** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Exclusive £150 added Poker League - August Leg 4 - Wed 26th August

avongirl

Punters Lounge is pleased to continue for August with our £150 added Poker League.  We run on Wednesday nights starting at 8.10pm, with a late registration period* on top of this.  All games are played in the PokerStars Home Games PL Poker Club.  The first two legs are NLHE, then for a bit of variety we have a PLO leg in week 3, reverting back to NLHE for the final leg.

> Leg 1 : Wednesday 5th August at 20.10 BST in the PL Poker Club Home Game.

> Leg 2 : 12th August

> Leg 3 : 19th August - PLO Leg

> Leg 4 : 26th August - double entrants in formula **

Buy in is $5.50 per leg.

* The Late Registration period is currently fixed by PokerStars as 1 hour and unfortunately this is not able to be over-ridden. So that our scoring structure is not adversely impacted we ask that players must register by 8.30 (within 20 minutes) and anyone registering after this time will not earn points for that leg.  Persistent offenders may be excluded from the Home Games Club.

Your top 3 scores of the 4 legs will count towards your league total. We will be using the usual PL poker league format, which will be updated in this thread. (The PokerStars own league scores will not be used.) Formula is -Log(position/Entrants)x100

To help boost numbers overall and in particular in the final leg we are continuing the system of doubling the number of entries used in the calculation in leg 4 (**so if 10 entries the formula will use 20 entrants). This will increase the number of points available in the final leg to make it more competitive.

All members are welcome, however you must post in this thread if asked to let us know your forum username, otherwise your placings and scores cannot be included in the league.  New players are always welcome to join in, so please spread the word and invite your friends so we can keep the weekly numbers up.

£150 Added Value

The £150 added will be split between the top 3 players of the league end, with £75 to the league champion, £45 to 2nd and £30 to 3rd.  This will be payable via PayPal at the end of the league.  Big thank you to SirPuntalot and Punters Lounge for the added funds.  The league winner will also get Punters Lounge merchandise.

Punters Lounge Merchandise

You can now win unlimited Punters Lounge merchandise, even if you have won them before. It consists of our mug with a wraparound 3D logo and also a pack of 10 pens. Unfortunately due to supplier shipping restrictions we may be unable to provide these to members who live outside of the UK.

To join the PokerStars PL Home Games Club:

club id = 744199

password = PLPokerClub

We also have a PL Poker Club Facebook group where regular reminders are also posted.

Please request to join.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/524375907722928/

Good luck!

League Table

PLStars 20084.jpg

* The Late Registration period is currently fixed by PokerStars as 1 hour and unfortunately this is not able to be over-ridden. So that our scoring structure is not adversely impacted we ask that players must register by 8.30 (within 20 minutes) and anyone registering after this time will not earn points for that leg.  Persistent offenders may be excluded from the Home Games Club.

Just to highlight that I have added this in in respect of the late registration which is now automatically available on Home Games. I hope everyone feels that this is an acceptable allowance (previously was automatically set at 10 mins) and allows players to join in late without it becoming an abuse of our points system.

Just realised I had not set up the tournament. :$  However I am a believer that if sometimes you wait rather than rush in, things will change for the better, and I am pleased to say that PokerStars have added an option to adjust the late registration period!! :cow We can have 0, 2, 4 or 6 levels, with our current setting of 'regular' speed this is 10min levels, so I have selected 2 levels which gives us 20mins late reg as I had suggested anyway. 

So game is set up and registering, hopefully see you there tonight . :ok

Well done to Kev on his (I think) first league win tonight. :clap   Very well played.  Welcome back this month to autogree in 2nd. And I was very pleased with 3rd on my first game back, and may use it as proof to my neuro surgeon that I am fit and well and please let me drive again! :lol

I have set up next week's game already so see you there :ok

6 minutes ago, avongirl said:

Well done to Kev on his (I think) first league win tonight. :clap   Very well played.  Welcome back this month to autogree in 2nd. And I was very pleased with 3rd on my first game back, and may use it as proof to my neuro surgeon that I am fit and well and please let me drive again! :lol

I have set up next week's game already so see you there :ok

Thanks, and Yes, Certainly my very first league win, since coming back playing, throughly enjoyed, the swaping of chips between the final 3...

8 hours ago, avongirl said:

Another first time winner this week, well done to yossa on his first league win tonight, and also currently leading the league table :clap

Next week we have PLO with an enhanced starting chip stack of 5000, game set up ready and open for reg :ok

At least i won't miss it totally, I've registered!

On 8/20/2020 at 2:41 AM, 7-2offsuit said:

Ey up

I’m ‘Origami Boy’ on Stars ??

Pottsy x

When you said you'd been a long time lurker I didn't realise how   l o n g   you meant.  I think this might be some sort of record. :lol  :clap 

Content Count

12 Apr 2006 5:57pm

Well done to 7-2offsuit, Pottsy, who came and won the PLO leg on his first appearance in the league  :clap  and gets onto the league table in 5th.

It's tight at the top with Leo currently in the lead with 3 super consistent finishes, Kev close behind with another podium this week. :clap

Lots to play for next week and plenty with a chance of taking some of the added value.

We have a 5000 chip NLHE contest to decide it all set up and ready to register.  :ok

18 hours ago, avongirl said:

Well done to 7-2offsuit, Pottsy, who came and won the PLO leg on his first appearance in the league  :clap  and gets onto the league table in 5th.

It's tight at the top with Leo currently in the lead with 3 super consistent finishes, Kev close behind with another podium this week. :clap

Lots to play for next week and plenty with a chance of taking some of the added value.

We have a 5000 chip NLHE contest to decide it all set up and ready to register:ok

That's exactly what i'm going to do again..

Good luck to all at the top again

• avongirl changed the title to Punters Lounge Exclusive £150 added Poker League - August Leg 4 - Wed 26th August

Well done to Kevsul on his second win of the month, as well as 3rd place last week, and he storms into the top spot to take the league crown :clap  Well done Kev, awesome month!

Leg 2 winner Yossa takes 2nd spot on his first month playing the league and ultra-consistent Leo takes 3rd place.   :clap :clap 

Thank you to everyone who came along and played this month. Numbers are dropping back to pre-lockdown levels, so feel free to invite your friends along next month so we keep the numbers up :ok

Instructions for League Winners:

1st  @kevsul  £75 + PL Mug and Pens

2nd  @yossa6133  £45

3rd  @LIKE2FISH  £30

To claim please email [email protected] with the following:

Subject: Poker League

Message Content.

PL Username: *
PayPal Email: *
Prize Amount/Position: £75 (1st) / £45 (2nd) / £30 (3rd)

Winner (Kevsul) - please also provide address for PL Mug & Pens to be sent

Payments are normally processed together for all our monthly competitions and may be some days after the end of the month. Well done everyone :clap

@BillyHills