Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
**October Poker League Result : 1st muttley £75, 2nd ian309 £45, 3rd thebestthere £30**
** Last Man Standing Result - Ivailobg/Cookro split 1st £125 / Larking22 1st Consolation Cup £50 **

Donna Veckic vs E. Cocciaretto

With the season just restarting after the long Corona break, it is difficult to find value anywhere on the board with most big names screaming out of the draw with undue favoritism. Vekic looks, smells and shapes up like the real deal on paper, however I strongly feel that caution should be applied as she still looks very under cooked. Cocciaretto has the ability on clay to get something out of this match against a very suspect Vekic who is continuously going shorter in the market. With the market forces already positive on Cocciaretto and considering home advantage that most folks may think does not amount to much, I will go with Cocciaretto with a 5.5 game start which is really huge in the context of things.

1 hour ago, liquidglass said:

Donna Veckic vs E. Cocciaretto

With the season just restarting after the long Corona break, it is difficult to find value anywhere on the board with most big names screaming out of the draw with undue favoritism. Vekic looks, smells and shapes up like the real deal on paper, however I strongly feel that caution should be applied as she still looks very under cooked. Cocciaretto has the ability on clay to get something out of this match against a very suspect Vekic who is continuously going shorter in the market. With the market forces already positive on Cocciaretto and considering home advantage that most folks may think does not amount to much, I will go with Cocciaretto with a 5.5 game start which is really huge in the context of things.

I really don't like this bet .. but I won't be on the other side of the handicap .. good luck .. I think Vekic wins in straight sets quite easily.. something like 6-2 6-2

Pliskova/Vekic double @ 1.82 with Pinnacle

I think Paolini is a more dangerous player than Errani, and in this case for some reason I'm trusting Krystyna more.  I've seen she is moving well, and ball striking good enough.. I'm not sure how Errani is going to contend with the serving disadvantage, and Pliskova forehand is very powerful. 

Caroline Monnet vs Leolia Jeanjean

If the truth must be told, as much as we are all delighted to have tennis back in play, that delight was not so very much so for me because I never really took that long a break from my favorite pass time. I have been very much in the thick of things with all the exhibition matches played over the last few months and would want to believe that i am still in very good form as I have been over the last few months. This match comes from a group of women in the french pro tour who have continuously and interchangeably played themselves over the last few months. Talk about forcasting or tipping and I will tell you that it does not get any harder than trying to pick a match like this. Caroline Monnet is in sublime form winning her last 8 matches without dropping a set. She is also ranked about 570+ places better than her opponent who she also beat just over a month enroute to the winning streak. However I feel that Jeanjean may slowly be finding her form now and looks good enough to spring a surprise. It was nice reading yesterday where Czech had said that he had opted out of any careless picks to try and maintain his clean record. Oh how i love the thrill of trying to keep a clean sheet! I am strongly believing Jeanjean to win this @11/4. However I have opted for the choice of a safer bet to try and stay out of trouble. Leolia jeanjean to win with +4.5 games handicap. Good luck all.

Edited by liquidglass

Arcangioli vs Zavatska

Both from the same pool as the previous selection. Zavatska seems to have fallen off her mini winning streak and Arcangioli looks poised to win this one. Market forces are positive. I should really be going the +3.5 Arcangioli route but nah! Big win here for Arcangioli @ 13/8

Edited by liquidglass

Anett Kontaveit v Laura Siegemund (+1.5 sets) @ 1.62

Although Kontaveit won easily in two sets, she did lose the first three games in the 2nd set, indicating that she did not have it all her own way. Siegemund is an experienced campaigner and enjoys clay. She also has been playing many exhibition matches, racking up a score a great tally of 11W 2L (even if it was against sub-standard opposition). I believe Siegemund has it in her to win a set and possibly even the match, but I will choose the safer option.

Edited by South_African_Punter

Anett Kontaveit to beat Elisabetta Cocciaretto at 1.44 with bet365

Quarterfinals of the WTA Palermo. Cocciaretto has won against Hercog (7-6, 6-3) and Vekic (6-2, 6-4). Kontaveit has won against Tig (6-3, 6-3) and Siegemund (3-6, 6-2, 6-2). From all the players I have seen during the first two rounds here, Kontaveit has been the one who has impressed me the most. She has played against two experienced clay courters and I don't understand why Kontaveit is priced at 1.44 against her when she was priced under 1.30 against Tig, a more dangerous and experienced player on this surface than the young italian player (don't forget Tig won the WTA Karlsruhe and did Final in Bucharest on this surface the last year, beating there players like Sevastova, Siegemund, Van Uytvanck,...). I had some doubts about her victory against Siegemund (the german player holds an impressive record on this surface with more than 400 wins on it, and she came here with more than 10 exhibition matches played on this surface during the pandemic), but she did. Cocciaretto has won here her first WTA matches of a final draw. I don't want to detract from her, but none of her opponents played exhibition matches nor were pure clay courters as Tig or Siegemund, so in my opinion Kontaveit's way til here has been so much harder. As I said, Siegemund and Tig are more dangerous players than the italian player and considering the way Kontaveit has dispatched both players I don't see Cocciaretto causing another upset here.

Cocciaretto reminds me of Andreescu. Same powerful “beefy” constitution. Same trials to catch her losing because she played against better ranked players but she continued and continued....

In my opinion this time the opponent is powerful as well. And more precise. So, I am with Kontaveit as well.

Edited by vvararu
2 hours ago, vvararu said:

Cocciaretto reminds me of Andreescu. Same powerful “beefy” constitution. Same trials to catch her losing because she played against better ranked players but she continued and continued....

In my opinion this time the opponent is powerful as well. And more precise. So, I am with Kontaveit as well.

I like your very apt description "beefy constitution". It kind of gives a hint of what to expect. Cocciaretto will not go down without actually getting beat down. She is a young aggressive fighter. Kontaveit definitely is more aggressive. The question is will she have the necessary precision to back it up? Does she also have a stomach for a good ol pillow fight? One other thing that is quite certain is that one of the home girls either Cocciaretto or Giorgi is expected to play very well even to the point of winning. Or are the bookies just going to gift us 2 favorites? Your guess is probably as good as mine!!!

Edited by liquidglass