Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Racing Chat Wednesday 23rd September

3:05 Perth Sword of Fate (12/1 bet365) backed this one early as I'm out until late, might well be bigger available later. Been in the tracker for a while as it's dropped stones in the weights. Wasn't fit on reappearance at Perth, then won at Cartmel (still don't think he was that fit!). Then last time would have been too far on softish ground. 2m on decent ground is ideal and hopefully it will continue to dry out tomorrow. Maybe he just isn't that good any more but I'll give him a chance at a decent price.

N.Hawke sends CLONMONARCH on a 992 mile round trip 5.50 PERTH his only runner on the card .

Horse has been off track for 266 days , the 5 year old is still a maiden after 6 runs , has had wind surgery & makes handicap debut today.

Sounds like an uphill task , 18/1 with bet365 ( 3 places ) 9/1 ( 6 places ) each way extras market.

One of my favourite horses in training runs today LA BAGUE AU ROI , watched her win her debut bumper run at Huntingdon many moons ago & followed her ever since , she generally starts the season well & fades ( usually Cheltenham time ) not had a bet , too short a price , but hope she wins 👍

1.00 Redcar - 0.5pts e/w Bobby's Rose @ 50/1 Bet365

Poor race and with conditions turning thought it might be worth chancing one at a huge price. Bobby's Rose could never get involved last time out but raced in the rear before keeping on only at the one pace when its best form has come when running prominently. Hopefully can bounce out a bit better here as she doesn't have much of a turn of foot but looks capable of keeping on from closer to the pace. Dam enjoyed soft ground so that could play to this one's strength too and is potentially well drawn here so just thought I'd chance her at such a big price. 

1.35 Redcar - 1pt e/w My Little Queens @ 11/1 Bet365

Richard Fahey's runner goes handicapping off a lowly mark but is sure to benefit from the extra furlong here and shaped with some promise in novice runs. Never had much chance at the weights last time out at Wolverhampton and wasn't given a hard time at all, including being pulled extremely wide turning in and I think we can expect a much better run now going handicapping in a winnable race.

1.50 Goodwood - 2pts win Plantadream @ 10/3 Bet365

The favourite has been well beaten both times he's encountered conditions softer than good which is what I anticipate the ground to be there in a couple of hours and Plantadream looks a very viable alternative having won well at Ascot last time. Still fairly lightly raced, mark looks fair on a going day and whilst unraced so far on soft ground, being by Planteur would suggest it won't be a problem at all and can get the job done again here.

1.55 Perth - 1pt e/w Whoa Black Betty @ 16/1 Bet365

Shaped as if needing the run on handicap debut last time and I think we can expect better today. Showed promise in novices last year and ended up finishing around about some horses who have secured higher marks than what this one runs off here and if stepping up for the outing last time, can go well at a big price now. 

2.55 Goodwood - 2pts win Oriental Mystique @ 8/1 Bet365

I think David Simcock's charge is being overlooked here as she has solid form in the book and so long as forgiving her run last time out in France, would have every change here. Has shaped as if 1m2f with give in the ground would be her absolute optimum and a run such as that in France two starts back would see her go very close and even when needing the run on quicker ground on seasonal reappearance, her effort on first run this year wouldn't see her beaten miles either so think 8/1 is a generous price today.

A few PL Nap bets

4.15 Perth Befani Blue 70p win at 10/1

4.55 Red Highjacked £1.20 at 9/1

7.30 Km Whitehaven 70p win at 16/1
7.30 Km Topology 45p win at 25/1

£3.05

Been out all morning so little time today

==============================================================================================================

No winners today so a small £3.05 Loss.  My singles balance is now £235.63 (Bank £400)

No multiples or Lay bets today so the balances are unchanged

My Naps picks lost £3.05 so the deficit C/Fwd is £26.95

Class action at Newmarket tomorrow

I am trying to cut down on my time on all this stuff so it may seem strange to add in my pick of PL tips from tomorrow.  This is to counter balance my pick of the Naps tips which are usually at longer prices

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update