** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

GENERAL RACING CHIT CHAT

Disgusting & undefendable.

Think i read he can transfer horse to another trainer and the can run the horses in Uk.

Imo it has ruined Chelteham and racing in general to a degree, going to be so much bad publictiy coming off this it's only just the start.  

9 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Disgusting & undefendable.

Think i read he can transfer horse to another trainer and the can run the horses in Uk.

Imo it has ruined Chelteham and racing in general to a degree, going to be so much bad publictiy coming off this it's only just the start.  

A lot of good work undone that’s for sure, and yes some horses will move yards which isn’t great preparation for Cheltenham. 

If true that there’s a video circulating of an amateur jockey laughing and joking whilst getting on a dead horse, then things have got a whole lot worse . I won’t mention the jockey . I’ve not heard of him , but would be wrong to mention his name at the minute. 

Edited by Villa Chris

43 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

If true that there’s a video circulating of an amateur jockey laughing and joking whilst getting on a dead horse, then things have got a whole lot worse . I won’t mention the jockey . I’ve not heard of him , but would be wrong to mention his name at the minute. 

Pandora's box goodness  knows what  stuff will come out from the woodwork now. 

6 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/14207585/jockey-rob-james-dead-horse-video/

Cheveley Park have removed their horses.

Envoi Allen to be trained by Henry de Bromhead.

O'Leary will probably stick to his guns, but I have a feeling Elliots horses will not be allowed to run at Chelters, meaning Gigginstown will have to wait for Punchestown next month

16 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Cheveley Park have removed their horses.

Envoi Allen to be trained by Henry de Bromhead.

O'Leary will probably stick to his guns, but I have a feeling Elliots horses will not be allowed to run at Chelters, meaning Gigginstown will have to wait for Punchestown next month

Has Envoi gone there on a permanent basis? 

3 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Has Envoi gone there on a permanent basis? 

I believe so. After yesterdays strong response by them, it doesn't actually surprise me. To be honest, after hearing Elliots ridiculous apology and excuse, I expected it.

8 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I believe so. After yesterdays strong response by them, it doesn't actually surprise me. To be honest, after hearing Elliots ridiculous apology and excuse, I expected it.

Just seen the list of who’s going to Willie Mullins and who’s going to Henry De Bromhead. All a bit of a mess really and just in time for the animal welfare groups who come out in force March/April for their anti Cheltenham/Aintree views . I have noticed a lot of horses dying on track this year but that’s probably because I’m into horse racing more nowadays . They are working animals though, so unfortunately accidents will happen and they are so hard to get right once they break a leg . Either way they deserve to be treated with respect. 

I keep wanting to say isn't all this a bit over the top? Then i sit and think, wait a minute every Saturday i hear all the pundits owners, stable staff, trainers, telling the viewers how much care and love the horses get etc etc the amount of effort that has been put in to counter the loony "ban this cruel sport brigade" and then i think, sorry pal you (Elliott) have pretty much f****d us and the sport you deserve everything you get no matter what punishment they give you.

17 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I keep wanting to say isn't all this a bit over the top? Then i sit and think, wait a minute every Saturday i hear all the pundits owners, stable staff, trainers, telling the viewers how much care and love the horses get etc etc the amount of effort that has been put in to counter the loony "ban this cruel sport brigade" and then i think, sorry pal you (Elliott) have pretty much f****d us and the sport you deserve everything you get no matter what punishment they give you.

I agree with that but I also think about all the staff at the yard, the associated businesses in the area like farriers and horse transport firms, vets etc who depend on the yard .......... I'm thinking if he's forced out of the sport then there's a lot of people and their families who are going to lose their income

OK, the disruption might only be short term if someone else takes over and the staff might get other jobs in the industry but it'll be a very difficult period for a lot of families

Calls for him to be banned permanently from the sport are well OTT . There’s much worse actually going on in horse racing. How many horses are sent to slaughter when they get retired. How many horses that don’t make the grade as a younger horse are sent to slaughter.  He will pay a big price and rightly so, but I hope he learns a big lesson from this. Unfortunately the damage to the sport will take some repairing . It’s not that long ago one or the top jockeys was punching one of the horses to get him to line up . Be interesting to see where Gordon Elliot is in 3-5 years time. He’s still very young. Not saying he’s not put a lot into horse racing but he’s going to have to put a lot more in now .

Edited by Villa Chris

Its going to be very tough for him Chris

https://www.skysports.com/racing/news/12426/12234110/gordon-elliott-dead-horse-photo-sees-irish-trainer-lose-yard-sponsor-ecomm-merchant-solutions

I know  Michael O'Leary  has said he will stick with  him, he needs to if he walks (does an about turn) be hard to see Elliott survive.  If it had a been a stable worker it would have been instant dismisal and  yard enquire then move on but top trainer should no better and the fact he was smiling in the pic makes it  even  worse.

