** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday July 8th

Only 3 meetings until the end of the season at Hong Kong , Happy Valley on Sky Sports Racing from 11.45 am , with the jumps horses needing a run & lots of rain forecast most probably lots of non runners on flat ( plus Newbury where I avoid ) it's Hong Kong for me tomorrow ?

Edited by calva decoy

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Only 3 meetings until the end of the season at Hong Kong , Happy Valley on Sky Sports Racing from 11.45 am , with the jumps horses needing a run & lots of rain forecast most probably lots of non runners on flat ( plus Newbury where I avoid ) it's Hong Kong for me tomorrow ?

Don’t forget gulfstream tomorrow night ??

Wasn't to be at Newton Abbot although Bubble O' Clock is certainly one to keep an eye on as he looked the winner when he made his move, but then a lack of match practice seem to tell and he was only 3rd in the end. He was pretty keen in the early stages as well which wouldn't have helped. I was also surprised he was held up and I can see them being more aggressive on him next time maybe over a shorter trip.

Onto Stratford tomorrow and starting with the last race on the card it is no surprise to see Jack Snipe's price tumble. 365's 16/1 didn't last long and he is currently only 5/1, but I still think that is value as he ought to be favourite. He is 5/6 in points after the last couple of years and the one time he was beaten it came in a match at the end of last season when he may well have had enough. He ran in the 4m race at Cheltenham's hunter chase night and he was in the lead until his stamina ran out in a decent race and he ended up pulling up. However he only went off 12/1 for that and this race is certainly worse. He has yet to win over hurdles, but he went really close on a couple of occasions and he hasn't run over them since 2016. We know he stays well which you can't say about some of these and I reckon he will attempt to make all which is often an advantage at Stratford. The 3 horses ahead of him in the betting are all from yards where gambles have to be noted and it wouldn't be the first time a well handicapped pointer has bumped into a Dr Newland runner! Even so a mark of 92 is probably around 10-15lbs on the low side and if he runs to form it will take a good performance to beat him.

Jack Snipe @ 5/1 with Bet365

In the previous race I think it is worth backing Captain Buck's. His trainer reckons he can win a few races with him over the summer and it is easy to see why. He was beaten in his first two points for Rose Loxton including in a match at 1/7, but then on what turned out to be the final day of the pointing season he won over 2m4f and did it well. He's down in grade from when he was last seen under rules which will also help him and as much as you wouldn't say he was massively thrown in based on his pointing form, on his old form he is. He wouldn't be the first horse to rekindle his form after a spell pointing and with his trainer also part owning him you would imagine he thinks he is well handicapped as well.

Captain Buck's @ 5/2 with Bet365

I am an avid punter and a U.K. ex-pat living in Australia and watch horse racing world-wide but I get very frustrated watching the antics loading the barriers at many U.K. meetings. Horses propping like donkeys at entry, over use of blindfolds, pulling tails forward by jockeys and many scratchings at the barrier. Barrier entry in Australia is mainly incident free as it is in South Africa, Hong Kong, France and Japan. Is there a major weakness in U.K. trainers to prepare their horses for barrier entry.

Edited by AussieFrank

Let's give Happy Valley one last try :- 

1145 - Kwaichung Brothers @ 16-1 ew -  lost

1215 - Space @ 16-1 ew - Placed 3rd

1245 - Sky Treasure @ 25-1 ew (Hills 4p) - lost

1315 - Kwai Chung Elite @ 7-1 ew - lost

1345 - Excellent Chariot @ 5-2 - lost

1415 - Authentic Champ @ 16-1 ew - lost

1445 - Little Bird @ 5-1 / Sunset Watch @ 14-1 ew (Hills 4p) - 2nd / lost

1515 - Grateful Heart @ 12-1 ew (Hills 4p) - lost

1550 - Toycoon @ 6-1 / Lightning Steed @ 9-1 ew (Skybet 4p) - 4th / 2nd 

Yep, still useless at Happy Valley :cry

Edited by LeMale

No Multiple bet today; I don't even like the look of the short priced favourites

Some single bets though:

1.20 Stra Mighty Meg 50p win at 11/1
1.50 Stra Czech Her Out 50p win at 22/1
2.10 Rip Benadalid £1 win at 11/2 (at least it has proven recent form)
3.50 Stra Flying Verse £1 win at 4/1 Remains to be seen if Paul Nicholls can finally get Captain Bucks to win)
3.50 Stra Play The Ace £1 win at 8/1
5.40 Newb Rasheeq £1 win at 13/2
5.40 Newb Buccaneers Vault £1 win at 17/2 (why take 4/1 for Normandy Barriere when Buccaneers Vault is so closely matched)

