** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat -friday 11th sept

1.10 Doncaster - 1pt win Albaflora @ 6/1 Bet365

Taking on the favourite here for all she won well last time - her two main rivals couldn't get involved from off the pace when it favoured being up with the gallop and the horse in second has let the form down since so I'm siding with Albaflora. For all she ran okay at York and even on that effort would go close here, I did think she'd run better than that and can bounce back here. She's not the quickest so I hope she goes forward and makes the running today in a small field and tries to dominate from the front. 

1.40 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Hochfeld @ 14/1 Bet365

Despite successfully backing the favourite at York, I'm happy to take on at a short price given the potential bounce factor returning quite quickly after his first start in a long time and also with the extra couple of furlongs taking him into the unknown. In fact, a few of these have something to prove and I think at the price, it could be worth siding with the battle hardened Hochfeld who won at Goodwood under these conditions recently and has been higher rated in the past. Not been as good on soft since but his best form has come on a sound surface and with 8 runners set to go to post here, has a decent chance of making the frame.

2.10 Doncaster - 3pts win Ghalyoon @ 11/4 Hills

Some will remember that I put this one up last time as an absolute handicap blot but was incredibly weak in the betting on his first run after a lengthy absence. In the end he defied that to go very close and is just 1lb higher here. Looks very much primed to strike and I think will win today if not bouncing.

3.15 Doncaster - 2pts win Eagles by Day @ 11/2 Hills

Backed this one a few times this season and I really think he's got a big staying prize in him and today is an easier race than what he's competed in recently. Race wasn't run to suit at York and I can see this one travelling into this nicely and wrapping it up late on - I hope at least.

4.00 Chester - 1pt e/w Lincoln Park @ 8/1 Bet365

Will enjoy the return to Chester where much of his best form has come after fading late on at Haydock over a testing 7f on soft ground last time. I think 7f around Chester is his ideal conditions and especially if he can go forward and race prominently throughout - couldn't get the position when last running over c&d and had to settle for a staying on 2nd from off the pace and despite going forward over 6f here the next time, just didn't have the speed late on. If bouncing out from stall 5 and racing handily, think he could take some pegging back today. 

One Trixie today

1.40 Don Alfaatik 15/8
2.10 Don Ghalyoun 3/1
3.15 Don Spanish Mission 2/1

£1 win Trixie = £4 v £64.32

Other bets

1.10 Don Albaflora £1 win at 6/1

1.40 Don Sleeping Lion 70p win at 5/1
1.40 Don Alfaatik 80p win at 2/1
1.40 Don Hiochfield 50p win at 14/1

2.10 Don Ghalyoun £1 win at 11/4
2.10 don Tranchee 50p at 6/1
2.10 Don Musicality 50p win at 7/1

2.40 Don Frenetic £1 win at 5/1
2.40 Don Steel Bull 50p win at 5/1

3.15 Don Spanish Mission 50p at 2/1
3.15 Don Eagles By Day £1 win at 11/2
3.15 Don Selino 50p win at 11/1

3.45 Don One Riler £1.20 at 13/8
3.45 Don Spycatcher £1 win at 7/2
3.45 Don Round Six 50p win at 28/1
3.45 Don Darvel 50p win at 40/1

4.15 Don Cardouan 50p win at 10/1
4.15 Don John Leeper 50p win at 9/1
4.15 Don Taravara 50p won at 10/1
4.15 donm Tromso 50p win at 16/1
No cover bet on the favourite

Multiples = £4

Singles = £13.70

Total stakes = £17.70

This should be an entertaining afternoon if nothing else.

Good luck everyone

==========================================================================================================

Two more favourites let me down for my Trixie.  Hence a £4 loss.  The balance C/Fwd is now £684.69 (£800 Bank)

With the singles I was just having some fun with Jockey bookings today.  I had two winners and the return was £5.00 This meant a loss of £8.70 on the day.  The balance C/Fwd is now £282.70 (£400 Bank) Can't laugh that off.

From tomorrow I will be back to some sort of normal, however, all my bets, multiples or singles will be on selections where I can obtain a minimum price of 7/2.    

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

On 9/10/2020 at 9:54 AM, richard-westwood said:

210 donc 

Chief of chiefs  226 +2 

Tranchee 224+1 

Open race but both of these have been running well especially chief who has been running well in much stronger races than this .....big prices considering

Chief of chief 10pt win 10/1 bet365

Tranchee 10pt win 10/1 888

Tranchee backed into 4/1 wins ...110 pts returned