Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Jul 10th - 12th

Energetik-BGU vs Ruh Brest

The Belarus Premier League never fails to surprise and, as @Teodore appreciates this morning, you can not always rely on the heavy favourites to do the business for you. In this week's preview, I'm taking in a closely-matched game between Energetik-BGU and Ruh Brest that is scheduled to kick-off at 2:30pm BST on Sunday afternoon from the Haradski Stadium.

Energetik-BGU are still in amongst the leading contenders in the top flight of Belarusian football. Manager Vladimir Belyavskiy has led his team to 4th in the table and they're now just 4 points behind league leaders Shakhtyor Soligorsk with a game in hand. The title race is certainly hotting up now that BATE Borisov have stumbled. Back-to-back wins against Slavia Mozyr and BATE Borisov ended a winless run of 4 league games for Energetik-BGU. That victory over the former league leaders was a huge statement and it now gives the team a great platform to push on and build a title fight. Even though Energetik-BGU's home form this season is solid things have dipped recently with just 1 win in their last 3 home league games. Cautious is advised here.

Ruh Brest continue to punch above their weight in this division. The newly promoted side have put fellow promoted sides Belshina and Smolevichi to shame with their current position of 11th place in the league table. It had looked like the fire had burned out before back-to-back victories over Belshina and Dinamo Minsk put a stop to a winless streak of 6 league games. Still, those two wins were not against the most impressive sides in the division so the jury remains out ahead of this game.

Ruh Brest have drawn 5 of their 8 away matches so they have cracked the ability to grind out points on the road. Energetik-BGU are still not in the same conversation as BATE or Shakhtyor if you ask me. However, I do feel this is a game that the home side should be expecting to win and the odds being given show that even though the bookies are aware it's far from a certainty, it's still worth taking the punt on a home win.

Energetik-BGU to Win @ 2.10 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.72 with Bet365

No bets for me yesterday, maybe just as well as BATE continue to stutter. Only 1 for me today.

Vitebsk v Neman.

Neman are on an incredible winning streak and they can continue it here, I've been impressed with them whenever I've seen them, they carry a real threat on the break. Vitebsk can be decent on their day also and I did consider a draw but with Neman winning the corresponding game earlier in the season, that's tipped it for me.

Neman @ 2.50 - 1pt.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.