** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 17 - August 23

Marco Trungelliti to beat Juan Pablo Ficovich at 1.66 with Pinnacle

Jiri Lehecka to beat Blaz Rola at 2.00 with Pinnacle

Trungelliti and Lehecka have been keeping themselves busy during the break and both have shown more promise than their opponents before that as well, so I like the odds. Rola has been on a downward curve for a while now, while Ficovich has been doing nothing in recent times no matter how you look at it. Of course, Trungelliti is no world beater, but he's on a roll and he's played tennis, so there's that. Meanwhile, Lehecka is a legitimate talent that has the potential for the top 100 and well beyond.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, CzechPunter said:

Marco Trungelliti to beat Juan Pablo Ficovich at 1.66 with Pinnacle

Jiri Lehecka to beat Blaz Rola at 2.00 with Pinnacle

Trungelliti and Lehecka have been keeping themselves busy during the break and both have shown more promise than their opponents before that as well, so I like the odds. Rola has been on a downward curve for a while now, while Ficovich has been doing nothing in recent times no matter how you look at it. Of course, Trungelliti is no world beater, but he's on a roll and he's played tennis, so there's that. Meanwhile, Lehecka is a legitimate talent that has the potential for the top 100 and well beyond.

I took Lehecka and Trugelliti in a 5 fold accumulator 2 days ago. I never knew Trugelliti will be carried over or I would never have included it. I never win carry-over matches. My offer has seriously reduced overnight with Trungelliti going very weak in the market. I am still deciding what to do as I have already lost a sizeable chunk of the original offer. Experience tells me that something is wrong. He is either going to go out there to lose or withdraw.

Any thoughts as to a bet on Klizan to beat Elias Ymer later? Even money. I'm thinking of going quite big... Just feels like Klizan will be fresh and motivated after months away, and will have too much for Ymer... But what fo y'all think? 

Hi and welcome to the forum @Jbcoys! I never like Klizan without match practice, you just never know about his motivation. You'd assume that it's high, but he's had chances to play in exhos and didn't, so make out of that what you want. Ymer will smash him if Klizan shows lapses in concentration and determination.

Jiri Lehecka to beat Sumit Nagal at 1.74 with Pinnacle

Going with Lehecka again. He showed a good comeback in the second set against Rola and was the better player throughout. Nagal went through without showing anything, as Clarke was hurt and had to retire. Nagal has a chance, of course, but Lehecka is a real talent with a lot of potential and is doing great in home conditions. I'd say that he's a 1.57 shot.

2 hours ago, Jbcoys said:

Any thoughts as to a bet on Klizan to beat Elias Ymer later? Even money. I'm thinking of going quite big... Just feels like Klizan will be fresh and motivated after months away, and will have too much for Ymer... But what fo y'all think? 

The odds on the match have been quite stable, even more so for Ymer who has not wavered. Ymer is the one with the form going into the match and I cannot see any reason why you will go with Klizan even to the extent of thinking big. If some unknown force is not just calling on you for contributions then there are safer games out there to get involved in. Most betting websites provide different extended betting markets for tennis. I use what i consider the best two (Paddy & 365) to ensure that I can always take the right kind of bet depending on the situation. Currently Paddy Power is the most flexible on tennis so you can almost customize your bet the way you want it. For example if you really love Klizan and intend to play big, you can take him to either win a set at 4/11 or even give him whatever handicap you like. Those who know their tennis well, can adjust the various matchbets to suit them. I took Ymer to win a set @2/7 which i included in a 4 accumulator huge stake. Remember the aim of the game is to first protect your investment before thinking about profits. Good luck.

Roberto Carballes Baena to beat Bernabe Zapata Miralles at 1.53 with Bet365

I'll give this week one more chance I guess, but things were much better in the WTA part over the last two weeks! In any case, Baena is 2-0 up in the H2H record and he's shown better performances so far from what I've been able to gather as well. He's a top 100 player on a good day, while his opponent really isn't and I think that never will be either.

Going to try a few at ATP Cincinnati, hard to guage much form but a few stand out on value.

Seppi to bt Soonwoo kwon at 2.25 with Betfair

Going for experience in what is probably a 50/50 match up, depending on how each

Kukushkin to bt Norrie at 3 with 888 sport

Think this is also badly priced, Norrie is probably slight favourite but Kukushkin definitely has the ability to beat him and Norrie can be inconsistant, worth a play at these odds.

Chardy to bt Russ at 2.25 with 888 sport

Admittedly I haven't seen any of Chardy's recent matches but I haven't been that impressed with Ruusuvuori and Chardy has all the weapons to hold serve and break Emils.

Lastly

Gerasimov to bt JJ Wolf at 2 with Betfair

JJ is talented youngster but I'm going to side with the experience again, I think Gerasimov should hold serve well and can cause issues. Mostly I think he'll have the better mentality to approach this tournament than JJ Wolf. So i'm siding with experience again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vrbensky get something against Wawrinka today, but I'm really worried about his fitness, looked tired at the end against Ymer. He also has no experience, so he might crumble just from seeing Wawrinka on the other side of the net. His level was really good against Ymer though.

Edit: Ah, sorry for the late post, the match has already started.

Ons Jabeur to beat Annie Leylah Fernandez at 1.79 with Pinnacle

Fancy Jabeur to get the job done here. Fernandez's stock has gone up after her win over Stephens, but winning against Stephens is nothing special nowadays, as the American has really gone down. Jabeur has been doing well herself and she's been on the up in this season, losing only to elite players mostly. I'd have her at 1.60 her, not at 1.79.

Mackenzie McDonald to beat Marcos Giron at 1.92 with Pinnacle

McDonald has the higher ceiling imo, that's one thing. Another thing is that Giron should be a good match-up for him, as Giron is vulnerable against players that can return a lot of balls back and make him play that one extra shot. He's doing well against big hitters, but McDonald is more Ferrer-like.

Just a couple of notes from my side:
- The surface seems extremely fast and it will be faster as the tournament progresses, the bounce of the ball is low, which the tournament in Lexington has already indicated, and it fits into the trend.
- it was a very warm and steamy late summer day in NYC
- the corona rules work,there were almost no problems 
- Krajinovic struggled a lot against Caruso,if he continues with such a game,Thiem will destroy him in next round