** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Kevin Pullein Saturday Picks 2020/21

harry_rag

Still can’t get at it. It’s been a long and varied journey, time was I had to look at the paper in a shop or newsagent to get the tip, unless it had been posted on another site that tracked his bets in a haphazard way. Then, for a while, I was subscribing to the IPad edition of the paper and got it every Friday night. Then they started putting all the sports tips online for free. Nothing seems to have changed in that respect bar Kev’s column being restricted this week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, harry_rag said:

20 wins and 1 push from 30 bets. +9.55 points to advised stakes with an ROI of 32.37%, +9.05 points to level stakes with an ROI of 30.17%

And that's how we finish the season.

Overall position now looks like this (going back to the 2013/14 season).

271 bets showing a level stakes profit of 66.87 points with an ROI of 24.67%. This is the fifth season I've recorded to advised stakes, which show 162 bets, 41.33 points profit and ROI of 28.6%.

The level stakes ROI has been (earliest to latest) 27.03%, 25.91%, 13.04%, 21.84%, 41.06%, 19.75%, 20.04% and 30.17%.

I wonder what the odds are on Kev being back next season? Surely he can't be too far away from retirement now!

• 1 month later...

So, assuming KP hasn't retired, is there any interest in a thread for next season? I know one or two people follow the thread, some out of interest only perhaps, others backing the selections. There are three broad options:

• Carry on pretty much as previously
  • Not bother
  • I could just post a monthly update, e.g. how many bets/wins there had been, stake, return and ROI

The last option wouldn't help those who back the selections but they are available here from late Friday afternoon or early evening: https://www.racingpost.com/sport/

I suppose the latter option appeals to me as being a bit less work but it's hardly back breaking to carry on in the current style. I'm just weighing up the various threads and spreadhseets I've got running ahead of the new season. If anyone has a view then let me know.