** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday Aug 26th

Today's two year olds

1.00 Muss - Bulls Aye 13/8
4.15 Bellew - A Case of You 3/1
4.45 Bellew - Provocateuse 9/2
5.15 Bellew - The Blue Panther 7/4
6.00 Ling - Sixtwothrees 9/2
7.00 Ling - Uncle Dick 7/2

some possible EW shots

1.00 Muss - H Bomb 16/1
2.30 Muss - Jacattack 14/1 ( but only 7 runners, 2 places)

prices bet365

200 Musselburgh - Bibbidibobbidiboo 2/1 bet victor

Was staying on at Catterick over today's distance on soft 9 days ago finishing 2nd beaten 0.75L , is a previous CD winner , getting good weight off the field & 1st time cheekpieces should get this one across the finishing line 1st ? .

Glad I'm not the commentator calling it , weird name ?

13 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Was staying on at Catterick over today's distance on soft 9 days ago finishing 2nd beaten 0.75L , is a previous CD winner , getting good weight off the field & 1st time cheekpieces should get this one across the finishing line 1st ? .

1.00 Musselburgh - 0.5pts e/w H Bomb @ 18/1 Bet365

You have to totally forgive his debut effort when a distant last throughout but there's reason to do so given he was extremely slowly away and outpaced throughout over 5f there, looking green as grass and ensure of his job. He's with a good yard in Karl Burke and should know his job better today. Has gone up a couple of furlongs too which can suit - his dam was a useful miler and Pearl Secret relished deep ground so there's enough there today to give him a chance of stepping up on that debut effort and hopefully make more of an impact at a big price in a weak race.

2.00 Musselburgh - 1pt win Gweedore @ 9/1 Bet365

Has run well on each start this season, shaping as if a win wouldn't be too far away and conditions should suit here. Was a bit keen over a mile first time out but only beaten two lengths before finding himself running into a very well handicapped horse who won his next handicap by 10 lengths so no issue with his second placed effort that day. Faded into 4th at Ayr next time having led but the first three were all held up and the horse in 5th (the other one to race on the pace) bolted up next time out so perhaps just went a bit hard there. Gweedore looked like a huge threat at Hamilton last time out before fading to not be beaten far on soft ground over 1m1f and gets similar conditions today, albeit back down to 7f which can suit. Likely to get out and race handy throughout and can take some pegging back.

3.00 Musselburgh - 0.5pts e/w Garnock Valley @ 25/1 Bet365

Bit of a long shot but there is some justification in thinking that Garnock Valley could run a bit better today at a big price. Was 2nd here in a handicap off a mark of 56 last season but was subsequently stepped up to a mile and 7f on his first two starts of this season. Was largely outpaced back over 5f at Hamilton two starts back but came home fairly (finished ahead of Northern Society who is 13/2 in this race today). Was poor last time over 6f at Ayr but was slowly away and raced awkwardly throughout. I think 5f is probably her best trip but she can get outpaced over it so I think the soft ground can help. She's got form in it previously and has an action to suggest a bit of dig can play to her strengths. If she doesn't get too far back today she could just outrun her chunky price.

3.30 Musselburgh - 1pt win Show Palace @ 6/1 Bet365

Ran a good race at a big price when putting him up last time and that was his best run of the season to date. Can take a little while to get going after a break and a lot of his wins have come at the back end of the season. Remains well handicapped and if anything, this track will suit better than Hamilton as most of his best form has come over sharp 5f on soft ground. That's exactly what he gets today, he's got a decent draw close to the rail and the visor has been applied today to hopefully keep his mind on the job. Should go well from a prominent sit.

3.55 Lingfield - 1pt win Angels Roc @ 7/1 Bet365

Was an eyecatcher behind an impressive Godolphin sort last time out, having no run at the rear of the field when the race developed and only got out late in the day when keeping on to be a well held 5th in the end but there has been promise in novice runs against some useful rivals and can improve again for handicap debut here. Has an action that suggests soft ground ought to be okay and is off a lowly mark for its first run in this company so with more luck in the run can get involved at the death. 

No multiples today.

Looked at Treaty Of Dingle 2.55 Lin, Iballisticvin 3.25 Lin, Prefontaine 5.30 Ling and Night Moment 6.00 Lin (appears best of all selections but some interesting newcomers could beat it, so best to leave multiples for the day)

May come back with some win/ew bets later.  Kevin Stott has three rides at Muss, funny enough don't like the look of his favourite ride in the 3.00 but I have of course been wrong before.

1 hour ago, calva decoy said:

as a Disney fan, after saying the horse name, you just naturally sing the next part.????

Here's hoping the second lot of proposed fixtures where spectators are allowed to enjoy the sport they love goes ahead September 9th-12th with St.Leger meeting ?

Racing without spectators isn't as bad as Football , Cricket , Rugby etc but on the plus side if & when we get back to normal I can cash in some of my rewards4racing points for a few 'free' days out ?

4 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Bing Bong hope you were on?

I did Bing with Three Castles but bombed with Militia which beat my Kevin Stott ride ( a very talented jockey who will go far).  But great tipping by yourself none the less.

Four race meetings in the UK tomorrow and will be able to concentrate on mainly class 3 and 2 races' though the class 5 & 6's had their fair share of favourite winners today?