** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday July 4th

Haydock 

12.30  , Blazing Hot 9/4

2.40 , Kryptos  4/1,  Oasis Prince 9/1

4.25, Arch Moon 7/2

Epsom 

3.00,   You’re Hired 11/1ew

4.55, Mohican Heights 16/1 ew 

5.35,   Corazon Espinado 8/1, Reputation 10/1

Edited by Villa Chris

6 Bets for Saturday
100pts staked @ B365

Date time  Meeting Horse Ret odds Stake
04/07/20 13.00 Hayd Redrosezorro 5.00 11.79
04/07/20 13.50 Epsom Modern News 3.25 18.14
04/07/20 14.25 Epsom Safe Voyage 2.20 26.79
04/07/20 17.55 Yarm Hidden Sky 3.50 16.84
04/07/20 19.40 Chelm Arafi 5.50 10.72
04/07/20 20.10 Chelm Cityzen Serg 3.75 15.72

1 winner 59pts ish so 2 required for profit :hope
:ok

Edited by Valiant Thor

I'm looking forward to some more cracking action in Australia over the weekend and hoping to build on last weeks fantastic showing. On Saturday we have winter finals day at Flemington which looks a tough card, but I have bets in 3 races there. Randwick is the Sydney meeting this week and I have bets in 5 races there. Also on Sunday there is top class jumping action at Warrnambool and I will be previewing that tomorrow. Not time for massive previews but here are my tips and brief thoughts.

Flemington R2 (3.25am)

Ex UK horse Lord Belvedere was a big price winner for us a couple of weeks ago and although he's nowhere near that price tomorrow I think he can win again. He was strong in the finish that day and he looks like he has been building up nicely for this contest as his main target of the prep.The 2nd Chapada is weighted to reverse form and he is clearly a danger, but he may already have peaked this prep so I am sticking with Lord Belvedere.

Lord Belvedere @ 9/4 with William Hll

Flemington R5 (5.10am)

I don't think Rich Charm would have won a couple of weeks ago in the race won by I Am Someone, but he had no luck in running at all inside the final 200m and he ran much better than 9th of 11 suggests. That was over 1100m and going back up to 1200m is ideal for him. This is his 3rd run of the prep and he is 4/4 3rd up and granted more luck in running I think he can make it win number 10.

Rich Charm @ 9/2 with William Hill

Flemington R8 (7.05am)

The main race on the card and it is very competitive. Heptagon has a big chance of gaining another win, but I have left him out in favour of 3 against the field. Plein Ciel is the other one at the head of the market and he dead heated with Shot Of Irish. I put him up that day as he was showing like he was returning to his best form having been under par for a bit. He looks set to peak here and he ought to go very close.

Reykjavik won over course and distance in May and he looked good in beating Shot Of Of Irish. He was also in the Moonee Valley race mentioned above and he was 5th, but it was a total forget run as he had no cover and it was hard to come from behind that day. He's better than that and is overpriced. 

Moss 'N' Dale has a shocking 1st up record, but he ran a huge race 1st up a month ago over 1400m here. That bodes well for this run especially as he is 4/6 2nd up. This clearly has been a target and again he looks a big price.

Plein Ciel @ 9/2 with Betfair

Reykjavik @ 16/1 with Betway (4 places)

Moss 'N' Dale @ 22/1 with Betway (4 places)

Randwick R4 (4.20am)

Mr Dependable had a poor draw last time and had to have plenty of use made of him to get across to the rail to make the running. He was caught late on which wasn't a surprise, but it was clearly a huge run. He is now 3rd up and has drawn nicely in 4. The slight doubt is the trip in the ground, but as long as his jockey gets the fraction right in front then I think he will see it out and will be hard to beat.

Mr Dependable @ 7/5 with Bet365

Randwick R5 (4.55am)

I was tempted by Lashes but she was disappointing last time and although there there was a bit of an excuse I still thought it was a poor run. I like the chances of Longbottom who has been really consistent this prep. Since coming to Sydney he has been 2nd, 3rd and 3rd. He deserves to win a race again and to me this looks a winnable contest. If he runs to form he should be in the finish over his best trip on ground he enjoys.

Longbottom @ 6/1 with Betfair

Randwick R7 (6.10am)

Threeood was given a ride which saw James McDonald pick up a ban a couple of weeks, but I tought she didn't really get the run of the race. It was her first poor run this prep and clearly the stable are happy to have another go. Her form is strong prior to that and she can bounce back.

I am having an e/w saver on High Low Bet whose form figures since a Warwick Farm win in March don't look great, but she actually ran the quickest last 600m of the race last time when finishing 7th. She didn't settle that day either so to quicken the way she did was promoising. McEvoy is back on again and she is up to winning this.