15 hours ago, Trotter said:

I agree with that but I also think about all the staff at the yard, the associated businesses in the area like farriers and horse transport firms, vets etc who depend on the yard .......... I'm thinking if he's forced out of the sport then there's a lot of people and their families who are going to lose their income

OK, the disruption might only be short term if someone else takes over and the staff might get other jobs in the industry but it'll be a very difficult period for a lot of families

Yes the collateral damage ie his staff are going to suffer, and i do agree with @Villa Chris he should not be forced out of the game. its such a shame for all concerned, the hardest part of this to swallow is that it never needed to happen the "mistake" he made was stupid beyond belief but it did highlight his flaws and they wont change, they can only be concealed.

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Yes the collateral damage ie his staff are going to suffer, and i do agree with @Villa Chris he should not be forced out of the game. its such a shame for all concerned, the hardest part of this to swallow is that it never needed to happen the "mistake" he made was stupid beyond belief but it did highlight his flaws and they wont change, they can only be concealed.

Your last sentence is spot on.

He did not make a mistake...Thats who he is.

I see people saying well he can learn from his mistake etc etc. I repeat, he did not make a mistake. Making a mistake is accidentally leaving the stable door open, not sitting on a dead horse, smiling whilst on the phone doing one of these stupid 2 finger salutes. That tells me what he  actually thinks of horses. He does not mistreat them, they have all the most modern facilities and techniques. But that is NOT because he loves horses. He does it because he makes money by training them. It makes sense to look after them to get the best out of them, so all these comments about how well they are taken care of means nothing in ascertaining the character of Elliott.

He is a very good trainer, of that there is no doubt.

If I owned a horse, knowing what I know now, would I send it to him? No way and if I had horses with him, I would immediately remove them.

I do not think he should be banned. What he did is disgraceful, but not enough to stop him from earning a living. He will probably lose half his stable. I reckon the O' Leary's will stay.

He should just stay quiet now. His respect in the racing world as a horse loving person is gone forever. He is still a good trainer. I will still back his horses...but I know what he is and he will never change. You can respect a persons ability at his given profession, whilst at the same time having zero respect for them as a person

10 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I see people saying well he can learn from his mistake etc etc. I repeat, he did not make a mistake. Making a mistake is accidentally leaving the stable door open, not sitting on a dead horse, smiling whilst on the phone doing one of these stupid 2 finger salutes. That tells me what he  actually thinks of horses. He does not mistreat them, they have all the most modern facilities and techniques. But that is NOT because he loves horses. He does it because he makes money by training them. It makes sense to look after them to get the best out of them, so all these comments about how well they are taken care of means nothing in ascertaining the character of Elliott.

If I owned a horse, knowing what I know now, would I send it to him? No way and if I had horses with him, I would immediately remove them.

I do not think he should be banned. What he did is disgraceful, but not enough to stop him from earning a living. He will probably lose half his stable. I reckon the O' Leary's will stay.

He should just stay quiet now. His respect in the racing world as a horse loving person is gone forever. He is still a good trainer. I will still back his horses...but I know what he is and he will never change. You can respect a persons ability at his given profession, whilst at the same time having zero respect for them as a person

I’m struggling with this outlook. I’m sure a lot of us have done things and thought why the bloody hell did I do that . There’s things I’ve done in my past which I won’t do again. Things happen and you try and  learn from them in my experience . Success has probably made it where he doesn’t get attached to his horses , and that’s not a crime , but deep down when you strip all of his success away , he probably loves horses, but definitely takes them for granted . He’ll be punished and rightly so. It will also take a long time to earn respect back in the racing world and that might never happen. 

2 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

I’m struggling with this outlook. I’m sure a lot of us have done things and thought why the bloody hell did I do that . There’s things I’ve done in my past which I won’t do again. Things happen and you try and  learn from them in my experience . Success has probably made it where he doesn’t get attached to his horses , and that’s not a crime , but deep down when you strip all of his success away , he probably loves horses, but definitely takes them for granted . He’ll be punished and rightly so. It will also take a long time to earn respect back in the racing world and that might never happen. 

I would agree with that.

You gotta be so careful now in life as  everyone has a camera on there phone now,  a click then on to socail media . Aparently this was taken a few years ago so is this somebody out to get him  beware of your enemies. 

Edited by Tedthewolf

29 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

I would agree with that.

You gotta be so careful now in life as  everyone has a camera on there phone now,  a click then on to socail media . Aparently this was taken a few years ago so is this somebody out to get him  beware of your enemies. 

I’ve read all kinds about him , from having an affair with a yard girl , to sexual harassment of a yard girl etc etc. It’s definitely was planned because they have waited to release it just before Cheltenham .  You have got to be very careful. Even your phone and Alexa picks up on what you say .

5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Remember Howard Johnson? Similar thing he treated his horses as tools not animals.