Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** September Naps Competition Result: 1st Mick33, 2nd BBBC, 3rd Rainbow, 4th Tipsterix. KO Cup Winner: CS333, Most Winners: Alastair **

GENERAL RACING CHIT CHAT

The Equaliser

On 6/17/2021 at 7:50 PM, Striker said:

Far side horses had no chance today especially if held up like he was

Emporio looks to have a very good chance to win his maiden in the last race tomorrow, currently 3-1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:56 AM, Striker said:

Will see how good Santa Barbara is over 10 furlongs in the Group one at the Curragh on Sunday, 5-2 market leader at the moment

I am well and truly on the SB Hype train.

I think she wins today. I really hope so. She can only get better. Today is the day when she shows those doubters!!

11 hours ago, Striker said:

Emporio looks to have a very good chance to win his maiden in the last race tomorrow, currently 3-1

He is in my last chance saloon today. He should win, especially when he has form in the book in Group 1 company.

Odds around 3/1. Should oblige. If he does not win today, I am happy to sit and watch for the rest of the ride

On 6/26/2021 at 2:56 AM, Striker said:

Will see how good Santa Barbara is over 10 furlongs in the Group one at the Curragh on Sunday, 5-2 market leader at the moment

Well? I thought she was an unlucky horse.

My question is this............Do you think she would have won with Frankie riding her?

I am of the very strong opinion she would. RM allowed himself to be bullied into a pocket which meant the winner was always dictating matters. When the winner made her run she stole at least 2 lengths, maybe a bit more..

No way would Frankie have allowed that to have happened. Admittedly I am not a fan of RM, but I do not think it was his finest hour

2 hours ago, Striker said:

She seemed to get outpaced about 3 furlongs out which is typical of a horse coming back in trip, next time you would see a different result

So do you not think she would have won had she not been stuck in a pocket with the winner on her outside?

By the time she started her run, the winner was 2-3 lengths up on her. 

To be fair to the winner, she found a bit more near the line, but RM gave her in effect a 2 length advantage..

I just do not think that Frankie or even Buick would have allowed that maneuver to take place. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Striker said:

She seemed to get outpaced about 3 furlongs out which is typical of a horse coming back in trip, next time you would see a different result

Santa Barbara will be odds on to win the Oaks in america on Saturday night

• 2 weeks later...

For no definite reason I often won't back a horse that has a tongue strap. Personally I think horses mustn't like it. 

If were a fast bowler and the captain fitted me with a tongue strap I'd be bloody livid. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 7:33 PM, Striker said:

Donnacha O'Brien starting to reward our faith recently, and am told he has a nice 2 year old Galileo filly that should debut soon called

Red Azalea 

Update

Finished a nice 3rd despite greenness in a Barrier trial earlier in the week at Dundalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've just phoned up Virgin Media to cancel Racing TV from my TV package .... will save me £22 a month or £244 a year

I'm retiring from work shortly and looking to make some savings ....... seems a bit pointless subscribing to RTV as I hardly watch it now. All the big days are on ITV and all the race replays are on the Life site within about half an hour of the race and of course you can watch the races 'live' on the Racing Post site as long as you log in to a bookie (you don't need to bet)

For quite a long time now I've not watched any racing programme on TV ..... I just put the channel on for the race itself and switch over to something else when they cross the line. Given that I'm not watching all the stuff in between races and interview and previews etc I might as well just watch the race on the Post or Life sites

On 4/26/2021 at 3:14 PM, Striker said:

Turns out Benoit told a little lie!

Such a shame that he now faces a long suspension but is with a stable who back their jockeys so he will hopefully learn from this this and is being mentored by Frankie

Update

Benoit de la Sayette can resume riding from 17th October, after being banned for six months

Admitted falling in with a "bad crowd" but is now back home living with his parents

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Update

Benoit de la Sayette can resume riding from 17th October, after being banned for six months

Admitted falling in with a "bad crowd" but is now back home living with his parents

The same Frankie that got caught when he first came over and then many years later when Godolfin dropped him? ermmm Frankie mentoring? falon, frankie, oisin, etc etc, how many more before they actually get  banned for life?

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I freely admit that I'm a wee bit thick, but what does the number in brackets mean?  

This is a horse in a Hong Kong race.  Normally, in UK racing, it refers to the weight in lbs that a horse is due to rise in the future, right?  

Screenshot_2021-10-19_at_18_55_33.png.af4ed1919c0bcb61b014d36d5be3f653.png

Can't see this on any race card but 58 is the horse's current rating ...... and it's down to run on Wednesday in race 3, and it's race card number is 2

So maybe that's what 32 is ....... race 3, horse number 2

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

Can't see this on any race card but 58 is the horse's current rating ...... and it's down to run on Wednesday in race 3, and it's race card number is 2

So maybe that's what 32 is ....... race 3, horse number 2

Not sure, look at the card for race 5....

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/396/happy-valley/2021-10-20/796268/

🤔

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 10.15.40.png

I see what you're looking at now ....... not the race card but the Official Ratings details on the racing post site

Yes the number in brackets is FUT which means future rating

So unless it's a printing error it looks like Amazing News is going to drop 26 lbs in the OR, which is a bit unlikely

I wonder if it is a printing error and should be 58(52) ..... ie it's going down 6lbs