** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L2 Predictions > Jun 29th

Exeter vs Northampton

The League 2 Play-Off Final is here and you'd be forgiven for thinking we might not have ever got here. Well played to Exeter and Northampton for reaching this stage and I'm sure it's going to be strange for them to be playing behind closed doors at Wembley tonight in a 7:30pm BST kick-off. Who will win and earn promotion to League One for next season... whenever that may start?!

Exeter completed an impressive turnaround from their first leg 1-0 defeat to Colchester by winning 3-1 after extra-time last week. Goals from Aaron Martin, Jayden Richardson, and Ryan Bowman sealed the victory. The club is now just a potential 90 minutes away from joining their local rivals Plymouth in getting promoted this season. Credit must go to manager Matt Taylor for taking the club to this stage. The Grecians have only managed 1 win in their last 7 matches in all competitions and that included a 2-0 loss to Northampton. This will be Exeter third trip to Wembley in four seasons having suffered defeat on the previous two occasions. Third time lucky?

Northampton pulled off one of their finest results last week when they overturned a 2-0 deficit from their first leg at home against Cheltenham to win 3-0 in the second leg away and progress with a 3-2 aggregate win. Goals from Vadaine Oliver and Callum Morton confirmed the shock win. The win made the Cobblers the first team since 2007 to overturn a first leg two-goal deficit in the Football League Play-Offs. Manager Keith Curle will be hoping to lay his own ghost to rest having been the manager of Carlisle back in 2017 when Exeter knocked his side out of the League Two Play-Offs Semi-Finals with a last minute winner.

The head-to-head meetings between these two don't read well for Exeter with Northampton having only lost 1 of the previous 9 encounters and winning 6 of them. I'm expecting a typically tight affair and I wouldn't be surprised if it's settled by a single goal. I want to back Exeter to get that victory but Northampton pulled off a miracle result last week so they simply can't be ruled out. I'm wondering if the emotional impact of extra-time last week could have a slight impact on Exeter. Ultimately though, I can't call it so I'm going for the draw over 90 minutes.

Draw @ 3.20 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.62 with BetVictor

Being a Cobbler, I expect a route one set up, and goals and both ends.

My normal Cobblers correct score bet for home games is 4-1, typically at 33/1 usually makes a profit each season (only need one in 23 matches).

As its Wembley in strange times, I will shoot for the moon and back  me beloved team 4-1 at 90/1 with VC Bet..(was backed last week by me)...

Also backed 

2-0 HT to 4-1 FT @ 180/1 to Cobbs

Sammy Hoskins 1st goal and Cobbs 4-1 @ 170/1..

For me its my team so all bets are ...with the heart..

Cobbs are bullies, The Grecians are a smaller team, tonight's weather will be good for a high ball lucky game.

Edited by Land Afar