** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Aug 23rd

uclodds.jpg

The 2019/20 Champions League Final is scheduled to take place this Sunday evening at 8pm BST when PSG face Bayern Munich. It's a clash of two of the richest clubs in Europe right now and with both teams easing into the Final who will prevail as the champions of Europe? Give us your predictions down below! :ok

PSG vs Bayern Munich

The showpiece match of 2019/20 season takes place on Sunday night at 8pm BST when French Ligue 1 champions PSG take on German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in a highly-anticipated clash between two of the richest clubs in European football at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon. Who will be crowned the champions of Europe at the end of this pulsating game?

PSG could be on the brink of a season to remember. Their Ligue 1 title win might have seemed cheap given the suspension of the domestic league but there's been no denying their electrifying form in the Champions League. A 3-2 aggregate win over Borussia Dortmund in the last 16 was followed up by a dramatic late 2-1 victory over Atalanta in the Quarter-Finals. The Semi-Final was never in doubt with a 3-0 win to see Thomas Tuchel's men cruise into the Final. The French champions have averaged 2.5 goals per game in this season's competition and have now managed to score in 34 consecutive matches in the Champions League. However, history sends a grim warning for the Parisians. This is the club's first ever Champions League/ European Cup Final and the last six teams that have played in their first Final have all come out on the losing side.

Bayern Munich come into this game arguably as the slight favourites. Hans-Dieter Flick's men have been in irresistible form as of late. A 7-1 win on aggregate against Chelsea in the last 16 was followed by an astonishing 8-2 victory over Barcelona. The Semi-Final saw them ease past Lyon by a 3-0 score-line. It's now 20 competitive matches won in a row for the German champions. They have also kept a 100% winning record in the Champions League this season and have scored 3 goals in 50% of those matches. If they win this trophy then they move level with Liverpool on six trophy wins with only Real Madrid (13) and AC Milan (7) boasting a better record.

These two sides have met 8 times previously and it's actually PSG who hold the better record with 5 wins compared to Bayern Munich's 3 victories. There have been no draws between the two teams down the years. It's hard to argue against these two being the teams contesting the Final. I think we will see goals aplenty tonight but who will be more clinical in front of goal? It could go either way but I'm going to have to back Bayern Munich to seal a win in what could be a classic finale to what has been an extraordinary season.

Bayern Munich to Win @ 2.05 with Gentingbet

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 1.91 with Boylesports

Paris SG v Bayern München

Venue: Estadio da Luz

Time: 21:00

It’s completely unnecessary to make a presentation of those two teams as all the cards are practically on the table from both sides, therefore I will try to go deeper with thoughts on the betting perspective.

PSG vs Bayern Munich: Champions League final: how and where to ...

“Questions”

There are some questions over this match, but the key question is probably which team will start the game less cautious. With the importance of the match, I can not even imagine both teams starting as offensive as they are used too, but Hans-Dieter Flick, the coach of Bayern said in the press conference that they won’t change anything and will keep the high pressure from the first minute on. If they really keep the high pressure they definitely will have problems with PSG on a transition. Another question is also will Veratti start the match? If yes, PSG will have a strong figure in their midfield which will help a lot regarding the high pressure of Bayern and that changes plenty of things. Another question is how fit is Marco Verratti. Can he holds the high tempo for the whole match? So, while there are no bigger questions over the lineup of Bayern München, there are few for PSG. Besides Verratti, the unknown is also the position of the goalkeeper as Navas is 50/50. His experiences and qualities are unquestionable. There are plenty more questions

“Betting perspective”

I value experiences very highly in this competition, and therefore the favorite should be the German club. At the same time, that’s exactly what bookmakers are showing to us – 1,57 for Bayern to lift the trophy. I agree that they have an extremely solid season, that they destroyed Barcelona on the way to finals, but this will be a completely different match and if anything, I’d say that as usual, odds are forcing the favorite and I can not see any value on odds under 1,8 on Bayern to lift the trophy. Therefore, the value for me is on the other side: PSG +0,5 at 1,90 with Pinnacle, which covers also the possibility of extra-time.

Except that, with the offensive potential of both sides, we have to look at the option both to score & over 2,5 goals, but as it’s priced 1,526 I can not recommend it too much, even though I believe it will happen, I simply dislike those odds.

Interesting is to take a look at the line for cards. The referee will be Daniele Orsato, 44 years old highly rated referee from Italy, who regardless of the fact that he has shown more than 5 yellow cards only twice in last 10 matches, is the referee who doesn’t tolerate appeals and “trash talks” from players and we have plenty of strong personalities in this match, so I am not surprised to see the line at 5 cards and I suggest over 5 cards at 1,813 with Pinnacle (in case of exactly 5 cards, this bet will be voided). Another reason for the bet is the fact that both teams are capable of attacking very direct, very quick, with plenty of very pacy and skillful individuals. It’s happening often that those players are stopped with fouls.

The main suggestion is to wait and see the lineups. I will post final suggestions on twitter as soon as the lineups will be known.

51 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

I fancy Bayern but think psg will get a couple of goals and have bought paredes assist minutes at 8 as I feel he is the best psg midfield passer and can put in neymar.

Hopefully neymar is more clinical than recently (with spreadex)

Good luck, didn’t have time to post but got a few assist bets myself. Bought Lewandowski’s assist mins at 8 and backed Neymar 7/2, Mbappe 9/2 and Gnabry 4/1 for anytime assist.