Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Jul 24th - 26th

BATE Borisov vs FC Minsk

The Belarus Premier League title race will take its latest twist this weekend when league leaders BATE Borisov host a struggling FC Minsk in a 4pm BST kick-off at the Borisov Arena. Pressure is building on both teams with the home side knowing anything less than a win could see them lose top spot and the away team desperately needing to get a win to move themselves out of the relegation play-off spot.

BATE Borisov had been on a superb run of results to see them storm to the top of the league table but Kirill Alshevsky's men now find themselves sharing first place with Shakhtyor Soligorsk and Neman Grodno but ahead on head-to-head points. The club's form isn't the best right now. A 3-0 win away to Ruh Brest ended a winless run of 3 league matches. However, it is still only 2 wins from their last 7 league games. Only two clean sheets have come in that period too showing that the defensive side of their game needs to improve if they're to start getting victories again.

FC Minsk have long been fighting against the tide. Andrey Razin's side suffered from an early covid-19 outbreak within their squad meaning they had to take two weeks off from playing. This means they have 2-3 games in hand on every other team in the league but it also leaves them short of points and sitting in 14th place and just 4 points above the automatic relegation spots. The shock 2-1 win over Energetik-BGU last weekend was their first win in 7 league matches so there'll be a feeling of cautious optimism amongst their fans that they could maybe take something from this game.

Unfortunately, I can't see FC Minsk taking points off BATE Borisov here. I'm not sure what's been happening to see BATE's excellent home form take such a hit that now means they're winless in their last 4 home league games but I will always back them to get the job done on home turf. I think the victory last weekend took off a lot of pressure and this is a big opportunity for them to get back to winning games at home and show their title rivals they won't be moved.

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 1.90 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.65 with Bet365

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.