Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

Championship League Snooker

It's another bout of Championship League Snooker starting today. Now it's ranked though, so it should provide abit more competitiveness and perhaps may slow down the big scorers at the latter stages. I like this tournament, I've managed to get both winners in Donaldson and Brecel at huge prices of 66 and 125/1 as it's normally a wide open event.

128 players in this, split into groups of four. There are 32 groups. You can win, lose or draw in the group matches which are a "first to 4" structure. 

picks (10pts staked)

0.5pts E/W G.Wilson to win CL 50/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W A.McGill to win CL 50/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W Un-Nooh to win CL 50/1 paddypower 
0.5pts E/W S.Donaldson to win CL 75/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W L.Brecel to win CL 75/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W Xintong to win CL 75/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W K.Maflin to win CL 125/1 paddypower 
0.5pts E/W Yuelong to win CL 150/1 paddypower 
0.5pts E/W Holt to win CL 175/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W E.Slessor to win CL 225/1 paddypower 

I'll put up the groups and winners in here also as there won't be much match betting in these small formats :

Winner Group 1 - J.Trump
Winner Group 2 - R.Day
Winner Group 3 - R.Milkins
Winner Group 4 - B.Hawkins
Winner Group 5 - D.Dale
Winner Group 6 - Z.Yuelong
Winner Group 7 - M.Selt
Winner Group 8 - S.Murphy
Winner Group 10 - Z. Xintong
Winner Group 12 - S.Bingham
Winner Group 13 - R.McLeod
Winner Group 14 - G.Dott
Winner Group 15 - J.O'Neill
Winner Group 16 - M.Selby
Winner Group 18 - X.Guodong
Winner Group 21 - D.Gilbert

I'm going to take Heathcote to win group 5. He has the easiest of his matches are the start and plays Maguire last and Maguire is very much a hit and miss kind of player so if he isn't up for this, I think Heath has a great chance at a big price.

In the other group i will take outright pick, Yuelong. A player I rate quite highly.

5pts Yuelong to win Group 6 7/5 bet365
2pts L.Heathcote to win Group 5 6/1 paddypower
1pt double on both above 14/1 bet365

Yuelong wins group 6. Heathcote didn't really turn up. He should have gone 1-0 up against Dale and after losing that frame, it all went abit south. +4pts

Championship League +4pts
Snooker 2020 bets +139.75pts

I'm going to take Ben Woollaston to win Group 7 tomorrow. He is in a group with Gao Yang (16yr old from China), Jiahui (18yr old from China) and Matthew Selt, who is bang out of form. Selt has only won 1 from his last 6 whilst Woollaston managed to get to the final group in the last Championship League event. 

In the other group, I'm going to take a gamble on Jimmy White. I'm not sure what Murphy will turn up for this but even when he is playing well this kind of event isn't really suited to his style. In reality, even O'Donnell is more likely than Jimmy to qualify, but when you don't need to win every match in these groups anything can happen. We've seen players top the group with just one win. 

5pts B.Woollaston to win Group 7 7/5 bet365
2pts J.White to win Group 8 10/1 betfred

My word, Woollaston was pathetic. Todays groups are group 10 and 21. I can't see past wins for Gilbert and Xintong today so it's a no bet.

Championship League -3pts
Snooker 2020 bets +132.75pts

Gilbert and Xintong through. Groups 12 and 18 get going this morning. I like Guodong in group 18. Vafaei is a good player but we haven't seen him win since October 2019. He's had a couple of tough opponents but that's a 9 match losing streak. We saw Guodong make the semi-finals in his last event and push Trump to a decider. He also made the Last 16 of the Grand Prix.

In the other group, you'd have to think Bingham should get through that group but it's a tricky one. Sijun is a really good player and although Cahill is bang out of form he could easily strike up some form for this. I think it's worth a small punt on Cahill.

5pts X.Guodong to win group 12 11/10 unibet
1.5pts J.Cahill to win group 18 7/1 betfred

Guodong wins Group 12. Cahill gave us a run for our money but needed to win that first frame against Bingham. Bingham ends up winning all 3 matches 3-0 and looks on form. One to keep an eye on. +4pts

Championship League +1pt
Snooker 2020 bets +136.75pts

Nothing I really liked yesterday. I was tempted by Ian Burns and he ended up 2nd so glad I left that alone. McLeod wins the group along with Dott. Wenbo was also tempting but the favourite wins the group. It's similar today in that I think Haotian is tempting but it's a no bet for me today