Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
York Ebor Festival Tipster Competition : 19th August - 22nd August
Sign in to follow this  
ReyPunter

How someone gets to become "good loser" ?

let me clarify i said "good loser" NOT  big loser

i recently heard someone saying : i never met a successful trader who wasnt a good loser

so who is a good loser?

someone who is not getting  affected or emotional about  a loss

someone who stays detached from the outcome of a trade and keeps trading by his plan/shedule

My question is how to become like this?

how toimprove those skills?

although i have been improved significantly that last years stilll there are times a loss makes me emotional and raising the stakes in trades i didnt plan to involved

Practice and experience. Some of the best gamblers don’t watch the events they bet on or follow how the bets are doing, they just check the result after the event. 

Not everyone has the temperament to be that sort of a gambler though.

The 10,000th loss is easier than the 1,000th one. Should I get that far I’m sure the 100,000th one will be water off a duck’s back!

This is what I do now. None of my bets are in play so there's nothing to be gained from me going through the roller-coaster emotions of a match being played out. I realised this about a month ago lol.

Instead of having my phone with a notification on the app I use for every goal I simply have it set for a half time and full time notification.

I can still look into a game if I feel like it, but like I say it avoids the ups and downs of a match. Much better lol.

13 hours ago, ReyPunter said:

i think the best you can do is to se a stop loss limit per week

Not something I'd ever do. I'd suggest you're betting too much on your selections if you end up "running out" of money by the end of the week. So if you hit the stop loss on Friday (let's assume a Monday to Sunday week) then you can't bet over the weekend even if a couple of excellent opportunities present themselves. Then when Monday rolls around you start betting again if even the selections are more marginal.

Better to have an overall bank and approach to staking that means you can bet whenever a good opportunity presents itself.

Personally I've never really bothered with an overall betting bank, I just track how I'm doing and if I'm losing more than I'm happy with I look to where the losses are occurring and try to eliminate the losing bet types. I can see the merit if you're betting close to what you can afford but I'd still try and do it in such a way that I could bet 7 days a week rather than have days where I'm not "allowed" to bet on strong selections.

Obviously you should only bet money you can afford to lose. Personally the amount I'm actually willing to lose is less than I could afford to lose and the amount the bookies are willing to allow me to stake tends to be somewhere in between!

10 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Not something I'd ever do. I'd suggest you're betting too much on your selections if you end up "running out" of money by the end of the week. So if you hit the stop loss on Friday (let's assume a Monday to Sunday week) then you can't bet over the weekend even if a couple of excellent opportunities present themselves. Then when Monday rolls around you start betting again if even the selections are more marginal.

one can make his selections  for the week and set his loosing boundaries acordingly

also can leave some pts for opportinities

in my opinion a well defined trading plan can be valuable and a savior in the long term

especially for a newby punter