Jump to content
Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

GENERAL RACING CHIT CHAT


Recommended Posts

On 4/26/2021 at 3:27 PM, Striker said:

As Kevin Keegan once said "I would Love it".....

If Saffron Beach wins the 1,000 Guineas on Sunday!

As think her trainer Jane Chapple-Hyam is top class and deserves a top group horse to go to war with. One thing certain is this filly would be half her current odds if trained by Gosden/Godolphin etc

12-1?    ...yes please

Ran well to get the place money in 2nd

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all owners , syndicate owners , stable staff , breeders I hope he's stripped of his license completely , you shouldn't make a joke of a tragedy if a Grade 1 or Class 6 horse they all deserve a bit

Noticed that the 2 year old race at Bath today was 'Restricted to Horses in Band D' I've had a look at what this means and it seems that the BHA have redesigned 2 year old maiden and novice races

Love this on so many levels. Educational purposes and also the love the jockey has for the horse. Frodon cam view gold cup.  https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/103267

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2021 at 10:34 PM, Striker said:

Went off at even money and only finished a disappointing  6th

Looked like he didn’t handle the undulating track, and probably more of a factor is the horse is crying out for a middle distance 

Now that the Trainer has had a couple of winners Emporio should run better tomorrow [4.55 Gowran Park]

Opened up at 6-1

Edited by Striker
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, Striker said:

Been watching closely the training career of Donnacha O'Brien who I think as his breeding suggests has a bright future ahead of him

Like that unlike his brother Joseph he is not interested in the jumping game or middle of the road handicappers, its all about quality and its telling that he had no runners from November till last week as he nurtures his yet to race 3 year old's especially .

Think we can expect some of them to turn out very nicely like the colt Shinsengumi, though I did think his Emporio looked a horse to follow this year after finishing all his three races in 2nd

Worth remembering though that his big race wins last season came with fillies, so watch out for Absolutely who they could not believe got beat on her debut and Igraine who gave me the impression she would be stronger this year same as Oh So Fine who is owned by the "lads"

Shinsengumi is thrown into the deep end at Leopardstown (5.15) for his debut tomorrow 

First opening odds of 20-1, so be of interest to see how that price stands up between now and then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, Striker said:

Been watching closely the training career of Donnacha O'Brien who I think as his breeding suggests has a bright future ahead of him

Like that unlike his brother Joseph he is not interested in the jumping game or middle of the road handicappers, its all about quality and its telling that he had no runners from November till last week as he nurtures his yet to race 3 year old's especially .

Think we can expect some of them to turn out very nicely like the colt Shinsengumi, though I did think his Emporio looked a horse to follow this year after finishing all his three races in 2nd

Worth remembering though that his big race wins last season came with fillies, so watch out for Absolutely who they could not believe got beat on her debut and Igraine who gave me the impression she would be stronger this year same as Oh So Fine who is owned by the "lads"

Igraine has her seasonal debut in the last race at Navan today

Looks a good maiden but there are worse bets around than risking a little each way at general 50-1 or 11-1 with nine places at Bet 365

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Striker said:

Igraine has her seasonal debut in the last race at Navan today

Looks a good maiden but there are worse bets around than risking a little each way at general 50-1 or 11-1 with nine places at Bet 365

Never got involved in a race that favored prominent runners, needs 12 furlongs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Possibly best to post under Racing Chat for bets on the current day, though of course advice for ante post seems OK here too.

Striker is doing the right thing by posting it on here.

Why would he post an Ante Post bet on the day the horse races?????

By doing it this way he is allowing people to get their bet on in time, if they so choose.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, Striker said:

Much better run to finish 2nd only beaten by the odds on Fav, with the two of them finishing clear

Despite still being a maiden Emporio runs in the Irish 2,000 Guineas today!

Best way to play is small stakes in the each way extra market [6 places] @ 55-1 with Bet 365

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Striker said:

Despite still being a maiden Emporio runs in the Irish 2,000 Guineas today!

Best way to play is small stakes in the each way extra market [6 places] @ 55-1 with Bet 365

Good luck. I don't like not betting horses in my Tracker, but this would need to improve about 2 stone to have any chance. I cannot get extra places with my bookie and whichever way I look at it, I cannot see it getting first 3. Hopefully you get a draw on it. I will keep my powder dry for when it gets dropped 2 or 3 grades.

I hate backing in these classics on Heavy ground with little soft ground form to go on.

I have had a small bet on Wembley.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Striker. One of Donnacha's just ran a cracker. MASSETO.

Won its maiden and today in a GP3. Stuck behind a wall of horses(not the jockeys finest hour to be honest) then hampered when making progress. Burst through a gap, by which time the winner was already a couple clear. Still a baby, running green, hanging, but ran on well. Winner in waiting right there!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Striker said:

Despite still being a maiden Emporio runs in the Irish 2,000 Guineas today!

Best way to play is small stakes in the each way extra market [6 places] @ 55-1 with Bet 365

WEll done mate. Think it got 5th.

Ran a great race for a maiden!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Striker said:

yes over 10f Santa would have won in my opinion!

It would certainly have been placed.....but beating Snowfall?? Personally I doubt it. But I think Santa has still got plenty of improvement left in her. She was still green in my opinion, running about all over the place.

I listened to FRankie after the race and I thought it relevant that he  said he knew he had the horses in front of him beat and that as he hit the front he was looking to see where Santa Barbara was. He saw there was clear distance between them and kicked on. The further they went the further she won. But at the 2 furlong pole, Snowfall was still going better than anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed the Steve Taplin Memorial race at Haydock today .

Did anyone else used to buy Steve Taplin's books ? ...... every year he brought out a Two Year Olds Of ...... in which he pinpointed a few dozen two year olds who might make a mark in the coming season ...... the well bred sorts with big trainers who might be expected to be contesting group races as the season progressed

It was quite an exciting publication to receive as it whet the appetite for the coming season ... and of course you could look out for these horses making their debuts and follow their progress

Apparently he died in Sept 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, Wanderlust said:

Striker. One of Donnacha's just ran a cracker. MASSETO.

Won its maiden and today in a GP3. Stuck behind a wall of horses(not the jockeys finest hour to be honest) then hampered when making progress. Burst through a gap, by which time the winner was already a couple clear. Still a baby, running green, hanging, but ran on well. Winner in waiting right there!!

Runs today in Coventry Stakes.

I would have preferred a bit of juice in the ground but its 10/1 with WH right now. Got to be decent ew bet

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Striker said:

Emporio will be odds on tomorrow at Listowel to finally get his first win, currently 8-15

Looked in control of the race up the straight but was caught on the post, seems to me the type of horse who would be better in a more competitive race....like tomorrow at Royal Ascot [5pm]

The current 40-1 is worth risking each way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2021 at 4:56 AM, Striker said:

Never got involved in a race that favored prominent runners, needs 12 furlongs

Igraine gets 12f tomorrow night at Leopardstown [7.30] and will be a each way price, currently 10-1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Striker said:

Looked in control of the race up the straight but was caught on the post, seems to me the type of horse who would be better in a more competitive race....like tomorrow at Royal Ascot [5pm]

The current 40-1 is worth risking each way 

Far side horses had no chance today especially if held up like he was

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...