** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday Sept 22nd

1.55 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Marion's Boy @ 16/1 Bet365

Half brother to the talented Tip Two Win and this one's dam was an all-weather performer which bodes well for his debut on the artificial surfaces. Ran in two very hot novice races last year so can be excused for finishing down the field before only being beaten 1/2l in a 5 horse finish on seasonal reappearance. That form can be questioned and his midfield run last time wasn't brilliant either but has been freshened up since and interesting his best run has come after a break. Makes his all-weather debut off a fairly modest mark and is worth chancing at a big price.

2.05 Beverley - 1pt win Tangled @ 7/1 Bet365

Looks to be a decent pace on here and that will suit Tangled who is 2-2 when running here (both over c&d) and is typically quite consistent so can forgive its poor run last time out in a good race. This represents an ease in grade and will relish coming from off the pace here with the stiff finish suiting. Only 1lb higher than when winning here on its last visit and can bounce back today.

2.55 Warwick - 1pt e/w Bellatrix Lestrange @ 9/1 Bet365

Twice placed in bumpers but her jumping has let her down since going over hurdles, though hasn't been disgraced in good ground novice races so far. Goes handicapping off a fair mark now and should find this easier. No issue with conditions so if she can brush up her jumping this afternoon can get involved at a handy price for Richard Johnson. 

3.15 Beverley - 2pts win Royal Brave @ 4/1 Bet365

Competitive race and a big field but Rebecca Bastiman's charge looks to hold big hopes here off a reduced mark having shaped okay of late. Finished well at Musselburgh last time out, shaping as if the stiffer finish here would suit and also ran well four starts back when again getting ideal conditions of 5f on decent ground. Was running competitively off marks in the 70s not long ago so running here off 64 with the yard back in better form makes a lot of appeal from a good draw.

3.50 Beverley - 1pt e/w Athmad @ 12/1 Bet365

Doesn't win very often but conditions suit here and he's down in the weights and grade today. Shaped okay over 1m2f last time when he's better over a mile and wasn't disgraced at Pontefract a couple of starts back in a better race than he contests today. Conditions to fall down to an attractive mark and with conditions to suit, looks to hold solid each-way claims.

4.55 Beverley - 1pt e/w Thorntoun Care @ 9/1 Bet365

There are 5 horses who like to go forward in this contest and I'm hoping they'll set it up for strong stayer at this trip, Thorntoun Care, who will relish the stiff finish here. This is easier than some of this one's recent races and that should help them come back to him in the closing stages. No problem with the mark, didn't stay over 1m6f on soft last time so can forgive that run and if not getting too far back, can stay on well late on to hopefully make the frame at the very least.

Just one lay bet atm

1.00 Bev Charlie Fellowes £20.42 at 2.94 = £20.10 v £39.61 liability.  Being strongly backed at so I hope it struggles up the Beverley Hill

Back later

Well Charlie Fellowes won well

1.30 Bev Naamoos £20.42 at 1.63 = £20.01 v - £12.66

4.25 Bev Valrian Steel £20.42 at 1.44 (um 1.56 but is sure to get matched in running) £20.01 v (£8.98)

5.20 Lin Taqareer £20.42 at 1.44 = £20.01 v ((£8.98)

Looking at win bets now

============================================================================================================

Haha, I guess I got what I deserved by laying very short priced favourites on good to firm going.  Four losing bets = -£70.23 and a balance c/fwd of -£89.84.  I will be a bit more careful in future.  As an aside, I did recover my losses by way of Redesdale Rebel in the 6.40 at Newcastle which was sent off at 6/4.  This doesn't count in my figures and I am very happy that everyone, for the time being at least, concludes that I am living dangerously.  I will improve with my lay selctions in time ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

One Trixie at £1 = £4 = poss return of £114.81

1.55 Ling Conscious 10/3
4.05 War Veiled Secret 10/3
4.50 Lin Beholden 5/2

Back soon with some win bets

3.15 Bev Gamesome £1.20 win at 8/1

4.55 Bev Contrast £1.20 at 15/2

4.05 War Auld Sod £1.20 win at 5/1

5.15 War Crackin Rose £1.20 win at 11/2

3.05 Lin Don't Look Back £2 win at 7/2

3.40 Lin Lynn's Boy £1.20 win at 6/1

4.15 Lin Green Door £1.20 win at 6/1

5.50 Lin Union Spirit £1.20 win at 8/1

= £10.40 on singles

4.55 Bev Thontoun Care £1.20 win at 9/1

My pick of Nap selections

Jupitor Road £1.20 at 6/1

I was going to include Royal Brave in the 3.15 Bev but any value in its price has now gone so I'll leave it

Can't believe that one of my Trixie selections has won

===================================================================================================

Not a good day with no winners.  I did back Caselli for 70p in the 3.50 at Newbury at 14/1 but forgot to record it

Anyway a £12.80 loss on the day and my singles balance has dwindled to £238.68 (Bank £400)

The multiples lost £4 and the balance c/fwd is £662.69 (Bank £800)

I lost £1.20 on the PL Naps and the deficit is now -£23.90

Let's see what disaster I can create tomorrow at Goodwood

Have a good night's sleep everyone, I know I will

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update