Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

French Open 2020

What are the seedings for Roland Garos ?  Have they been announced yet ?

If it were me, I'd have Nadal 1st, Thiem 2nd, Djokovic 3rd, but I suspect Joker will be seeded 2nd, and Thiem 3rd.

Seedings will have a big impact on the draw, and therefore the outright prices.

Alright, guys, the French Open is here and it’s set to go on. It’s possible that it’s going to be without fans after all, but we’re going to get matches and that’s what matters.

Personally, I’ve already written the season off for many reasons. It’s going to be a bad one, but that was bound to happen after two very good runs. I still want to cover matches and events until the new season starts, however, but my approach is going to be slightly different. So let’s take a look at what I’ve been able to fish out so far!

First, I like Shuai Zhang’s chances to upset Madison Keys. The H2H record should be ignored, as it’s quite old, but what shouldn’t be ignored is the fact that Keys hasn’t played any preparation events. She’s retired from her match against Cornet in the US Open and has been absent since then. Zhang, meanwhile, has been playing in Strasbourg in the meantime and even in Rome for a while before then. She’s worse than Keys, but 3.26 with a one-set bookie? I’ll take that!

Stefano Travaglia also shouldn’t be the underdog against Andujar imo. Sure, Andujar has beaten him last time out, but Travaglia leads the record 2-1 nonetheless and he was impressive in Rome. There, he managed to beat Coric and Fritz before losing against Berrettini, which is fair. His youth should also be a benefit if this goes to the distance, which it easily might.

Hugo Gaston is a promising home talent and he crushed Janvier 6-3 6-0 not that long ago. Janvier is on a losing streak as well, so chances are that we’ll get another good win for Gaston. Unless he chokes on the big stage, he should have the upper hand.

Finally, I’m also going to take a chance on Mikael Ymer against Djokovic. I like the guy on the big stage, he’s got the right attitude when playing the big guys and he showed that against Krajinovic in the US Open. The scoreline was quite misleading in that one and I think that he’s going to win a few games against Novak.

Shuai Zhang to beat Madison Keys at 3.26 with Pinnacle

Stefano Travaglia to beat Pablo Andujar at 2.00 with Bet365

Hugo Gaston to beat Maxime Janvier at 1.52 with Pinnacle

N.Djokovic/M.Ymer – Over 26 games at 1.79 with Pinnacle

Good luck to everyone!

I've got the next matches: (obviously every argument of mine is subjective a bit as well, so take it like that). Imma attach the score I predict to be played as well, don't take it for granted.

Pironkova - Petrovic : Petrovic to win 2.20: Pironkova is way way overrated in this matchup. I see her playing a relaxed, free flowing tennis, I do not think it will be enough against Petrovic, whom I find a great, solid player overall. Value odds on clay. Prediction: Petrovic to win 2-0

Monteiro - Basilashvili - Basilashvili takes a set : 1.44: Basilashvili is a joke as well, I just cannot imagine him going down without taking 1-2 sets from Monteiro. Monteiro is a fighter, runs a lot, plays every ball, etc, nothing special imo though. Prediction: Basilashvili to win: 3-1

MIllman - Busta : Millman takes a set : 1.57: Busta is overrated here again, Millman should be good for a set any day of the year. Prediction: Busta to win 3-2

Djere - Anderson: over 3,5 sets: This is a 60-40% matchup again, I see a 5 setter here. Prediction: Anderson to win 3-2

Halys - Giron: Giron to win 2 sets atleast : 1.57: Giron is not the king on clay, however, I liked him versus Ymer some weeks ago. Halys on the other hand is not even average,in my opinion again. Prediction: Giron to win 3-1

Isner - Benchetrit:

Benchetrit to win the first set. - 3.25 / to break serve - 2.50

Isner hasn't touched clay since 2018 ( official match). Benchetrit has some experience overall, not in a great form, but he played some matches. 

The scenario I imagine: Isner struggles with his serve a bit, the weather + clay will bring up the slow game in advantage -> Benchetrit strikes

(Imma go Benchetrit to take a set also)

Niculescu - Collins

Niculescu to win- 2.20 : Uhm, Collins is quite awful on clay, I watched her last 3 matches, she played poooooooooooooooor on all of them, basically she beat herself every single time. Collins is way better than Niculescu at normal conditions( my opinion), but Niculescu has a strange style of playing, which I consider upsetting for Collins in this matchup. Niculescu to win all the way.

Edited by rodxuabht

Aleksandar Vukic to beat Pedro Martinez at 4.33 with Bet365

Jason Jung to beat Federico Coria at 3.75 with Bet365

Adding these two underdogs as well, no reason for such big odds imo. Martinez has no serve and, while he should outplay Vukic from the back of the court, Vukic has been above average during the qualifiers. Should have a chance. Jung led Coria 2-0 in this year's US Open before getting injured and losing. He's worse on clay, but not by such a margin and he's played a few matches here already, which should help him.