** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Predictions > Aug 10th & 11th

uelodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the Quarter-Finals of the Europa League. These four fixtures are one-off matches taking place around Germany. There's not enough information around to post up the ELO ratings so we just need to take these matches at face value. I'll get previews up over the next couple of days. Give us any bets you have in mind for these games down below! :ok

wolves v sevilla

jules kounde could have scored 3 goals v roma as he hit the bar with a header, had a goal disallowed for a marginal offside and had another effort blocked on the line.

He is not usually prolific and wolves defence is unlikely to be as porous as roma's was. He probably offers value though in goalscorer markets: first and last =50/1 and anytime 20/1

with skybet.

Manchester United vs FC Copenhagen

OK, it's been a rush with child care but I'm just about managing to find time to get a couple of previews up for tonight's 8pm BST kick-offs. The first of those is the match between Premier League side Manchester United and Danish Superliga team FC Copenhagen at the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne. Which of these two sides will progress from this one-off encounter to the Semi-Finals?

Manchester United made light work of Austrian side LASK in the previous round winning 7-1 on aggregate. The Red Devils know Champions League football is guaranteed for next season due to their top four finish in their domestic league but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would love nothing more than to win a trophy early in his tenure with the club he won so many trophies for as a player. This is only the second time since Sir Alex Ferguson departed in 2013 that United are looking to reach a major European Semi-Final. The only previous time being under Jose Mourinho when they won the Europa League back in 2016/17. United will come into this brimming with confidence having kept 7 clean sheets in their last 10 Europa League matches and having scored 24 goals in their last 9 league games of the season.

FC Copenhagen shocked the world when they navigated their way past Turkish Super Lig Istanbul Basaksehir in the last 16 with a 3-1 win over two legs. Stale Solbakken leads his team into this game with history against them. It's only 1 win from their last 10 matches against English opposition in European competition. Interestingly, that solitary victory was over Manchester United back in November 2006. The Danish side have failed to even score in their last 4 meetings with English clubs. This is their first ever appearance in a European competition Quarter-Final and they're the first Danish side to reach that stage since Brondby back in the 1996/97 UEFA Cup.

I am struggling to see beyond a convincing Manchester United win in this one. FC Copenhagen have done very well to reach this stage of the competition but they're up against a Red Devils side that are really playing with self belief right now. I can see a clean sheet victory coming with United scoring 2-3 goals if they hit the ground running. I hope I'm not being naive in writing off the Danes but it's a big ask for them to get something from this game.

Manchester United to Win to Nil @ 1.80 with SpreadEx

Manchester United HT/FT @ 1.80 with Novibet

Inter Milan vs Bayer Leverkusen

The second preview for tonight's two matches in the Europa League Quarter-Finals is the 8pm BST clash between Serie A club Inter Milan and Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen at the Merkur Spiel-Arena in Dusseldorf. It's an one-off game with a place in the Semi-Finals at stake. These are extraordinary times and it's testing for us punters so can we predict the correct outcome?

Inter Milan will still be kicking themselves for failing to take advantage of the late Juventus collapse that saw them miss out on the Serie A title by just a single point. Antonio Conte has sealed a Champions League spot for his team next season but he'll want a trophy that many feel they have every chance of winning. The Nerazzuri has won 4 games in a row with a clean sheet. It's also 6 clean sheets in their last 7 games with at least two goals scored in 8 of their previous 9 competitive matches. Their fans will be aware that it's just 1 win in their last 8 meetings with German clubs in European competition. However, their striker Romelo Lukaku has scored 11 goals in his last 8 matches in the Europa League.

Bayer Leverkusen arguably have home advantage even though it's a different city but can they make it count? Head coach Peter Bosz saw his team ease past Scottish side Rangers by a 4-1 win on aggregate but this is another step up in quality of opposition. Bayer did lose 4 of their 6 group stage games though so they are prone to losing in this competition. This is the first time the club has reached a major European Quarter-Final since their 2007/08 UEFA Cup run. They have not reached the Semi-Final stage since their run to the 2001/02 Champions League Final.