Threeood @ 4/1 with William Hill

High Low Bet e/w @ 14/1 with everyone

Randwick R8 (6.50am)

I am pretty keen on Handspun here. He got awful luck late on at Rosehill last time and was still 9th at the 400m marker. It took to around 250m for him to get a clear run and even then it wasn't the clearest. Only the winner had a better last 600m and last 200m than him and he is drawn a lot better today so hopefully he will settle a bit close to the pace and get a clear run.

Handspun @ 100/30 with William Hill

Randwick R9 (7.30am)

Selection now a N/R

Todays trixie

3.40 Eps Love 5/4
4.25 Hd Arch Moon 5/2  £2 Win
6.10 Chelm Cressida 3/1 £2 win

one £1 win trixie = £4 v £62.38

=  Total £8 staked

Love won well but no bet as less than 2/1

No other win so £4 loss on singles and £4 loss on multiples

Singles balance C/Fwd = £389.05 (£400 Bank)

Multiples balance C/Fwd = £656.04 (£800 Bank)

Lovely day's racing spectacle though

Edited by The Equaliser
Results update

I like the look of Mohican Heights  as an EW shot in the Derby. Finished 3rd in the 'King Edward' at Ascot on seasonal debut, held up at the back and running on in the last couple of furlongs. 

The winner was Pyledriver who re-opposes today but had the advantage of a recent run at Ascot

My selection would appear to have bundles of stamina in his pedigree so a strongly run race would suit, which the Derby usually is. His sire won the Derby and Irish Derby, his Damsire won the Derby ....... impeccable breeding !

I can see my horse eating up the ground in the home straight !

Epsom 4.55 - Mohican Heights - EW at 16/1 bog bet365

(his best price has come down from 20/1 whilst I've been typing!)

I always look for previous distance winners in the Derby , with English King & Pyledriver ticking boxes wasn't going to have a bet but Sky are offering cash back if horse finishes 2nd , 3rd or 4th so despite the poor draw in stall 1 I think English King at 4/1 is a good shout .

In the Oaks , once again proven at the trip but no value imo , Frankly Darling looks a good thing to follow up from Ascot win though with this tip & the above A.P.O'Brien leaving Epsom empty handed , hmmmm , note of caution ?

Todays handicaps - later races to follow -

Haydock         12.00    Motahassen                   6/1ew
Haydock         12.30    Triple Spear                   4/1ew
Haydock          2.40    Oasis Prince                 10/1ew
Haydock          2.40    Club Wexford                18/1ew
Epsom             3.00    Mr Scaramanger           22/1ew
Epsom             3.00    Data Protection             12/1ew
Epsom             5.35    Corazon Espinado          9/1ew
Epsom             5.35    Hateya                            6/1ew
Naas                3.05    Doonard Prince            13/2ew

1.00 HAY- E/W LADY CALCARIA 91 looks a cracking e/w bet in this  ground didnt suilt lto but will have blown the cobwebs away on a very attractive mark looks sure to run a big race on this soft ground lto and has got  to go close in this C5 race. imho.

Later handicaps -

Bellewstown    3.20    Mister Butler              11/1ew
Bellewstown    5.00    Pass Hymn                11/1ew
Bellewstown    5.30    Ming Dynasty            14/1ew
Bellewstown    5.30    Effernock Fizz           10/1ew
Chelmsford     6.10    Dear Power               16/1ew
Chelmsford     7.10    Quick Breath                7/2
Chelmsford     7.40    Luna Wish                 16/1ew
Yarmouth        5.20    Voi                                9/4
Yarmouth        8.25    Herringswell                9/2ew

4.25 Hay - ITS GOOD TO LAUGH 7/1 e/w  Trainer in good form good jockey booked hors is in good form looks worth an e/w bet in this.

2.40 HAY YOUR FIRED E/W 50/1 4P 1/5 odds You all know i like  my big priced horse but i would''nt put them up for the sake of it  and i have but this 7yo who is outsider of the pack up for a few reasons,  he is  decent on his  day, goes on soft good record here,  and  and certainly worth a   older horse have been running well on turf  sice the  start  back from covtd  and  worh a couple of quid e/w at a massive price  is also available 66/1 1/4 for 3 places 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I like the look of Mohican Heights  as an EW shot in the Derby. Finished 3rd in the 'King Edward' at Ascot on seasonal debut, held up at the back and running on in the last couple of furlongs. 

The winner was Pyledriver who re-opposes today but had the advantage of a recent run at Ascot

My selection would appear to have bundles of stamina in his pedigree so a strongly run race would suit, which the Derby usually is. His sire won the Derby and Irish Derby, his Damsire won the Derby ....... impeccable breeding !

