** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday Sept 1st

11 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Ok people i have been searching round for ko cup rules and how to play for 30 mins and got nowhere seen lots of KO cup stuff but i must be missing something. tiz ok chaps i have found it/them.

Glad you have found them now and all you have to do is post up your 3 entries next Saturday.  A possible tip for you is to make sure that you include a couple of short priced favourites in your selections to get through to the next round.  I only say this because I know that many of your usual selections are normally at decent odds.  However, please do what you think is best.  The KO cup is fun to play anyway.

1.00 Ripon - 1pt e/w Orchid Rose @ 25/1 Bet365

With three places on offer here, I'll take an each-way chance on Orchid Rose who displayed great speed on debut at Doncaster before fading into 4th place that day. Was nibbled in the market at big odds for a yard who wouldn't have many 2yo winners and showed plenty of promise when pouring it on from the front to be four lengths clear a couple of furlongs out. Got tired late on but ought to come on for that and is well drawn at a track that should suit, with a good chance of bagging the rail from stall 7. Has a fair amount to find but could make the first three if backing up the promise of her debut effort.

1.45 Kempton - 1pt e/w Looktothelight @ 9/1 Bet365

This one has lots of in and out form but crucially returns to the all-weather where its best form has been and that's no surprise given his pedigree - very much bred to be best on artificial surfaces and shaped with promise on a couple of all-weather runs. Bled from the nose when well beaten at Lingfield so that can be ignored but was 2nd to a 90+ rated horse at Southwell the time before when ultimately having no chance at the weights and ran okay in a hot novice at Kempton previously. Conditions suit, dropped in the weights and been some market support already today. 

2.00 Ripon - 1pt win Delph Crescent @ 5/1 Bet365

Has been coming down the weights for some poor efforts but has had excuses and this represents an easier contest today. Can draw a line through his run at Catterick last time when setting a fierce gallop on soft ground over 1m4f, a trip that he doesn't stay anyway in my opinion so no shock that he weakened out of it that day and similarly prior to that. These conditions suit, the track should help too and he's off a decent mark. Reckon with a more conservative ride he can bounce back.

2.30 Ripon - 1pt e/w Frankelio @ 8/1 Bet365

Was well held in the end at Pontefract last time but the 10 length winner was clearly on a going day and this horse still ran creditably. Won at that track three starts back before not quite able to get involved here two starts back but that came in a substantially better race than this and he remains off a winnable mark. Soft ground no bother either and down in grade represents a decent each-way bet at 9/1.

2.45 Kempton - 1pt win Twentysharesofgrey @ 13/2 Hills

Been mildly progressive and was set a very difficult task on handicap debut where it paid to be on the front end here and this one was kept right out the back. Kept on well ultimately for a distant second but the race was totally against her and gets a better opportunity here with another run under its belt - ought to go close with conditions suitable.

3.00 Ripon - 2pts win Mustaqbal @ 4/1 Bet365

A lot to like about Michael Dods' runner here as he's in form, well handicapped and today gets his ideal conditions. The ground will be drying up but should still have enough cut in it to make this a test at the trip and that will play into the hands of Mustaqbal. Finished well the last twice including in a higher grade but the ground was too quick to be seen to best effect. The leaders will come back easier under these conditions and he should go very close.

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Glad you have found them now and all you have to do is post up your 3 entries next Saturday.  A possible tip for you is to make sure that you include a couple of short priced favourites in your selections to get through to the next round.  I only say this because I know that many of your usual selections are normally at decent odds.  However, please do what you think is best.  The KO cup is fun to play anyway.

Good advise is always welcome thanks. Where do i post them? also next Saturday meaning 5th sept?

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Good advise is always welcome thanks. Where do i post them? also next Saturday meaning 5th sept?

https://forum.punterslounge.com/forum/192-nap-of-the-day-competition/

If you bookmark this link and check it out on Saturday you should see something like Sir Puntalot KO cup 2pm deadline come up.  Posted by Graham (BillyHills).  It isn't there yet but will be there in good time for your entries.  Good luck

One late Trixie today

5.15 Ham Two Bob Cop 5/4
6.30 NAb Tequany 2/1
7.00 NAb JaytrackParkhomes 11/5

One £1.50 win Trixie = £6 v poss return of £67.73

Other bets:

5.15  NAb Polastri 50p win at 8/1

5.30 NAb I'm Here £1.50 win at 3/1
5.30 NAb Glanville guest 50p win at 7/2

6.00 NAb Captain Buck £2 win at 7/2

6.30 NAb Tequany £2 win at 2/1

7.00 Nab JaytrackParkhomes £1.50 win at 11/5
7.00 Nab Lord Brian 50p win at 20/1

= £6 multiples

= £8.50 on single

= £14.50 total stakes

============================================================================================

I got two in on my Trixie.  I hate feeble excuses like the one given for JaytrackParkhomes; the horse should not have been running and I feel for all the punters who backed it into 9/4 favouritism and didn't even get a run for their money.  Anyway the double paid £10.13 hence a £4.13 profit on the day .
The balance C/Fwd is now £708.69 (£800) Bank.

Only one singles winner for me today for £2 at 2/1.  Therefore £6 returned from £8.50 outlay = - £2.50 loss.  The balance c/fwd is £301.08 (£400 Bank)

Had I been backing each way with my singles I calculate that my loss on singles would have been -£3.53 = -£1.03 worse off today.

Looks like @Bathtime For Rupert followers would have been in surplus by 11.40 points by his ew suggestions v 7points had all been backed to win instead.  Hence early days to prove whether each way betting is a mugs game @MCLARKE excluded of course.

Five race meetings tomorrow and very little class action.  Be prepared for more unreliable horses such as JaytrackParkhomes in class 4 races

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

22 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

415 kemp 

Top breeze  224 +2 

Kondratiev wave  222 +2 

Very difficult race and kondratiev is a huge 33/1 !!!.....vastly overpriced I hope ...so lets play 

Top breeze 10pts win 8/1 betvic

Kondratiev wave 5pts ew 33/1 bet365 

Can you believe that kondratiev was backed into 4/1 fav ??...but couldn't do the business ..bummer 

47 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

https://forum.punterslounge.com/forum/192-nap-of-the-day-competition/

If you bookmark this link and check it out on Saturday you should see something like Sir Puntalot KO cup 2pm deadline come up.  Posted by Graham (BillyHills).  It isn't there yet but will be there in good time for your entries.  Good luck

thanks a lot