** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday Aug 4th

Hi few big fields in France today

deauville

12.10 anatello 28/1 Lost 

12.50 dassam 6/1 Lost 

1.25 mme du Barry 22/1 Lost

2.00 got bright 6/1 Lost

2.35 mearas style 12/1 Lost

3.10 repertoire 9/1 Placed

3.45 galador 20/1 Lost 

4,20 green siren 16/1 Placed

4.55 caly rosay 25/1

all bets 25p e/w bet365 

Edited by LEE-GRAYS

One Trixie today for £1.50 = £6 (using bet credits so poss return is less at £33.54

2.00 Bev Brazen Belle 6/4
4.00 Bev Bottom Bay 6/4
5.30 Sou Dermon D'Aunou 2/1

Singles

2.00 Bev Roydmoor £1 win at 5/1

4.00 Bev Dancing Boy £1 win at 9/1
4.00 Dramatic Sands 50p at 11/1
        Poets Dawn 50p at 20/1

4.50 Catt Tranchee £2 win at 2/1

5.30 Sou Thibault £1 win at 3/1
5.30 Sou Rebel Leader £1 win at 4/1

6.00 Sou Adjutant £1 win at 11/4
6.00 sou Henryvill £1 win at 10/3

6.30 sou Leroy Brown £1 win at 5/2
6.30 sou Rock On Tiger £1 win at 3/1

Total multiples = £6.00

Total Singles = £11.00

Total stakes = £17

I feel good about my new strategy

Back later with lay bets

It is on days like today I am so pleased that I bet with small stakes.  Bottom Bay won but was not coupled in a double.  The only good part of the day was that Bet365 voided my bet on Tranchee; it stumbled at the start and unseated its rider.  Never look a gift gorse in the mouth eh.

Anyway multiples balance C/Fwd is £613.84 (£800 Bank)

Singles balance c/fwd is £309.49 (£400 Bank)

I am pretty sure that my new approach will work for me quite soon; just going through a rough patch atm, that's all

Three meetings tomorrow and not much class action on the flat at all.  There are better class races at Newton Abbot but it is easy to fall victim to the form of NH racing needing to  settling down a bit.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

1.45 Catterick - 0.5pts e/w Cream of the Crop @ 25/1 Bet365

Competitive little race but I wouldn't give up on Michael Bell's charge who was fairly well fancied on debut, sent off at 4/1 at Newbury and shaped pretty well over the 7f that day, keen early on but showed plenty of pace and looked the biggest threat to the winner a furlong out before fading late on. Should improve for that being out of the Michael Bell yard and the step back in trip looks sure to suit on pedigree and running style. There are some decent types in here but the winner looked smart at Newbury and I think could improve significantly on that effort at a big price.

2.30 Beverley - 1pt e/w Chillon Castle @ 20/1 Bet365

This isn't a very good race and I thought Chillon Castle could run into a place at least here having shaped well over course and distance a couple of starts back. Probably would have been 3rd or better that day with a clear run having travelled well up the rail but had to stop riding and switch out before staying on and that effort bodes well for the return to these conditions. Couldn't sustain a forward move over 6f at Redcar last time but I think 5f is what he wants and it paid to be on the pace that day too. Trainer and jockey are both in form so despite being drawn wide looks a chunky price.

2.45 Catterick - 3pts win The Navigator @ 4/1 Bet365

The favourite has a chance but is burdened with a significant weight having climbed the handicap last year and I readily prefer The Navigator who was unlucky not to win off 1lb higher at Hamilton two starts back and shaped well at Thirsk last time too. Those efforts were both in class 4 races and steps back in grade to a class 5 today. Conditions suit, is versatile and consistent and I think will take the beating. 

3.00 Beverley - 1pt e/w Hooves Like Jagger @ 22/1 Hills

I just think this one is too big a price not to take an each way chance on today. Was well held on debut at Catterick but the 5f around there is sharp and tricky for a debutant. Found himself outpaced throughout that day but wasn't unfound in the market, going off at 9/1 and should have learned plenty for that. Steps up a couple of furlongs today with a pedigree that would suggest he could have some ability at 2 and the yard is in red hot form, so worth chancing at such a big price.

