 8/11 bet365
6pts M.Suljovic (-1.5 legs) to beat J.Smith 4/6 bet365
1pt accy - M.King / D.Noppert / Suljovic -1.5 legs / D.Petersen - 14/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)

Third round gets started at noon tomorrow and then we'll have the Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and final all in the same day. It's looking like it's best to be in the bottom half of the draw here, especially now that Price has gone out in Round 2. One I do like the look of tomorrow is Mensur Suljovic to beat James Wade. Mensur didn't look too impressive in the 2nd round but he got the job done with a 96.27 average and he was 2-0 down in that match. James Wade beat Nico Kurz 6-2 and managed a 94.60 average. It's pretty close between the pair but I'm going with Mensur to win this bout.

There's a few I like the looks of in a few other ties and so I'll try with another 4-fold accy.

MVG Vs M. King
M. Suljovic Vs J. Wade
P. Wright VS J. Clayton
D. Chisnall Vs N. Aspinall
M. Hopp Vs D. Noppert
D. Gurney Vs G. Durrant
D. Petersen Vs R. Cross
K. Ratajski Vs J. Cullen

5pts M.Suljovic to beat J. Wade 11/10 paddypower
1pt accy - M.Suljovic / D.Noppert / D.Gurney / D.Petersen - 14/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses)

Very poor from Mensur. What a mad session of darts. MVG is out. Wright is out. Durrant is out. Mensur lets me down for the 14/1 accy but it's money back with Paddy and so -5pts there. Quarter finals draw :

M.King Vs J.Wade
J.Clayton Vs D.Chisnall
D.Noppert Vs D.Gurney
D.Petersen Vs K.Ratajski

I thought King looked good but I find he can't keep it going for these long days. Chizzy looked good also and it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the final. In the other half I'm hoping Noppert can beat Gurney and Devon can beat Ratajski but either way this tournament is wide open.

1pt accy - King / Clayton / Gurney / Ratajski - 16/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses) 

Happy to lose the accy if one of Noppert and/or Devon can win ;)

German Darts Championship +12pts
Darts 2020 - +35pts

• Fader changed the title to Euro Tour

Euro tour 3 gets underway today. 3 huge price outsiders for me and 3 slightly more likely. Bottom line in this is I would expect Price to win this but in these events we've seen some big prices get to the latter stages. Once again Price Vs Petersen will be a key match for his chances. 

1.5pts E/W K.Ratajski to win Euro Tour 3 Grand Prix 14/1 bet365
1.5pts E/W D.Petersen to win Euro Tour 3 Grand Prix 20/1 bet365
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt E/W D.Chisnall to win Euro Tour 3 Grand Prix 33/1 bet365
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w D.Evans to win Euro Tour 3 Grand prix 200/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w N.Kurz to win Euro Tour 3 Grand prix 250/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w M.King to win Euro Tour 3 Grand Prix 150/1 paddypower

One for tonight in the darts :

I'm taking David Evans to beat Mensur tonight. I have to lay Mensur by default after that recent performance and I like Evans hence the outright pick. Anybody that has followed me in the darts section would have seen how good Evans had been when him ang Nijman were destroying the field. I'd really like a double with him to get the most 180s but unable to find it anywhere and so him to win is the pick. Evans to get the most 180s is around evens for a more certain bid in my eyes

4pts D.Evans to beat M.Suljovic 6/4 betvictor

The international European Tour gets underway in about 2 and a half hours time, in Germany. De Sousa won the last event and looked in great form. The field is looking quite weak this weekend. Durrant has tested positive for Covid. No Anderson and a few others.

In the top half it looks very likely that Aspinall will meet MVG once again in the Quarter-finals. MVG beat Aspinall only last weekend in a last leg decider and I think it's worth being on Aspinalls side this weekend. The winner would most likely face Ratajski in the semi-final. Ratajski didn't look on top form in the PDC Home Tour and didn't perform last weekend either. 

The bottom half looks much more open and looks the better value for a potential winner. Price looks to have another great shout but he faces Ross Smith and then last weeks winner De Costa. The winner of that would likely be Ian White or Danny Noppert. I'm going to take a punt on De Costa repeating last weekends exploits. I'll also have an outsider punt on Ross Smith. 

2pts E/W N.Aspinall to win International Euro Tour 10/1 willhill
2pts E/W De Costa to win International Euro Tour 18/1 unibet
1pt E/W I.White to win International Euro Tour 28/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W R.Smith to win International Euro Tour 150/1 bet365