** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SPL Predictions > Aug 20th - 23rd

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen

The Scottish Premiership weekend begins early this week with St Johnstone hosting Aberdeen in a 7:30pm BST kick-off on Thursday at McDiarmid Park. This is one of the visitor's catch-up games after they were forced to suspend their games for a couple of weeks when a number of players broke lockdown rules and a couple of players tested positive for covid-19 for doing so. Numpties.

St Johnstone have had a solid start to their campaign. Callum Davidson had a tough act to follow as he succeeded Tommy Wright but it's been par for the course so far. The club is in 7th place with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 defeat up until now. That one loss is the only defeat the club has suffered since February. It is also just 1 loss in their last 9 home matches. There is a quiet sense of optimism floating around the Saints fan forums regarding this game but with another crunch clash against Hibernian on Sunday you have to wonder if the team have what it takes to get a result from both games.

Aberdeen haven't played since the opening weekend of the season and that's certain to have some negative effects with players unlikely to be match fit. Derek McInnes knows he'll come into this game with a number of players unavailable reportedly including Sam Cosgrove, Bruce Anderson, Curtis Main, Ryan Edmondson, Andrew Considine, Scott McKenna, and Michael Devlin. Those are some big absentees in attack and defence for the Dons. By all accounts, McInnes will set up his team to get a point and look to smash and grab a win.

The away side have only won 1 of their last 6 matches between these two sides. St Johnstone come into this game with their own fragile issues at the back but surely they have to fancy their chances at home against an Aberdeen team that haven't played a competitive game in a couple of weeks and have a long injury list. It'll take all of McInnes's managerial wizardry to get his team the win here and I think the lack of attacking threat for the visitors will see the home side sneak a win.

St Johnstone Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.63 with Betfair

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen

The Scottish Premiership weekend begins early this week with St Johnstone hosting Aberdeen in a 7:30pm BST kick-off on Thursday at McDiarmid Park. This is one of the visitor's catch-up games after they were forced to suspend their games for a couple of weeks when a number of players broke lockdown rules and a couple of players tested positive for covid-19 for doing so. Numpties.

St Johnstone have had a solid start to their campaign. Callum Davidson had a tough act to follow as he succeeded Tommy Wright but it's been par for the course so far. The club is in 7th place with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 defeat up until now. That one loss is the only defeat the club has suffered since February. It is also just 1 loss in their last 9 home matches. There is a quiet sense of optimism floating around the Saints fan forums regarding this game but with another crunch clash against Hibernian on Sunday you have to wonder if the team have what it takes to get a result from both games.

Aberdeen haven't played since the opening weekend of the season and that's certain to have some negative effects with players unlikely to be match fit. Derek McInnes knows he'll come into this game with a number of players unavailable reportedly including Sam Cosgrove, Bruce Anderson, Curtis Main, Ryan Edmondson, Andrew Considine, Scott McKenna, and Michael Devlin. Those are some big absentees in attack and defence for the Dons. By all accounts, McInnes will set up his team to get a point and look to smash and grab a win.

The away side have only won 1 of their last 6 matches between these two sides. St Johnstone come into this game with their own fragile issues at the back but surely they have to fancy their chances at home against an Aberdeen team that haven't played a competitive game in a couple of weeks and have a long injury list. It'll take all of McInnes's managerial wizardry to get his team the win here and I think the lack of attacking threat for the visitors will see the home side sneak a win.

St Johnstone Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.63 with Betfair

This has 0-0 draw written all over it.

Aberdeen are a horrible team at the best of times, fouling and spoiling their way through games every week but when they're missing their main goal threats and toiling for match sharpness then you can bet that this'll be even worse than normal.

I don't think St Johnstone are up to much either so I can't back them, they're a pretty physical side as well so this could be a game for lots of fouls I think, it certainly won't be game for anyone wanting to see a game of football.

My prediction - 2 teams kicking the crap out of each other in the middle of the park, zero excitement.

My bet - Under 1.5 goals is a great shout @StevieDay1983 but I've went for Red Card @ 5.50.

Edited by allyhibs

18 hours ago, allyhibs said:

This has 0-0 draw written all over it.

Aberdeen are a horrible team at the best of times, fouling and spoiling their way through games every week but when they're missing their main goal threats and toiling for match sharpness then you can bet that this'll be even worse than normal.

I don't think St Johnstone are up to much either so I can't back them, they're a pretty physical side as well so this could be a game for lots of fouls I think, it certainly won't be game for anyone wanting to see a game of football.

My prediction - 2 teams kicking the crap out of each other in the middle of the park, zero excitement.

My bet - Under 1.5 goals is a great shout @StevieDay1983 but I've went for Red Card @ 5.50.

It was certainly a game that should have ended 0-0 given the way it went. Shocked that Aberdeen managed to sneak the win. St Johnstone paying for their impotence in front of goal. I'm just glad the under 1.5 goals call came in! :lol

How are you feeling about Hibs this weekend mate?

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

It was certainly a game that should have ended 0-0 given the way it went. Shocked that Aberdeen managed to sneak the win. St Johnstone paying for their impotence in front of goal. I'm just glad the under 1.5 goals call came in! :lol

How are you feeling about Hibs this weekend mate?

I was a bit daft with the red card bet, thought i'd take a punt on the higher odds, Under 1.5 goals was the obvious bet to go for :wall. Typical Aberdeen performance, spoil and foul your way through 90 minutes and somehow grab an undeserved winner. 

I'll be disappointed if Hibs don't win on Sunday Steve, we're a better side than St Johnstone.

Edited by allyhibs

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Celtic are undefeated in their last 12 matches in Premiership.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in St. Mirren’s last 6 home games in Premiership.
Rangers have won 86% of their last 14 home matches in Premiership.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 85% of Kilmarnock’s last 13 games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 46 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 22.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-08-2020-20456

Motherwell v Hamilton.

I was impressed with Motherwell last week against Hibs, they're a very well organised, tough side who'll dominate midfield against most teams in this league, their 2 midfielders, Turnbull and Campbell are 2 cracking young players who look like future stars, especially Turnbull.

This looks like a straightforward home win to me against a Hamilton side who are already starting to look like the leagues whipping boys.

Motherwell HT/ FT @ 2.30 - 2pts.