3.30 Beverley - 1pt e/w Etikaal @ 11/1 Bet365

Was in good form last year before signing off with a couple of below par efforts but shaped encouragingly in a better race at Doncaster on his reappearance, failing to get involved from the rear but the step back up in trip today will help and looks off a fair enough mark on best form. Has typically competed in higher grades than this so all in all, with progress expected from the seasonal reappearance, looks attractive at a double figure price.

4.30 Beverley - 0.5pts e/w Minogue @ 28/1 Bet365

Hasn't pulled up any trees in novice events so far but they've been good races and she's still shown some promise despite clear evidence of inexperience. Now enters handicaps off a mark of 57 and this will be comfortably her easiest assignment to date. Her dam was very progressive, from winning a Lingfield class 6 maiden to running well in a French Group 1 so there's plenty to like on pedigree and at a big price is worth chancing on handicap debut.

Three lay bets

4.05 Ling Chosen Mark £2.11 at 3.55 = £2 v £5.17 Has plenty of decent opposition

4.30 Bev Ideal Candy £2.11 at 3.1 = £2 v £4.43 Loves Beverly and will probably front run.  Has decent opposition

4.40 Lin With Respect £2.11 at 3.10 = £2 v £4.43 Will do well to beat The Perfect Crown after 284 days lay off

£6.33 poss return £6 Poss liability = £14.03

Well, at least my ability to find losers paid off with my lay bets today.  All three lost, hence a profit on the day of £6.

This means a balance C/fwd of £6.96

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

10 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Hi few big fields in France today

deauville

12.10 anatello 28/1 Lost 

12.50 dassam 6/1 Lost 

1.25 mme du Barry 22/1 Lost

2.00 got bright 6/1 Lost

2.35 mearas style 12/1 Lost

3.10 repertoire 9/1 Placed

3.45 galador 20/1 Lost 

4,20 green siren 16/1 Placed

4.55 caly rosay 25/1

all bets 25p e/w bet365 

Not so good day 

out £4.00

in £2.15

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

It is on days like today I am so pleased that I bet with small stakes.  Bottom Bay won but was not coupled in a double.  The only good part of the day was that Bet365 voided my bet on Tranchee; it stumbled at the start and unseated its rider.  Never look a gift gorse in the mouth eh.

Unfortunately BOYLESPORTS were not so generous.

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I am pretty sure that my new approach will work for me quite soon; just going through a rough patch atm, that's all

You seem to switch approaches quite a lot. Do you paper trade these before putting money on?

8 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Unfortunately BOYLESPORTS were not so generous.

You seem to switch approaches quite a lot. Do you paper trade these before putting money on?

No M.  After doing a lot of work on finding my selections I have to invest a bit of cash on them.  As I pointed out I do not put loads of money on.  As you will see from my cumulative results which go back months and months I am in no danger of losing my betting banks.  When I say new approach, what I mean is that whereas I would put singles stakes on the same horses that I included in my multiples, I will now choose other horses in the same race that are reckoned to have a good chance of beating my selection so as to cover myself for being let down by the so-called good thing(s) that seem to fail with boring consistency.  It comes as a somewhat relief to me when I am let down by my favourites and I hopefully choose a viable alternative.

Sorry that Boylesports didn't void your bet as well on Tranchee; I would suggest to you to try Bet365 as I did and get £100 of free bets on the ATR website but I guess that you've been there, done that and got the Teeshirt

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Sorry that Boylesports didn't void your bet as well on Tranchee; I would suggest to you to try Bet365 as I did and get £100 of free bets on the ATR website but I guess that you've been there, done that and got the Teeshirt

Correct, I've taken advantage of the various offers and struggle to put a bet on now with most bookmakers. To be fair I still have an account with BET365 and they often offer good odds.