Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Racing Chat - Monday Sept 7th

image.png.b2ba5c327f311a521dcf9434d67e42ef.png
I dont get BOG with most firms unless my lad puts it on his account but as he's at work these are the best prices I'll get, regardless whether I wait till 10am or whatever time BOG kicks in.
Giacomo 30.95 @ 4.33
El Astronaute 22.35 @ 6
Dhabyah 46.70 @ 2.87
100pts staked
1 winner returns 134pts ish

1.00 Lingfield - 3pts win Power of States @ 11/2 Bet365

I think this horse wins today. Conditions are ideal, he's in form and this isn't the strongest of races. 1m2f is his trip having faded late on over 1m4f in decent races this year and you can draw a line through his run at Chester last time. Travelled well off the pace but had a wall of horses in front when the race developed turning in and then found traffic everywhere he went up the straight. Was eased down late on despite being full of running and shouldn't have the same difficulties finding a clear run at this venue. Looks primed to strike.

1.30 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Abound @ 11/1 Bet365

Interesting to see the market support for this one on handicap debut with the blinkers applied. Hasn't been up to much to date but ran in a couple of decent novice races that worked out quite well. Goes handicapping off a lowly mark and having failed to travel last time, the blinkers make sense to try and liven it up a bit today. Dam was a useful enough middle distance horse so conditions suit and given the nibble in the market, better seems to be expected today off a lowly mark.

1.50 Leicester - 1pt win House Deposit @ 6/1 Hills

Has been shaping as if ready to win again recently and although form has dipped the last twice I think there are excuses there - certainly over a mile where he's failed to convince on the stamina front and again couldn't quite go through with his effort at Redcar last time over 7f on soft. Although he handles cut in the ground, both his soft ground wins have come over 6f and the combination of 7f and deep conditions was probably just a touch too much for him there. The ground today is riding quicker and under similar conditions he's gone very close off this mark earlier on in the season so should be able to bounce back with a better run today.

2.40 Perth - 1pt win His Dream @ 8/1 PP

The first two in the market here have to prove they stay the trip and the third comes here quickly off the back of a shock win last week so I'm looking further afield and siding with chasing debutant His Dream who has plenty of form under similar conditions over hurdles and has a chance if jumping well here. Picked up a cut when disappointing last time but otherwise is fairly consistent and if not losing out at his fences, can go well.

3.30 Lingfield - 0.5pts e/w Lily Beach @ 33/1 Bet365

Certainly have to take a bit of a leap of faith with this one but you can totally put a line through her handicap debut over 1m2f on soft as she wouldn't stay that trip at all and for all her form in novice races isn't great, her mark reflects that and hasn't been totally devoid of promise. Was never going to threaten the prominent racers at Kempton three starts back and that race has worked out pretty well with the first 5 home comfortably rated in the 70s or above now. Lily Beach wasn't given a hard time and was still beaten less than 10 lengths all in. Again was down the field at Yarmouth but travelled well and ended up racing a bit of a solo out on the far rail which didn't seem to be the place to be, so can mark that up a bit too. This is weak and with 9 runners, I thought she was worth a chance with the tongue tie on and back to a more plausible race in a handicap.

3.50 Leicester - 1pt e/w Dusk Art @ 18/1 PP

Does have a bit to find on figures here but hasn't been disgraced on two 5f runs to date and can improve on its mark upped to 6f I think. The form of that debut race has worked out well when Dusk Art made some progress from last late on and again wasn't disgraced last time. That was on soft ground, however, so it might be that the return to a sounder surface helps too and the extra furlong in a weak race will help. Has a chance of making the frame at a big price I hope.

One Trixie today

3.20 Leic Sansevero 4/1
4.30 Win Spoof 4/1
4.55 Leic Bright Smart 5/2

£1 win Trixie = £4 v poss return of £147.50

Focussing on "lay" bets for September so not so much time for win bets

============================================================================================================

Only one winner today.  Sansevero ran an awful race and Bright Smart was not so smart after all finishing second.  A loss of £4.  The balance C/Fwd is £690.69 on the multiples (£800 Bank).  The singles balance remains the same at £299.40 (£400 Bank)

I was focussing on my "lay" betting criteria today.  I looked at the lower class races at Lingfield.  Had I laid my selections I would have had to endured two 4/1 and one 3/1 winner.  Not a good start .  Funny enough I am beginning to think that I need to concentrate more fully on the shorter priced favourites, even those in the higher grade races, and especially the ones where according to the sporting press seem to have the best chance of winning.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update
4 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

1.00 Lingfield - 3pts win Power of States @ 11/2 Bet365

I think this horse wins today. Conditions are ideal, he's in form and this isn't the strongest of races. 1m2f is his trip having faded late on over 1m4f in decent races this year and you can draw a line through his run at Chester last time. Travelled well off the pace but had a wall of horses in front when the race developed turning in and then found traffic everywhere he went up the straight. Was eased down late on despite being full of running and shouldn't have the same difficulties finding a clear run at this venue. Looks primed to strike.