These two sides have only met two times previously when they were in the same group back in the 2002/03 Champions League. Inter won both of those matches 3-2 at home and 2-0 away so they will hold a psychological advantage heading into this game. I think it's going to take a strong team to stop Inter reaching the Final of this competition. I feel Bayer will just be another fallen victim on the Italian side's route to the Final.

Inter Milan to Win @ 2.15 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfair

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Europa League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Shakhtar’s last 6 games in Europa League.
FC Basel 1893 have won their last 5 matches in Europa League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Sevilla’s last 5 games in Europa League.
Shakhtar are undefeated in their last 6 matches against FC Basel 1893 in all competitions.
FC Basel 1893 have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches in Europa League.
Shakhtar have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in Europa League.

You can find interesting 18 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 11.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-08-2020-20271

Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Basel

Shakhtar Donetsk

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Ismaily (21/2 d)

Suspended: Khocholava (10/0 d)

(Players stats are from last season.)

FC Basel

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Omlin (32/0 first goalkeeper), Zuffi (19/3 m), Ramires (9/0 m)

Suspended: Comert (33/2 d)

(Players stats are from last season.)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Basel

The third of the Europa League Quarter-Final matches is up tonight at 8pm BST when Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk play Swiss team FC Basel at the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen. Both of these sides are competing for a coveted Semi-Final spot where Italian Serie A runners-up Inter Milan await the winners. Who will prevail as the victorious side in this one?

Shakhtar Donetsk won the Ukrainian Premier League by a decent margin of 23 points ahead of rivals Dynamo Kiev and they now stand on the brink of a first European competition Semi-Final since 2015/16 when they suffered a 5-3 aggregate defeat to Sevilla. Manager Luis Castro saw his side navigate their way past Wolfsburg by a resounding 5-1 score-line. Junior Moraes continues to impress for the Ukrainian side with 25 goals in all competitions now. He has scored 11 goals in 16 appearances in the Europa League for Shakhtar. It's also been an impressive return to action with 8 wins from their last 10 competitive games since the restart.

FC Basel face a relatively short journey to this venue compared to their opponents. The disappointment of finishing 3rd behind Young Boys and St Gallen has spurred the club on in European competition. Manager Marcel Koller will know his job is under pressure if his team are eliminated here. The Swiss club beat Eintracht Frankfurt 4-0 on aggregate in the previous round so they'll be confident heading into this latest challenge. Unfortunately, there is the issue of overall form rather than just European form and that doesn't make very positive reading for Basel. It's just 7 wins from 15 games since the restart and they've only scored 1 goal in their last 3 matches. It is the club's first major European Quarter-Final since 2013/14 when they were eliminated by Valencia.

These two sides have met three previous times with Shakhtar Donetsk managing to avoid defeat in every game. Their most recent meeting saw Shakhtar Donetsk beat FC Basel 5-0 in the 2008/09 Champions League group stage. I think it's going to take a special performance by the Swiss side to stop this Shakhtar machine. The Ukrainian team are considered dark horses by many to go all the way. I'm anticipating a narrow win for Shakhtar.

Shakhtar Donetsk to Win @ 1.94 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.15 with Betfair

Wolves vs Sevilla

The final match being covered by us for the Europa League Quarter-Finals is this potential cracker between Premier League side Wolves and La Liga club Sevilla. Kick-off is scheduled for 8pm BST at the MSV-Arena in Duisburg. Manchester United await the winners of this tie and with it being the first ever meeting between these two clubs we're set for an unpredictable affair.

Wolves can be proud of their season so far. A team that were in League One only a small number of years back are now feeling gutted that they missed out on European qualification through the Premier League. Nuno Espirito Santo is clearly plotting a full scale assault on this trophy. Wanderers have only lost 2 of their 16 European games this season. It was a campaign that started over a year ago with a qualifying tie against Crusaders in July, 2019. It's also just 4 defeats in their last 18 matches across all competitions. History continues to be made by this Wolves team with this match being their first European Quarter-Final since their 1971/72 UEFA Cup run where they went on to eventually lose to Tottenham in the Final.

