** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Sep 26th & 27th

Ipswich vs Rochdale

OK, so we have the likes of @allyhibs covering the Scottish football and we have @Perfect Storm doing his thing with Bolton so I'm going to shine the light on League One ahead of tomorrow's games. The focus for this preview is Ipswich versus Rochdale in a 3pm BST kick-off at Portman Road. These two sides have experienced contrasting starts to their campaigns so let's see how they're set for this clash.

Ipswich have started this campaign like they started the previous one. Paul Lambert witnessed his team win 8 and draw 3 of their opening 11 league games last season. This time around they've won their opening two league matches after beating both Wigan and Bristol Rovers by a 2-0 score-line. The fact they have managed this with last season's joint top scorer James Norwood being restricted to a role coming off the bench shows that this Tractor Boys side is one to be taken seriously in this division this season. Three clean sheets from their four competitive matches so far also shows that right now they're getting things spot on at both ends of the pitch.

Rochdale came into this campaign knowing they'd be up against it. The team has been under the management of Brian Barry-Murphy since former manager Keith Hill joined Bolton. The club narrowly avoided relegation last season and with just 1 point from their opening 2 league matches it's clear to see this could be a long and hard season for the Dale. The 0-0 draw at home to Portsmouth offered some encouraging signs after the demoralising 3-1 loss away to Swindon but is relegation at the end of this campaign almost inevitable?

I have a feeling Ipswich will do what they usually do and start this season frantically and at a high tempo before fading off as the season goes on. It just depends if they can put in enough points when the going is good to let it see them over the line. Whatever happens over the course of the season I can see them winning games like this comfortably. The bookies back a business-like home win and so do I!

Ipswich -1 @ 2.25 with SpreadEx

Ipswich HT/FT @ 2.25 with BetVictor

Cheltenham vs Grimsby

The League Two game I'm choosing to focus on this week is the 3pm BST clash on Saturday afternoon between Cheltenham and Grimsby at Whaddon Road. Neither side will feel they have maximised their potential so far this season and will see this game as posing a different set of respective challenges. Can the home side get the win expected of them or will the visitors cause an upset?

Cheltenham were unfortunate last season to not gain promotion. Michael Duff would have etched his name into the club's legend status had he managed that feat. Despite their superb form last season of losing the least amount of games in the division it wasn't enough. The 2-1 defeat at home on the opening weekend of the season was a disappointment but the team bounced back in epic fashion last week with a 3-0 win away to Tranmere. Just 1 loss from their 3 games in the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy means the season is slowly delivering more positives than negatives.

Grimsby are looking like a team that are standing in the middle on a finely balanced seesaw right now. There were high hopes from their fans after the appointment of Ian Holloway as manager but results haven't gone their way so far this campaign. Failure to win 3 of their 4 matches across all competitions up to this point is worrying. Losing 1-0 away to Walsall and 4-0 at home to Salford in the league is cause for concern alone but the loss on penalties to Morecambe in the EFL Cup 1st Round and the narrow pens win over Harrogate in the EFL Trophy is hardly inspirational.

I have to back Cheltenham to win this game. Grimsby might well slowly pick up enough results to finish in a mid-table position this season but right now they're struggling. No goals scored in the league and a leaky defence to boot needs immediate addressing by Holloway. If the back-line isn't tightened soon then they could be in for a tough few weeks. A side like Cheltenham will ruthlessly punish them and I can see them doing so here.

Cheltenham to Win @ 1.83 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Boylesports

Celtic v Hibernian.

Hibs travel to Parkhead today with the same team that drew with Rangers last week, it's an attacking 352 lineup, so an open high scoring game looks on the cards. The odds for the Hibs win is the same as last week and you have to think that's overpriced. I'm pretty much thinking the same way as last week also, Hibs could win this and at the odds you have to back it. I think they'll definitely score at least once and feel pretty confident for a max bet.

Hibs @ 9.50 - 0.5pt.

Hibs +2 @ 1.80 - 4pts.

Hibs to score @ 1.80 - 4pts.