** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A & B Predictions > Jul 31st - Aug 2nd

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Atalanta are undefeated in their last 17 matches in Serie A.
Napoli have scored at least 2 goals in their last 8 home matches in Serie A.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Roma’s last 7 games in Serie A.
Juventus are undefeated in their last 10 home matches against Roma in all competitions.
Inter have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches in Serie A.

You can find interesting 35 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 01.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-08-2020-20179

Atalanta vs Inter Milan

The Serie A season draws to a close this weekend for the 2019/20 campaign. Juventus have been crowned champions again, the European spots are all confirmed, and there's one relegation place left to be decided but we'll cover that in our previews for tomorrow's games. For now, it's Atalanta versus Inter Milan in a 7:45pm BST kick-off on Saturday evening at the Gewiss Stadium.

Atalanta have had a season to remember. Champions League qualification has been secured in convincing fashion and after a run of 17 league games unbeaten they stand just one win away from sealing a runners up finish in the top flight of Italian football. Head coach Gian Piero Gasperini deserves all the plaudits with his free-flowing attacking football earning many admirers. You only need to see the goals delivered by the likes of Luis Muriel, Duvan Zapata, and Josip Illicic to see how much of an attacking threat this side has become. The fact no other team in Serie A has won more points in the league than Atalanta since the restart shows how dominant they've been. It's now 7 home wins on the bounce too.

Inter Milan had looked like the biggest challengers to the champions Juventus with Antonio Conte's side starting this campaign so well. Unfortunately, their league form has dwindled and they're now in a battle with Atalanta to seal 2nd place. It's 7 league games unbeaten for the club including being undefeated in their last 5 away league games. However, the club has lost both of its away matches against top four rivals this season so far. It's hard to see them finding something deep to get the win here and seal that runners up spot in the league.

OK, this could be a cracking game to end the campaign. It's a shame there's not something more lucrative such as the league title resting on it but I still think both teams will go out with all guns blazing. This Atalanta side is simply incredible to watch right now but they're up against an Inter Milan team that will provide a stern test. I do feel it's worth backing the home side to get the win given their awesome form, especially at home, since the restart.

Atalanta to Win @ 2.55 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.20 with Unibet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Parma Calcio 1913’s last 11 games in Serie A.
Verona have failed to win their last 10 away matches in Serie A.
SPAL 2013 have lost 88% of their last 8 matches in Serie A.
Sassuolo have scored at least 3 goals in 83% of their last 6 home matches in Serie A.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 80% of SPAL 2013’s last 10 games in Serie A.
Genoa have won their last 4 home matches against Verona in all competitions.

You can find interesting 33 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 02.08.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-08-2020-20193

Genoa vs Verona

The Italian Serie A season draws to a close today and the epic relegation battle will finally be concluded. Genoa play Verona in this 5pm BST kick-off at the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris knowing that a win will seal their place in the top flight of Italian football for next season. Anything less than a win and it leaves the door open for Lecce to get a result in their match and leapfrog them in the table to survive.

Genoa flirted with relegation last season finishing just one spot above the relegation zone and clearly lessons have not been learned by the club's hierarchy. The club currently sit in 17th place again heading into these final matches and just 1 point above the drop zone. A reliance on 37-year old Macedonian striker Goran Pandev to get their goals has seen them lack the fire power necessary to get results and that hasn't been helped by their leaky defence that has conceded an average of 1.97 goals per game. The team has been unable to make their home ground a fortress either losing 11 of their 18 home league games including losing 5 of their last 7 home league matches. Davide Nicola had a tough job when he came in over the festive period but he's not torn up any trees.

Verona could be the dream killers here. Ivan Juric has led his team to 9th in the table and even though qualification for the Europa League is out of the question they'll be proud of that league position having only been promoted from Serie B via the play-offs last season. The 3-0 win at home against SPAL ended a winless run of 7 league matches but it's this dodgy away form that has been wondering if they can get anything from this game. It's no win in their last 10 away league matches but they have managed to scrape 7 draws from those matches. The team has also lost just 2 of their 21 matches against teams placed lower than them in the table this season.

I'm torn between a home win and a draw in this one. Genoa haven't done anything to make me feel they can get the victory and the added pressure of knowing they need a win to confirm their top flight status could work against them. That being said, Verona have nothing to play for except pride and have hardly been impressive on their travels. I think the lack of fans could help Genoa here because the nerves that can be present in a crowd won't translate onto the pitch. I'm going to back the draw simply because I feel the value is better and it's just as likely to happen as a home win.

