** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Sep 12th

the Rangers team are going for seven shutouts in a row (not conceded a league goal since 4th March).  and Dundee utd look to have issues in attack in the absence of their main striker

so Dundee utd goals under 0.5 at 1.56 betfred 

Under 2.5 Goals is becoming something of a staple for St Mirren at home. Indeed, in the last eight here have seen this bet has land.

Hibs aren't  in as many goal-laden games either these days. Under 1.5 has actually copped in the visitors past four (only three goals scored in total in these matches).

so under 2.5goals at 1.67 betfred 

the double pays 2.56 betfred the bet 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One and Premiership

Milton Keynes Dons have failed to win their last 14 away matches in League One.
Burton have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 8 away matches in League One.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Burton’s last 6 away games in League One.
Portsmouth are undefeated in their last 19 home matches in League One.
Rangers have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 home matches in Premiership.
Aberdeen have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premiership.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in St. Mirren’s last 7 home games in Premiership.
Celtic are undefeated in their last 14 matches in Premiership.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 12.09.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-09-2020-20642

(Players stats are from last season.)

Portsmouth vs Shrewsbury

Portsmouth

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Alex Bass (17/0 first goalkeeper)

Suspended: -

Shrewsbury

Doubtful: Ollie Norburn (17/3 m, captain), Aaron Pierre (30/3 d), Daniel Udoh (25/4 f)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

16 hours ago, duckmaster said:

St Mirren without first second and third choice keepers due to COVID. Hibs at 1.8 still but will be interesting to see who, if anyone, St Mirren bring in on emergency loan or if they go with a youth player. Hibs (-1) is 3.25

St Mirren have brought in Hearts keeper Zlamal on loan. I'm going to wait for Hibs team news before i post my thoughts, leaning towards a max bet on Hibs.

Portsmouth vs Shrewsbury

Our resident Scottish football experts have the football north of the border covered so I'll use my two previews in this section to cover League One and League Two. The first of those is the League One clash between Portsmouth and Shrewsbury scheduled for a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon from Fratton Park. Is this the season the home side finally return to the Championship or will the visitors damage pre-season optimism in the first game?

Portsmouth are being tipped by many to be the side that lifts the League One title this season. In Kenny Jackett, Pompey retain an experienced third tier manager. The club were unfortunate to miss out last season in the play-offs losing on penalties to Oxford. A penalty shootout victory over lowly Stevenage after a 3-3 draw in the EFL Cup 1st Round hasn't exactly improved expectations but there's plenty for the fans to be optimistic about. There have been no major departures and the arrivals of centre back Sean Raggett from Manchester City and right back Callum Johnson from Accrington Stanley will bolster a defence that needed depth. The loan signing of left back Cameron Pring from Bristol City is also an exciting one. I saw him play for Merthyr back in 2017 and he looked a decent prospect back then.

Shrewsbury will be hoping to at least consolidate their position in League One this seasons but there will certainly be some fans feeling they can maybe take on the role of dark horses to reach the play-offs. After Wycombe's heroics last season, anything is possible. Sam Ricketts has had to deal with a few departures such as Romain Vincelot, Josh Laurent, and Omar Beckles but the additions of winger Josh Daniels from Glenavon, striker Rekeil Pyke from Huddersfield, central midfielder Scott High from Huddersfield, right back Marlon Fossey from Fulham, and keeper Matija Sarkic from Wolves generally leave the squad in a stronger state than last year.

I think both of these sides will experience positive campaigns in their own right this season. I feel they both come into this new season with stronger squads than last year but that doesn't always guarantee success. Portsmouth should be there or thereabouts in the title race and I expect them to start with a win against Shrewsbury in this one. Salop won't be an easy opener though so it might even be the smallest of margins that separates these two sides.

Portsmouth to Win @ 1.87 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.70 with Matchbook

Bradford vs Colchester

The previewed game in League Two for this weekend is the 3pm BST match on Saturday afternoon between Bradford and Colchester at Valley Parade. Both of these two teams will have their eyes on being involved in the promotion race this year after they narrowly missed out on promotion last season. The home side will be looking to at least reach the play-offs after just missing out on points-per-game last year and the away team will hope to go one better than being eliminated in the play-offs like last season.

Bradford are still seen by many as a sleeping giant. A 25,136-capacity stadium, a council area population of nearly 550,000 people with an urban area population of over 1.5 million, and a team that has past Premier League pedigree. Manager Stuart McCall will be looking to improve on last season's 8th placed finish. Pre-season was a bit of a winless shambles but the 2-1 win away to Bolton in the EFL Cup 1st Round offered hope. A number of players including last season's top scorer James Vaughan have exited the club but that's allowed McCall to re-boot his squad. Right back Levi Sutton from Scunthorpe, attacking midfielder Billy Clarke from Grimsby, attacking midfielder Callum Cooke from Peterborough, and central midfielder Elliot Watt from Wolves all bring much needed competition for spaces.

Colchester had a season to remember last year with a run to the EFL Cup Quarter-Finals before eventually being knocked out away to Manchester United and defeat after extra-time to Exeter in the play-off semi-finals. Head coach John McGreal was given his marching orders for what the board felt was a failure and he's been replaced by coach Steve Ball. It's a risky move given Ball's only managerial experience bar a brief spell as caretaker of the U's back in 2016 has been with non-league sides and none of those spells were particularly long. The 3-1 loss away to Reading in the EFL Cup 1st Round shouldn't be analysed too much. Personnel changes have been kept to a minimum too with just goalkeeper Ethan Ross departing to Lincoln. Only centre back Tommy Smith from Sunderland, keeper Shamal George from Liverpool, and striker Martell Taylor-Crossdale on loan from Fulham have come in.

My brother and I were having a chat about who we felt would win each division title this season and Bradford were his choice. I'm not so sure. I think Salford, Exeter, and Cheltenham are all better bets for that. I do think the Bantams will be there in the mix though and I am worried for Colchester. I don't understand why they sacked McGreal. I'd be surprised if they reached the play-offs again and I'd be surprised if they took something from this game.

Bradford to Win @ 2.45 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

St Mirren v Hibernian.

It doesn't matter who's in goals for St Mirren, Hibs should be winning this.

Alex Gogic was a big miss in the last game against Aberdeen, he's back today to add some much needed steel in midfield. Scott Alan, who's been strangely out of sorts so far this season is out, replaced by new signing Jamie Murphy and Kevin Nisbit is back from injury after missing the last 2 games as Hibs revert back to 2 up front. That's 3 improvements to the team right there. 

After 6 games Hibs have still not conceded a goal from open play (2 penalties, 1 direct free kick so far), with St Mirren not exactly prolific in attack, 1 goal from Hibs could win this and we look strong in the forward areas today, I think we'll win comfortably.

Hibs @ 1.73 - 4pts.

Hibs -1 @ 2.90 - 0.5pt.