I can see my horse eating up the ground in the home straight !

Epsom 4.55 - Mohican Heights - EW at 16/1 bog bet365

(his best price has come down from 20/1 whilst I've been typing!)

I was umming and ahing whether to pick Mohican Heights (16/1) but I sided with Max Vega (40/1) purely because it's been on my ATR Tracker since last year. 

A P O' Brien has a knack of getting big price placers and the one I'd back is Serpentine (22/1)

These three in a combination forecast would be a fun bet :D

3.00 EP DOLPIN VISTA 28/1 5p 1/5 - Looks the e/w value in the race ran over to far lto for new trainer on a very decent mark  ran well in a group race in france at start of year.

5.35 EP MEDIEVAL 12/1 4P 1/5-  Not won for long time and would have liked a bigger price  but has  good form last year and if fit to go on first eun back should put up a bold show.

3 hours ago, MrJol said:

I was umming and ahing whether to pick Mohican Heights (16/1) but I sided with Max Vega (40/1) purely because it's been on my ATR Tracker since last year. 

A P O' Brien has a knack of getting big price placers and the one I'd back is Serpentine (22/1)

These three in a combination forecast would be a fun bet :D

Haha!

well done, terrific ......... ?

What a marvellous performance from Aiden O'Brien with yet another Derby winner.  And three cheers for Tom Marquand for getting second after being jocked off English King by Ed Walker ?

LAY BETS FOR TODAY

6.25 Yar Songkran £21.10 @ 2.16 = £20 v £24.50 liability
7.55 Yar Harlow £21.10 @ 2.96 = £20 v £41.40 liability
8.25 Yar In the Red £21.10 @ 4.3 = 320 v £69.60 liability

This is a trial and my actual bets are £2.11 stakes.  The £21.10 is what I aspire to in the future if all goes well

Songkran won by a head which was a nuisance.  I thought that this race came too soon for the horse.  Anyway the other two lost, Harlow coming second

P/L = -£24.50 + £20 + £20 = + £15.50

B/Fwd = + £13 +£15.50 = £28.50

I did avoid a couple of horses that won their races; let's hope I get a bit better at choosing losers.  I will keep to laying favourites or near favourites for the rest of the month and if this doesn't work out right I will look to the second/third/fourth favourites.  The liability is much higher of course if I do so.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results update

On 7/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, Valiant Thor said:

6 Bets for Saturday
100pts staked @ B365

Date time  Meeting Horse Ret odds Stake
04/07/20 13.00 Hayd Redrosezorro 5.00 11.79
04/07/20 13.50 Epsom Modern News 3.25 18.14
04/07/20 14.25 Epsom Safe Voyage 2.20 26.79
04/07/20 17.55 Yarm Hidden Sky 3.50 16.84
04/07/20 19.40 Chelm Arafi 5.50 10.72
04/07/20 20.10 Chelm Cityzen Serg 3.75 15.72

1 winner 59pts ish so 2 required for profit :hope
:ok

04/07/20 13.00 Hayd Redrosezorro 3rd  
04/07/20 13.50 Epsom Modern News 2nd  
04/07/20 14.25 Epsom Safe Voyage W  
04/07/20 17.55 Yarm Hidden Sky nowhere  
04/07/20 19.40 Chelm Arafi nowhere  
04/07/20 20.10 Chelm Cityzen Serg 3rd  

100 Staked
58.98 returned
Loss 41.06 :\

Terrible day with no winners and only a couple of places -

Haydock         12.00    Motahassen                    6/1ew--------3rd 8/1
Haydock         12.30    Triple Spear                    4/1ew--------3rd 4/1
Haydock           2.40    Oasis Prince                 10/1ew--------lost
Haydock           2.40    Club Wexford                18/1ew--------lost
Epsom              3.00    Mr Scaramanger           22/1ew--------lost
Epsom              3.00    Data Protection             12/1ew--------4th 16/1
Epsom              5.35    Corazon Espinado          9/1ew--------lost
Epsom              5.35    Hateya                            6/1ew--------lost
Naas                 3.05    Doonard Prince             13/2ew-------lost
Bellewstown     3.20    Mister Butler                  11/1ew--------lost
Bellewstown     5.00    Pass Hymn                    11/1ew--------lost
Bellewstown     5.30    Ming Dynasty                14/1ew--------lost
Bellewstown     5.30    Effernock Fizz               10/1ew--------lost
Chelmsford       6.10    Dear Power                  16/1ew--------lost
Chelmsford       7.10    Quick Breath                  7/2------------lost
Chelmsford       7.40    Luna Wish                    16/1ew--------lost
Yarmouth          5.20    Voi                                  9/4------------lost
Yarmouth          8.25    Herringswell                   9/2ew--------lost