** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday Aug 3rd

One Trixie today for £1 = £4 (using Bet365 credits  Poss return of £59.81

3.15 Hd Makana 2/1 (11/4 last night and backed into 2/1, can't lose can it?)
5.40 Win Magical Ride 3/1 (Lets hope that Megan Nichols gets the horse out of the gate a bit quicker this time)
6.15 Win Dashcaz 5/2 (I'm just a sucker for media hype)

Win bets

3.15 Hd Makana £2 win at 2/1
4.45 Hd Amber Storm £2 win at 9/4
4.30 Yar Breath Of Joy £2 win at 7/2
4.30 Yar Invisaging £2 win at 9.6 = £16.34 (Exch bonus, hehe)
5.40 win Magical ride £3 win at 4.00 = £8.55 ("       "         "      )
5.40 Win Second Collection £1 win at 5/1
6.15 Win Wonderwork £2 win at 5/2 (should Dashcaz faulter)
6.15 win Top Breeze   £1 win at 9/2  (    "           "           "      )

Multiples = £4

Singles = £15

Total  stakes £19

Mainly using bet credits on Bet365 and A £5 bonus on Betfair Exchange.  Will account for winners/losers in the usual way though

Have to come back later for lay bets

A very disappointing day.  I was duped by the market with regards Makana, Mountain Peak went off favourite and won.  Magical Ride did what it did last time and was slowly away and was well beaten and Daschas got beat by Wonderwork (Lucky I had a cover bet on that one).

Anyway, My multiples balance now C/Fwd is £619.84 (Bank £800)

I had two non runners and a winner on singles which showed a return of + £6 therefore a £9 loss from £15 stakes.  the Balance C/fwd on my singles is £318.49 (Bank £400)

Although there are four meetings tomorrow, it all looks to be very mediocre. One class 3 at Beverley with a short priced favourite.  There are four class 4 races at Southwell over the jumps.  Looks like a good day to take off or look for "lay" bets

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

1.45 Haydock - 1pt e/w Embrace The Moment @ 14/1 Bet365

Has done well since joining the Ian Williams yard and won readily two starts back at Pontefract by 3 lengths. Is only 4lbs higher today but Gavin Ashton takes off a handy 5lbs and conditions will suit more than they did last time when he raced over 1m4f on soft ground. That was the first time he's run on soft and looks like the return to this trip and better ground will help. Improved for more positive riding at Pontefract and is well placed to go forward from stall 1 and I'd like to see him settle in just behind the leaders here and put it to them up the home straight.

2.00 Yarmouth - 1pt win War Brigade @ 7/1 Bet365

Has come down in the weights this season and this also represents an easier race than he's been competing in too. Ran a sound effort from a prominent position at Haydock a couple of starts back before being swamped by closers late on (paid to be off the pace that day) and ran a solid race last time out too. This is an easier race, I can see him racing handy without having to go off too quickly and off a good mark should find it easier to repel the competition here. 

2.15 Haydock - 2pts win Cornborough @ 13/2 Bet365

This represents an easier assignment for Cornborough than many of his career starts and shaped well after a long break at Pontefract last time, staying on from the rear at a huge price. Isn't easy to make up ground at that venue and should have come on for it, whilst looking as if retaining his ability. Has run well in every start at Haydock with conditions absolutely spot on today, he's off a good mark and against lesser opposition than usual. 

2.30 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Seventii @ 28/1 Bet365

Terrible strike rate but in a really bad race looks overpriced as a potential place runner - in better form than many of these yet is outsider of the lot and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was able to run on into a place at least off a featherweight. Ran okay last time over further but best form has come over this distance and a bit further so will enjoy this step back down in trip and if they go hard in front, could outrun the odds quite significantly.

4.00 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Smokey @ 14/1 Bet365

Enters handicaps off a lowly mark and I think it could be generous having raced fairly in a decent contest at Windsor last time that it was never likely to get involved in given the ratings of some of the rivals in there. Shaped well enough that day as well as over the sharp 5f at Lingfield the time before that. On that evidence I think this mark of 53 is fair and should benefit from the step up to 6f too. Had a wind op, Hollie Doyle on board and this should be more suitable today. 

4.15 Haydock - 1pt e/w Herbert Pocket @ 25/1 Bet365

Not a high quality horse at all but has shown glimmers of form in his career to date to suggest this lowly mark will be cashed in on when on a going day and I think he could go well at a price here. Did extremely well to be beaten less than 4l at Thirsk two starts back having been very slowly away and wasn't disgraced at Leicester either this season. Was fancied to gain compensation at Ripon last time out but never went with much zest and it's possible the race came too quickly for him. That track isn't for every horse anyway and the return to a flat track today can help along with the break to freshen him up. Looks a big price on that run two starts back and is worth chancing.

Not a bad days racing hope A nicco can get a couple in 

vichy

3.27 rose diamant 25/1  lost

4.02 rhiola rosea 20/1  WON 20/1:nana

4.37 bellaway 10/1 placed 3rd 11/1

5.12 get set 15/2  placed 2nd 8/1

5.45 queen of the night 9/1 lost

6.15  borsakov 6/1 lost

6.45 Jackson hole 9/2 lost

7.15 fantastic lily 33/1 lost

all bets 25p  e/w bet365 ??

Edited by LEE-GRAYS