** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday Aug 10th

Ok exciting day ahead, cracking card at Chester and hopefully Adsaa can show a bit of promise in the 5.30. Drawn in stall one and expected to make plenty use of him early on. 

Trouble seeing the Tips page at the moment so will put the Nap and Treble up here today

TREBLE

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 17.04.22.png

NAP

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 17.04.30.png

One Trixie today for £1.50 = £6 v £43.16

1.15 Sou Robyynd Zone 11/8
2.30 Leic Monza City 7/4
4.00 Leic Sorrel 10/11 (nearly didn't back it because odds on)

Other bets:

2.30 Leic Monza City £2win at 7/4
2.15 Sou Croco Bay £1 win at 11/2

3.45 Sou Purple King £1 win at 5/2
3.45 Sou Calvanist 50p ew at 10/1

5.00 Leic Society Red £1 ew at 13/2 (big spender)

4.55 Ches Cuban Breeze £1 win at 7/2 (the trainer's a maestro here)

5.30 Ches True Blue Moon £1 win at 10/3

6.30 Ches Dark Pursuit 50p ew at 15/2 (dark Horse in the race)

7.00 Ches Data Protection 50p ew at 8/1

8.00 Ches Gabial The One £1 win at 9/2 (hopefully the value in the race)

Multiples £6

Singles = £11

Total stakes £17

Maybe back later

Have a good day everyone, I know I will

Well my favourite hot pots failed me today so a Trixie loss of £6.  The balance c/fwd is £662.16 (£800 Bank)

I had a mixed bag of results with my singles bets.  For an £11 outlay I had returns of £13.93 hence a small profit of £2.93.  My singles balance c/fwd is £297.15 (£400 Bank)

Dross racing tomorrow with the best being at Perth.  Not sure about doing a multiple bet

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

530 Chester 

Now the fav has dropped out ...it has left this classy looking  race wide open ....Asdaa has chances if he can recapture top form....true moon blue ran a fair race last time and has low draw so should run well but as the race is so open I'll chance a couple at bigger prices ....gabriel the saint has a high class rating and conditions to suit ....terrible draw but has time to get into position.....9.8 on betfair looks a fair price .....finoah never seems to show much but has contested better races than this and looks fairly treated in a weaker race so the 16.5 on betfair looks overpriced ....tough tough race...any one of 5 or 6  could win but I'll play the value bets 

Gabriel the saint 

Finoah

2x 10pt wins betfair 

Edited by richard-westwood

1.15 Southwell - 1pt e/w Alexander The Grey @ 8/1 Bet365

Quite a character but has plenty of ability at this level and represents good e/w value to me. Looks sure to go off in front and probably stay there for a very long way - has a tendency to chuck in the towel on the run in but you can take that chance knowing he's still likely to finish in the 3 if doing that and this track will help his racing style and hopefully keep his eyes on the prize. Lilly Pinchin returns to the saddle, who got on well with this horse last year including managing a win and he shaped reasonably well on his first start after a break last time. 

2.15 Southwell - 2pts win Solar Impulse @ 9/2 Bet365

Is no spring chicken at the age of 10 but there's still life left in him based on his run on seasonal reappearance last time. That came over 2m4f but all of his best career form has come over 2 miles (never been in the first 2 over 2m4f or further) and should be fitter now. When last seen last year, he was a sound 4th in a hot race at Newbury, beaten less than 10 lengths. The first 3 that day were all rated in the 140s or 150s and he's essentially 8lbs better off today with Charlie Todd taking off 5lbs. Should go well with conditions to suit.

3.15 Southwell - 1pt e/w Miss M @ 14/1 Bet365

The favourite did it nicely on hurdling debut but plausible that the two favourites did too much in front and whilst is the most likely winner here, I'm again going to side with one of equivalent quality on the flat - Miss M would be closely matched with the 7/4 shot in this race should they be racing over say 1m2f on the level yet this one is a big price on hurdling debut so merits consideration. Has joined a good yard in David Pipe for a hurdling career and presumably was given a pipe opener on the flat (if you pardon the pun) last time when down the field. That was an unusually poor performance for a largely consistent mare and with that under her belt should be capable of better on hurdling debut at an each way price.

3.30 Leicester - 1pt e/w Ultra Violet @ 10/1 Bet365

Headstrong sort who hasn't gone on from an impressive debut victory but is well down the weights now, faces his easiest assignment to date and is back to ideal conditions. Pulled away his chance on many occasions but the hood returns today having been left off over 7f last time (trip too far anyway) and the race he ran in two starts back was a strong one. Although midfield, shaped okay and is now down the weights further and eased in grade. Hopefully everything can click today and get his career back on track. 

3.45 Southwell - 1pt e/w Calvinist @ 10/1 Bet365

Put this one up at Uttoxeter last time and looked the likely winner all the way up the straight before being repelled late on to be narrowly beaten in a three way go to the line. The eventual winner has franked the form in no uncertain terms since up in grade and Calvinist might just benefit from the drop back in trip today. Definitely stays well enough for further but travels well enough to make two miles suitable and looks a big price again today.

4.45 Southwell - 1pt e/w Peltwell @ 14/1 Bet365

Has an absence to overcome but the yard is going okay and this one has the form to get involved today. Shaped okay in novice races (well held run came in a good race) and the horse he was a 4 length second to two starts back in a handicap is now rated 20lbs higher so the form stacks up. Can excuse his effort on heavy ground when last seen and returns with conditions to suit here. Shapes as if 2m4f will suit and looks reasonably handicapped if fit enough to do himself justice.