1.30 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Abound @ 11/1 Bet365

Interesting to see the market support for this one on handicap debut with the blinkers applied. Hasn't been up to much to date but ran in a couple of decent novice races that worked out quite well. Goes handicapping off a lowly mark and having failed to travel last time, the blinkers make sense to try and liven it up a bit today. Dam was a useful enough middle distance horse so conditions suit and given the nibble in the market, better seems to be expected today off a lowly mark.

1.50 Leicester - 1pt win House Deposit @ 6/1 Hills

Has been shaping as if ready to win again recently and although form has dipped the last twice I think there are excuses there - certainly over a mile where he's failed to convince on the stamina front and again couldn't quite go through with his effort at Redcar last time over 7f on soft. Although he handles cut in the ground, both his soft ground wins have come over 6f and the combination of 7f and deep conditions was probably just a touch too much for him there. The ground today is riding quicker and under similar conditions he's gone very close off this mark earlier on in the season so should be able to bounce back with a better run today.

2.40 Perth - 1pt win His Dream @ 8/1 PP

The first two in the market here have to prove they stay the trip and the third comes here quickly off the back of a shock win last week so I'm looking further afield and siding with chasing debutant His Dream who has plenty of form under similar conditions over hurdles and has a chance if jumping well here. Picked up a cut when disappointing last time but otherwise is fairly consistent and if not losing out at his fences, can go well.

3.30 Lingfield - 0.5pts e/w Lily Beach @ 33/1 Bet365

Certainly have to take a bit of a leap of faith with this one but you can totally put a line through her handicap debut over 1m2f on soft as she wouldn't stay that trip at all and for all her form in novice races isn't great, her mark reflects that and hasn't been totally devoid of promise. Was never going to threaten the prominent racers at Kempton three starts back and that race has worked out pretty well with the first 5 home comfortably rated in the 70s or above now. Lily Beach wasn't given a hard time and was still beaten less than 10 lengths all in. Again was down the field at Yarmouth but travelled well and ended up racing a bit of a solo out on the far rail which didn't seem to be the place to be, so can mark that up a bit too. This is weak and with 9 runners, I thought she was worth a chance with the tongue tie on and back to a more plausible race in a handicap.

3.50 Leicester - 1pt e/w Dusk Art @ 18/1 PP

Does have a bit to find on figures here but hasn't been disgraced on two 5f runs to date and can improve on its mark upped to 6f I think. The form of that debut race has worked out well when Dusk Art made some progress from last late on and again wasn't disgraced last time. That was on soft ground, however, so it might be that the return to a sounder surface helps too and the extra furlong in a weak race will help. Has a chance of making the frame at a big price I hope.

Feeling a little hard done by with Power of States given a mountain to climb before coming home well, House Deposit chinned on the line and Dusk Art beaten 1/2l after a troubled passage but can't complain with His Dream going in.

Backing three at Windsor tonight but no time to write up!

5.00 - 1pt e/w Sixntwothrees @ 7/1 Bet365

6.00 - 2pts win East End Girl @ 11/2 Bet365

6.30 - 1pt e/w Sacred Belief @ 22/1 Bet365

Edited by Bathtime For Rupert
11 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

image.png.b2ba5c327f311a521dcf9434d67e42ef.png
I dont get BOG with most firms unless my lad puts it on his account but as he's at work these are the best prices I'll get, regardless whether I wait till 10am or whatever time BOG kicks in.
Giacomo 30.95 @ 4.33
El Astronaute 22.35 @ 6
Dhabyah 46.70 @ 2.87
100pts staked
1 winner returns 134pts ish

Giacomo 30.95 @ 4.33........Backed into 3/1 fav ......4th :eyes
El Astronaute 22.35 @ 6.....Backed into 4/1 ............4th :eyes
Dhabyah 46.70 @ 2.87........Backed into 10/11 fav....2nd by a SH :@

Bad day @ Blackrock :(

This is exactly why I prefer to let my Algo on Betfair do my betting for me (its better at it than me that's for sure :lol )
1 bet 1 winner, Id have made 100pts more profit today and not even had to waste my time looking at the ATR site this morning :(
image.png.7317d3325946ac4c477f9a19f9d13db0.png

Edited by Valiant Thor