£6 Total win bets

Just one winner today at 22/1, can't believe that Czech Her Out got backed into 8/1 SP.  Anyway outlay = £6.00 Return = £11.50 hence a £5.50 profit on the day

Single balance C/fwd £386.55 (£400 Bank)

Multiples balance B/fwd £648.04 (Bank £800)

Edited by The Equaliser

1 hour ago, AussieFrank said:

I am an avid punter and a U.K. ex-pat living in Australia and watch horse racing world-wide but I get very frustrated watch the antics loading the barriers at many U.K. meetings. Horses propping like donkeys at entry, over use of blindfolds, pulling tails forward by jockeys and many scratchings at the barrier. Barrier entry in Australia is mainly incident free as it is in South Africa, Hong Kong, France and Japan. Is there a major weakness in U.K. trainers to prepare their horses for barrier entry.

@AussieFrank

Moved into the daily Racing Chat thread:ok

A couple of J.Bethells been backed at Ripon

140- Stockbridge Tap 10/3 in from 9/2 bet 3652nd

340- Abbotside 4/1 in from 7/1 bet 365 ( missed the each way value ☹️ )  2nd ?

One of my favourite days out racing takes place tomorrow , The Dante , weird being on AFTER the Derby but hey ho , ENCIPHER 12/1 each way bet 365 Godden / Dettori love this race ?

Edited by calva decoy
Results update

Todays handicaps - later races to follow -

Ripon            12.35    War Of Clans                18/1ew
Ripon              2.10    Sameem                        5/2
Ripon              2.10    Benadalid                     11/2ew
Ripon              2.40    Alfred Richardson          8/1ew
Stratford          3.20    Solstalla                       11/2ew
Stratford          3.50    Play The Ace               11/1ew
Stratford          3.50    Flying Verse                   7/2
Bellewstown    1.00    Bentham                        7/4
Bellewstown    2.30    Castlehume                 40/1ew
Bellewstown    2.30    Important Message       13/8
Bellewstown    3.30    Roi De Dubai                 7/1ew
Bellewstown    3.30    Jarob                            20/1ew
Bellewstown    4.00    Sizing Malbay              14/1ew

Later handicaps -

Newbury            5.40    Rasheeq                       7/1ew
Newbury            6.40    Jackpot Royale           33/1ew
Gowran Park     6.55    Scorpion Black            16/1ew
Gowran Park     6.55    Lady In Lavender        28/1ew
Gowran Park     7.25    Tennessee Wildcat       4/1ew

13 hours ago, AussieFrank said:

I am an avid punter and a U.K. ex-pat living in Australia and watch horse racing world-wide but I get very frustrated watching the antics loading the barriers at many U.K. meetings. Horses propping like donkeys at entry, over use of blindfolds, pulling tails forward by jockeys and many scratchings at the barrier. Barrier entry in Australia is mainly incident free as it is in South Africa, Hong Kong, France and Japan. Is there a major weakness in U.K. trainers to prepare their horses for barrier entry.

Yes, one benefit of watching USA racing is how quickly they load.

Another very poor day today - this could be on it's last legs soon if no improvement soon -

Ripon              12.35    War Of Clans                18/1ew---------lost
Ripon                2.10    Sameem                         5/2------------lost
Ripon                2.10    Benadalid                     11/2ew---------lost
Ripon                2.40    Alfred Richardson          8/1ew---------lost
Stratford            3.20    Solstalla                       11/2ew---------2nd 9/2
Stratford            3.50    Play The Ace               11/1ew---------lost
Stratford            3.50    Flying Verse                   7/2-----------2nd 15/8 fav
Bellewstown      1.00    Bentham                        7/4-----------1st 11/10 fav
Bellewstown      2.30    Castlehume                 40/1ew---------lost
Bellewstown      2.30    Important Message      13/8-----------3rd 5/4 fav
Bellewstown      3.30    Roi De Dubai                7/1ew---------2nd 9/1
Bellewstown      3.30    Jarob                           20/1ew---------lost
Bellewstown      4.00    Sizing Malbay             14/1ew---------lost
Newbury            5.40    Rasheeq                       7/1ew---------lost
Newbury            6.40    Jackpot Royale           33/1ew---------lost
Gowran Park     6.55    Scorpion Black           16/1ew---------lost
Gowran Park     6.55    Lady In Lavender        28/1ew---------lost
Gowran Park     7.25    Tennessee Wildcat       4/1ew---------lost