** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Aug 28th - 30th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1

Dijon have failed to win their last 10 away matches in Ligue 1.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Lyon’s last 12 home games in Ligue 1.
Dijon have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 23 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 28.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-08-2020-20506

Lyon vs Dijon

The new Ligue 1 season continues this weekend with Lyon kicking off their delayed campaign with a Friday night home fixture against Dijon in an 8pm BST kick-off at the Groupama Stadium. It's only been just over a week since the hosts saw their European dreams crushed but they need to pick themselves up and take the positive vibes from last season into this one.

Lyon are in a great place right now. Head coach Rudi Garcia has a wealth of talent at his disposal with the likes of Houssem Aouar, Moussa Dembele, and Memphis Depay all still with the club. It'll simply feel like the team is continuing on from last season's positive end. Domestic form might not have been as impressive for Lyon as their performances in Europe but they will be hoping to transfer their European displays onto their Ligue 1 matches. Lyon won 5 home league games last season with 4 of them being with a clean sheet.

Dijon started their campaign with a disappointing 1-0 defeat at home to Angers. The home form of the club was one of their saviours last season and if this is a sign of things to come then it could be a long and difficult campaign for Stephane Jobard's side this season. I'm not expecting them to get their first win of the season in this game either. It was 7 losses from their last 10 Ligue 1 games and they have failed to score in 7 of those matches. The club only managed to score 7 goals in 14 away league games last season. So to say they suffered from away day woes last season would be an understatement.

I think Lyon gained a whole new legion of neutral fans due to their heroic run in the Champions League last season (or should that say last week!). It would be a spectacular fall from grace if they were to enter this Ligue 1 campaign short of form after such an experience. I feel they have enough talent and Garcia has got them playing in a way that should see them do well this season beginning with a clean sheet win here.

Lyon to Win to Nil @ 1.87 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.32 with VBet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1 and Ligue 2

Montpellier have lost their last 4 away matches in Ligue 1.
Rennes have won 80% of their last 10 home matches in Ligue 1.
Montpellier have failed to score in their last 4 away matches in Ligue 1.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 90% of Troyes’s last 10 away games in Ligue 2.
AC Ajaccio have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 away matches in Ligue 2.
Guingamp have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Ligue 2.

You can find interesting 37 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 29.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-29-08-2020-20522/

Strasbourg vs Nice

Our second preview from Ligue 1 this weekend comes ahead of the 8pm BST kick-off on Saturday night from the Stade de la Meinau when mid-table battlers Strasbourg will host an ever-improving Nice. The odds being offered make this a risky one to call but the potential win makes me feel that taking a punt on it is worth the gamble. Can we make the right call?

Strasbourg finished in a respectable 10th place last season when the league season was suspended early. Head coach Thierry Laurey has not seen such consistency and resilience from his team this season though. The club are down in 18th after losing their opening game to top flight new boys Lorient by a 3-1 score-line. It was disappointing to say the least. It's now 4 league games without a win for Les Coureurs. There is space for optimism for Strasbourg with the club having only lost 1 of their last 5 league matches on home turf.

Nice looked much-improved under head coach Patrick Vieira last season with the team finishing in 5th and qualifying for the Europa League. Les Aiglons began this campaign with a gritty 2-1 win over newly promoted Lens. The hard-working ethic of the team came to the fore as they bounced back to win after going behind early on due to a penalty. It continued the club's fine league form with their record being extended to just 1 loss in their last 13 league matches. It's also now 5 away league games unbeaten for Vieira's side ahead of this clash.

This is a game I think will test the true progress of Nice. Strasbourg have made their home ground a difficult place to visit but this is a Nice team that knows how to get results on the road. Can they win? I wouldn't be surprised to see Nice come away with all 3 points but I'm going to have to bottle it slightly and back Nice for the draw no bet because I just have a gut feeling that the home side have the potential to sucker punch a point from this one.

Nice Draw No Bet @ 2.60 with 888Sport

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1

Nantes have failed to score in their last 3 matches in Ligue 1.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Nimes’s last 6 away games in Ligue 1.
Angers have won their last 4 matches in Ligue 1.
Bordeaux have drawn their last 3 matches in Ligue 1.
Nimes have lost 88% of their last 8 away matches in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 37 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 30.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-08-2020-20531/

Brest vs Marseille

The final match of the Ligue 1 action this weekend is coming up on Sunday evening with kick-off at 8pm BST when bottom-placed Brest host mid-table Marseille at the Stade Francis-Le Ble. Both teams will be keen to get a win to move themselves up the table but with the odds stacked heavily in favour of the away side is there any chance of a home win upset?

Brest may only be one league game into the new season but their fans will already feel uncomfortable with the fact that their side are rock bottom of the top flight of French football. Former Dijon manager Olivier Dall'Oglio saw his side lose 4-0 to Nimes away on the opening weekend of the new campaign. That defeat made it three league losses in a row for the team without a single goal being scored in any of those matches. Home form last season was inconsistent at best so the players will be hoping they can start on a more positive note at home here.

Marseille finished 2nd last season and head coach Andre Villas-Boas will lead his team into their first league game of the season here after last weekend's game was postponed. Les Phoceens are undefeated on the road in the league since October 2019. It's one of the more impressive away records in European football. 6 wins from their last 9 league matches away from home is a solid return. Their business-like performances on their travels are epitomised by the fact that 3 of their last 8 away games have ended in a 2-0 victory.

I have to say that it's hard to look past an away win for Marseille here. I understand why they are backed so favourably but I still feel the odds are worth taking. Brest could be facing a difficult season this year. They were probably fortunate that the Ligue 1 season was suspended early because the final few months might have provided some twitchy bum time moments. I'm fully expecting Marseille to once again battle at the top end of the table and start their campaign with a win in this one.

Marseille to Win @ 2.02 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Betfair