Sevilla have made this competition their own over recent years but under Julen Lopetegui they are looking to write the next chapter in their history. The club have secured Champions League football for next season already via their 4th placed finish in La Liga but they want a trophy to really make it a season to remember. Los Nervionenses are unbeaten in their last 18 matches across all competitions but they have drawn 50% of those games. If you want an impressive track record for this competition then Sevilla have reached the Quarter-Finals of this competition five times and have gone on to win it on each of those occasions. They have also only lost 1 of their last 8 knockout round meetings with English clubs down the years.

I'm not sure I can separate these two sides. They are two clubs that are in the ascendancy with managers that are proving themselves at the elite level. I think the sensible money would be sitting on the fence and backing a score draw. Who will go on to win this tie is anyone's guess? You're just as likely to get the right outcome by tossing a coin. It should be an enthralling encounter between two in-form and ambitious clubs.

Draw @ 3.23 with VBet

BTTS @ 2.20 with Betfair

Wolves v Sevilla.

Bought cross corners at 22 with SX (Wolves corners x Sevilla corners). A bit of a gut feel bet but can see Sevilla gaining a decent number and, depending on how the game pans out, a good chance the total can cross that line.

Ocampos anytime 3/1 and 2 or more 24/1 with 888. Standout prices for Sevilla's main goal getter. Yet to manage a brace so far this season but worth a punt at double the next best price on offer.

Reguilon anytime 18/1 with the same firm. Young attacking fullback linked with Chelsea. Has three goals post-lockdown, 2 in the league and one against Roma. Goal mins maybe cheap at 3 with SPIN but think I'll stick to anytime.

Shakhtar v Basel.

4-6 cards shown at 21/20 with Hills (as posted in systems and strategy). A value bet for me in simple "odds against about an odds on shot" sense.

18 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Wolves v Sevilla.

Bought cross corners at 22 with SX (Wolves corners x Sevilla corners). A bit of a gut feel bet but can see Sevilla gaining a decent number and, depending on how the game pans out, a good chance the total can cross that line. :eyes 14 corners for Sevilla (which would normally signal a decent profit) but none for Wolves so a "nilling" as we say in the trade for the maximum loss of 22 x stake.

Ocampos anytime 3/1 and 2 or more 24/1 with 888. Standout prices for Sevilla's main goal getter. Yet to manage a brace so far this season but worth a punt at double the next best price on offer. :ok:eyes Anytime lands late on as he scores the only goal of the game.

Reguilon anytime 18/1 with the same firm. Young attacking fullback linked with Chelsea. Has three goals post-lockdown, 2 in the league and one against Roma. Goal mins maybe cheap at 3 with SPIN but think I'll stick to anytime. :eyes

Shakhtar v Basel.

4-6 cards shown at 21/20 with Hills (as posted in systems and strategy). A value bet for me in simple "odds against about an odds on shot" sense. :ok

2 winners enough for a modest profit despite the maximum loss on the spread bet.

5 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

Do you have an opinion on the winner of the tournament @harry_rag ?

I think that both inter and man utd are being priced up on reputation and that sevilla will beat man utd on sunday.

I hadn't thought about it previously but decided to have a go at pricing it up for myself (very rough and ready). Inter and Man U are shorter than I'd make them and Sevilla and Shakhtar a bit longer. I've got Sevilla v Man U as a coin toss so, at the prices on offer, Sevilla to win or qualify seems like a reasonable call.

I had Shakhtar at around 7/1 outright and they're on offer at a couple of points more than that though I can't say I fancy them. They can score but also concede a fair few and Inter seem to have improved defensively. I can see Inter progressing 3-1 in that tie, e.g. win and btts. I'd see the other game as an unders/btts "no" type game. All very top of the head though.