** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Predictions > Aug 16th & 17th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Europa League

Sevilla have kept a clean sheet in 70% of their last 10 matches in Europa League.
Man Utd are undefeated in their last 6 matches in Europa League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Sevilla’s last 6 games in Europa League.
Sevilla are undefeated in 93% of their last 15 matches in Europa League.

You can find interesting 35 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 16.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-08-2020-20352

First thoughts on tonight's game are it's perfectly propitious for the prospect of penalties! :eek

I've bought penalty goal minutes at 15 with SX and had, effectively, a saver on penalty taken at 2/1 (Hills or 365). I've also had the small stake allowed on each team scoring a penalty (8/1 Sevilla and 7/1 United with 365). The spread price makes most appeal, I was hoping for better than 2/1 for a pen taken but it's still ok to cover my stake in the event of a missed or saved pen.

I've done similar in the Almeria v Girona game, pen goal mins at 15 with SPIN and pen taken at 2/1 Hills. If anything, it's a stronger selection in that game.

Cards wise I've ended up favouring 4-6 cards shown at 21/20 and a red card shown at 10/3, both with Hills. Brych isn't an extreme high or low referee so quotes around the 50 point mark look reasonable. Such games tend to land in the 4-6 card bracket (slightly) more often than not so odds against for that to happen is never a terrible bet. It hasn't happened in any of his 5 CL games this season but has in 12 out of the 21 over the last 4 seasons. Only 7 of those games went over 50 points, making prices in the region of 5/4 not that appealing, But, all 7 of those games involved a red card being shown, making that standout 10/3 seem a decent bet. (Slightly lower on BF seems to be the next best option.)

Sevilla vs Manchester United

The first match of the Europa League Semi-Finals is coming at us tonight at 8pm BST when La Liga club Sevilla take on Premier League side Manchester United at the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne. It's a simple case of the winning side from this tie booking their place in the Final against the winner of the other Semi-Final between Inter Milan and Shakhtar Donetsk.

Sevilla have almost become the club of the Europa League over the past 10 years. Head coach Julen Lopetegui has done a fantastic job since he took over guaranteeing the team their spot in next season's Champions League and guiding them to a Europa League Semi-Final spot. It's now 7 clean sheets from their last 8 competitive matches as the defensive strength of their game is really coming to the fore. There have also been less than 2.5 goals scored in 6 of their last 7 matches. Sevilla themselves have scored two goals or less in 16 of their last 18 matches. It's far from beautiful but it's effective. This will be the fourth time Sevilla have reached the last four of this competition having gone on to lift the trophy on all three previous occasions.

Manchester United witnessed their city rivals Manchester City crash out of the Champions League against Lyon last night. Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will want to do everything to avoid a repeat humiliation for his team tonight. The Red Devils might have already sealed a spot in next season's Champions League but a trophy will never go unwanted at Old Trafford. Unfortunately, form isn't superb at the moment with the team only winning 4 of their last 7 matches. They have somehow won 21 penalties this season, including their extra-time winner from the spot by Bruno Fernandes against FC Copenhagen in the last round, but surely they can't rely on that here? The encouraging news is that United have progressed from all four of their previous Semi-Finals in major European competition and have gone on to win the competition twice.

It was Sevilla that unceremoniously knocked Manchester United out of the Champions League back in 2017/2018. There were certainly players in the United squad that day that will want revenge. The bottom line here is that I think Sevilla might well have the weaker playing squad but they certainly have the more competent man at the helm. Lopetegui is showing his real class in recent months and it's going to take a hell of a United attacking display to break this Sevilla side down. I think it's a simple case of the Sevilla defence winning this game for them.

Sevilla to Win @ 3.20 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.79 with SMarkets

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Europa League

Shakhtar have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches in Europa League.
Inter have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in Europa League.
Shakhtar are undefeated in their last 5 matches in Europa League.
Inter have won their last 4 matches in Europa League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Shakhtar’s last 7 games in Europa League.

You can find interesting 18 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 17.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-08-2020-20369

Inter Milan vs Shakhtar Donetsk

The second Semi-Final in the Europa League this week comes from the Merkur Spiel-Arena in Dusseldorf at 8pm BST when Serie A runners up Inter Milan play Ukrainian Premier League champions Shakhtar Donetsk. Sevilla await the winners of this tie after their comeback 2-1 win against Manchester United last night. Who will prevail from this last four clash?

Inter Milan are showing real potential as a major European force again under Antonio Conte. I Nerazzurri have won their last 5 competitive matches and their last 4 matches in the Europa League. The team has shown their attacking strength by scoring twice or more in each of those matches whilst only conceding once. This is the 8th time Inter have reached the Europa League Semi-Finals but it is the first major European Semi-Final they have played in since 2009/10 when they won the Champions League. An interesting statistic is that in the last round, Romelu Lukaku became the first player to score in 9 consecutive matches in the Europa League. It's a run that goes way back to November 2014 when he was playing in the same competition with Everton.

Shakhtar Donetsk are a team that stand on the brink of history. The Ukrainian side waltzed to the domestic league title this season but could win their first European trophy since they lifted the 2008/09 UEFA Cup. Head coach Luis Castro knows his team will need to be at their best to deliver a victory. The Ukrainians have scored 14 goals in their 5 Europa League matches since dropping down from the Champions League. It is evidence that this could be a Shakhtar side that can breach this once again resolute Inter back-line in this game.

These two sides have only met twice before and it came in the 2005/06 Champions League when Inter Milan won 3-1 over two legs. It's going to be a fascinating match-up between the two teams but I feel Inter will be a force to stop. Lukaku is in the form of his life in this competition and as dangerous as the Shakhtar attack has been against the likes of Benfica, Wolfsburg, and Basel, I can't see them giving the Inter defence quite the same run around.

Inter Milan to Win @ 1.69 with Novibet

Anytime Scorer: Romelu Lukaku @ 2.10 with SportPesa

"Working late" on tonight's game!

It's an obvious penalty play (Marciniak in charge who had the A Madrid game the other day) but that's largely reflected in the prices. I've bought pen goal mins at 20 with SX and taken what I could get on the 9/2 and 9/1 offered by 365 for each team scoring a pen.

I'd be on an overs card line if I'd found an appealing price but will stick with 4-6 cards at 11/10 Hills.

Patrick catches my eye for a goal or a card. 7.8 anytime goal on BF and bought his card mins at 17 with SPIN.

No doubt Lukaku scores but not quite big enough at evens for me to pull the trigger.

can anyone explain at the 47th min the inter player did a handball, as clear as water, as white as snow, in many other games i watched exactly the same action is immediately penalty, they even played the replay on tv cuz the handball was so obvious, and the ref didnt even check the VAR, how is it possible?

the UEFA for sure sure sure doesnt want Shakhtar to go through to the final because nobody knows them so it would be bad for tv ratings and the sponsors, the handball was so obvious for sure they gave the ref some directions before the game to help Inter, especially with the champions league semis already having Lyon and Leipzig both small unknown teams on the world stage which is bad for their business compared to having Man U Man City Real Chelsea Barca Juve

anyone can check at the 47th min, no VAR is just ridiculously dishonest from the UEFA.