Draw @ 4.35 with SportPesa

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.55 with Betfair

Lecce vs Parma

It's judgement day in the Serie A as we enter the final day of proceedings and Lecce know they need a win to stand any chance of staying up in this game against Parma that kicks off at 5pm BST from the Stadio Via del Mare on Sunday afternoon. It's a lot to ask and their relegation to Serie B is looking more than likely to be confirmed come the full-time whistle but who knows?

Lecce will be relying on one of their fellow promoted sides in Verona to help them stay up. A win for the home side here and Verona to get at least a draw against Genoa is the only way that Lecce can stay up. Last season's Serie B runners-up have given it a decent crack this season but a campaign that will be defined by their run of just 1 win in 16 league matches between 25th September and 2nd February could well end in disappointment. 3 wins and 1 draw from their last 7 league games has given them a fighting chance of survival but the damage has already been done. Head coach Fabio Liverani will be asking of one last push from his players here.

Parma might come into this game in a comfortable 11th place but Roberto D'Aversa's side aren't exactly in the best of form right now. A weak run of 7 losses from their last 10 league games has seen them drop off the pace of the Europa League qualification contenders. It's also 3 defeats from their last 4 away league games. Maybe we shouldn't write them off though. 2 wins from their last 3 league games shows they haven't imagined themselves on the beach quite yet and that one defeat was a narrow 2-1 loss against an in-form Atalanta. There have been goals in Parma's games since the restart though with both teams scoring in all of their last 12 league matches so we can expect some action here.

I think the away form of Parma is the telling factor here. I do feel Lecce are slightly too short to back for the home win. Parma have shown in recent games that their fire for the season hasn't completely burned out yet. They'll provide a difficult test for the hosts here and I'm not entirely convinced that the home side will get the win. However, the fact that Lecce have so much riding on a win and Parma are just turning up to fulfil their fixture is likely to make all the difference here.

Lecce to Win @ 1.67 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 2.00 with William Hill

3 hours ago, DrO said:

Where can i find Serie A post-corona break standings? But only after Serie A resumed? 
Is there any? 

@StevieDay1983,someone else? 

The closest I could find was on the Serie A 2019/20 Wikipedia page where it lists the positions for each round. Now, because I'm such a wonderful admin I've gone down the list and put the teams in their positions after 26 games (when the league was suspended). Unfortunately, I can't find the points or other stats but only positions. They are as follows...

1. Juventus

2. Lazio

3. Inter Milan

4. Atalanta

5. Roma

6. Napoli

7. Hellas Verona

8. Parma

9. AC Milan

10. Bologna

11. Cagliari

12. Sassuolo

13. Fiorentina

14. Udinese

15. Torino

16. Sampdoria

17. Genoa

18. Lecce

19. SPAL

20. Brescia

Thank you for the effort @StevieDay1983 but this standigs are wrong,i think.
AC Milan and Atalanta both have collected 30 points after the break,but Atalanta played one match more (13) than AC Milan (12). No other team have collected more points.

It's not that it's matters,it's only for my statitics..

Hopefully this table is correct @DrO, I did a custom one and added some footnotes:

15159441_SerieATablePost-Covid.jpg.0a564dd1a454411b1355158b0c729440.jpg

* AC Milan undefeated, coach Stefano Pioli confirmed as manager for next season and quite right to. Romagnoli / Kjaer centre-back partnership doing very well.

* Fiorentina defence looking very solid, Iachini confirmed as coach for next season and quite right to.

* The sword of damocles was looming above Fonseca but he changes the system to suit his players and the 3-4-2-1 module helps Roma finish the campaign strongly.

* Cagliari showed little improvement under Walter Zenga, he will be replaced by Eusebio Di Francesco for the 2020/2021 campaign.

* Lecce fought to the end and it will be interesting to see where coach Fabio Liverani goes next, he has shown promise with his efforts in the past couple of seasons.

6 hours ago, DrO said:

Thank you for the effort @StevieDay1983 but this standigs are wrong,i think.
AC Milan and Atalanta both have collected 30 points after the break,but Atalanta played one match more (13) than AC Milan (12). No other team have collected more points.

It's not that it's matters,it's only for my statitics..

Sorry mate, just realised I mis-read your post. I read it as find the standings before the games resumed after the covid-19 suspension. My bad. Glad that @Mindfulness could deliver the goods! :lol :ok

• 2 weeks later...