** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1 Predictions > Jul 13th

Oxford vs Wycombe

The League One Play-Off Final is coming up on Monday night with a 7:30pm BST kick-off scheduled at Wembley Stadium between Oxford and Wycombe. It's fantastic to think that one of these two underdog sides coming into this season will be playing Championship football next season but the big question remains? Which team will it be come the final whistle?

Oxford will feel their place in this final is justified having been in 3rd place when the season was suspended. Karl Robinson has done an excellent job at the club since he arrived and they're now one game away from reaching the second tier of English football for the first time since 1999. The U's dispatched of Portsmouth on penalties after two 1-1 draws across their two legged tie in the semi-final. The fact they've also only lost 3 of their 8 matches against sides that finished in the top 7 this season shows they know how to deal with their league rivals.

Wycombe are aiming to play in the second tier of English football for the first time in their history. Former Cardiff player Gareth Ainsworth is the manager and he's doing an impressive job. Their 4-1 win away to Fleetwood in the first leg of their semi-final did the hard work and the 2-2 draw in the second leg sealed the aggregate win. The Chairboys will be relieved to reach this final having entered these play-offs in inconsistent form. They were the biggest beneficiaries of the points-per-game rule having shot up from 8th to 3rd based on that process and they're taking full advantage of it.

What a brilliant opportunity this game is for both of these sides. They could create their own slice of history and it'll just be amazing to have one of these sides playing in the Championship next season. Both managers and sets of players deserve it but only one can win it. I have a feeling we will see a closely fought battle but I do think Oxford's experience in the cup competitions this season could help them deal with the pressure of this one-off occasion. I think a narrow Oxford win is where the money is best placed but I really wish Wycombe and Ainsworth all the best.

Oxford to Win @ 2.10 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.70 with BetVictor