Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
York Ebor Festival Tipster Competition : 19th August - 22nd August
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Premier League Predictions > Jul 31st - Aug 2nd

Sorry Stevie, I've been working away from home the last couple of weeks and had no time to get on here and post, had no bets on this league anyway (and typically, BATE win comfortably after letting me down a couple of times). With the Scottish Premiership starting this weekend I'll probably just focus on that and only do the odd bet on Belarussian games.

PS. Could you post up odds and ratings for the Scottish games, I'll try to get back here tomorrow morning to write a preview. Cheers.

PPS. Unlucky Cardiff, such a difficult league to get out of it must be frustrating to come so close.

Torpedo Zhodino vs BATE Borisov

The Belarus Premier League continues to offer up one of the most exciting title races across the European leagues. It's a real shame that the league hasn't continued to get the coverage it was receiving at the start of the covid-19 pandemic because it's been well worth following. That dramatic title race could take another turn here when Torpedo Zhodino host BATE Borisov in a 2pm BST kick-off this Sunday afternoon at the Torpedo Stadium.

Torpedo Zhodino head into this game in 5th but still have eyes on a Europa League qualification push. Manager Yuri Puntus saw his team win 4-1 against Energetik-BGU last week to end a winless run of 3 league matches. They do come into this game knowing they've only won 1 of their last 4 home league matches so will be aiming to improve on that. The players can draw inspiration from the 0-0 draw they earned away against BATE Borisov earlier in the campaign.

BATE Borisov are keeping the pressure on league leaders Shakhtyor Soligorsk after making it back-to-back wins last weekend. Kirill Aleshevsky's side can move joint top of the Belarusian top flight with a win here but a loss could see them drop down to 3rd and risk disrupting their title challenge. It would be fair to say that BATE have been playing a bit like a wounded animal in the past two league games. A convincing 3-0 win away to Ruh Brest was followed up by a mesmerising 6-0 destruction of FC Minsk at home. I can see a similar display coming here.

Both of these sides have flirted with the idea of a title challenge at different stages of the season. Torpedo Zhodino find themselves slightly off the pace now but the hopes of a European qualification push are far from over. BATE Borisov are finding their form again and when they are flying there's no stopping them. I just feel they will pull themselves right back into pole position over the coming weeks and this game is the latest in a run of matches that they'll get positive results from.

BATE Borisov to Win @ 1.60 with Bet365

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 2.60 with Bet365

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this