** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday June 23rd

345 bev 

Interesting race from rating perspectives this one ....

Class ratings are,as follows 

Colony queen   70 70 41 

Northern lyte 45 45 42

Knowing  38 38 39 

Colony queens last race was unsuitable all weather ...now returns to turf so lack lustre previous 41 could be forgiven in theory and if can run anywhere near previous turf class ratings then would be a class above these....northern lyte looks the danger ...ultra consistent in this class the step back up to 10f should suit .... when you consider both the above are available at 7.0 and 8.2 on betfair thinking we can agree that's fantastic value 

Colony queen 10pts win 7.0 betfair 

Northern lyte 10pts win 8.2 betfair 

14 hours ago, Trotter said:

Tuesday's all aged handicap selections

Bev

4.15 - Ideal Candy 6/1
4.45 - Vampish 13/8

Chep

5.40 - Equipped 4/1 and Desert Land 9/2
6.40 - Sonnetina 11/2
7.40 - Limelighter 13/8 and Mabo 5/1

Kemp

5.55 - Sepahi 4/1
7.25 - River Dawn 7/2 and Crystal Casque 13/2

prices bet365 bog

Good luck , Ideal Candy was 14/1 with bet 365 opening show , unfortunately I missed that but got 8's , K.Tutty has good LSP at course & only runner on card !

Power of States 3.45 Beverley (0.5 pts ew)

Likely improvement from being gelded expected today. Blinkers and tongue strap on first time up this season, indicating connections are trying with him today. Two good bits of form last year, Kashagan who was just in front of him at Thirsk In August has since came out and won and is now rated 6 lbs higher and Doctor Cross who just a nose behind at Newmarket in July has also won since.

Todays handicaps -

Beverley                  3.45    Northern Lyte                15/2ew
Beverley                  3.45    Delph Crescent             12/1ew
Beverley                  4.15    Dutch Coed                   20/1ew
Beverley                  4.15    Zihaam                          10/3
Beverley                  4.15    Ideal Candy                    9/2ew
Beverley                  4.45    Vampish                          5/2
Beverley                  4.45    Flower Power               16/1ew
Navan                      2.00    Blastofmagic                  9/2ew
Navan                      2.00    Doonard Prince            14/1ew
Navan                      4.00    Walking On Glass           7/2
Chepstow                4.35    Aquadabra                      9/1ew
Chepstow                4.35    Atty’s Edge                    11/1ew
Chepstow                5.40    Somewhere Secret         7/1ew
Chepstow                5.40    Equipped                       11/2ew
Chepstow                6.10    Gambon                          8/1ew
Chepstow                6.40    Peachey Carnehan        11/4
Chepstow                7.40    Tally’s Son                     28/1ew
Chepstow                8.10    Guardia Top                  16/1ew
Kempton                  5.55    Magicinthemaking        12/1ew
Kempton                  5.55    Englishman                    9/2ew
Kempton                  7.25    Crystal Casque            11/1ew
Kempton                  7.25    Roller                             6/1ew
Kempton                  7.25    Kingston Kurrajong      11/2ew
Kempton                  8.25    Muraaqeb                    11/1ew
Kempton                  8.55    Camouflaged                 6/1ew

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

345 bev 

Colony queen   70 70 41 

Northern lyte 45 45 42

Knowing  38 38 39 

Colony queens last race was unsuitable all weather ...now returns to turf so lack lustre previous 41 could be forgiven in theory and if can run anywhere near previous turf class ratings then would be a class above these....northern lyte looks the danger ...ultra consistent in this class the step back up to 10f should suit .... when you consider both the above are available at 7.0 and 8.2 on betfair thinking we can agree that's fantastic value 

Only just wins ....but a wins a win !!...colony queen 

I took the day off yesterday as it was my 39th wedding anniversary (no chance of parole) so no published bets.  One thing I would like to mention was the 4.15 Ayr where Queens Gift trained by Michael Dodds was backed into 13/8 favourite.  Paul Mulrennan chose to ride Que Amoro (also a Michaerl Dodds runner) having ridden Queens Gift in its previous race.  For the life of me I could not see why Queen's Gift could be made favourite.  In my drunken stupor I laid Queen's Gift and in the run up to the race its price just got shorter and shorter.  As it dis so I just kept laying more money on it (not a very good idea but, hey that's my problem I have to get over).  I know that the big boys make their profit no matter which horse wins but I just can't understand how the market would focus on Queen's Gift being backed in so short.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Scratching around for bets today as the best racing in the UK amounts to at its best Class 4 action.

4.15 Bev Zihaam £2 at 7/2
5..55 Km Sepahi £1.50 at 10/3
6.10 Chep Marshall Dan £2 win at 4.2
One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss 137.92 return

4.15 Bev Bollihope 50p win at 16/1 (PL tip)
5.55 Km Big Larchi £1.50 win at 10/3
6.10 Chep Kitcatrina £1 win at 6/1 (PL Tip)
7.25 Km Roller £1 win at 6/1 (Up 6lbs, up in class and a price drifter)
7.25 Km Kingston Kurrajong £1 win at 11/2

£10.50 stakes on single win bets

£4 win multiple bet

£14.50 staked

23 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

It drifted back out just before the off too. 

I've programmed the spreadsheet to high lite more of these class ratings  in the future...the last 3 for each horse ... so hopefully it will find a few more over the coming weeks ....normally it does it in the background but it's got it's own column now .....should be especially interesting in the big hcaps hopefully ...might throw up some big winners with any luck ...I'm particuly interested in horses that have run 2 class ratings the same level as this Frank's the horses form at that level ...one could be an anomaly...2 is a definite benchmark 

Edited by richard-westwood

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

345 bev 

Colony queen   70 70 41 

Northern lyte 45 45 42

Knowing  38 38 39 

Great winner with Colony Queen? Nice to find someone who understands ratings; I can't make head nor tail of them.

Legion of Honour 2.10 Haydock Wednesday (2 pts win)

9/2 opened up currently with bet365. Expected to be backed before tomorrow due to this horse working extremely well. Varians in flying form and has a few good 2 year old yardsticks to work legion of honour alongside, expect a bold show. If not too green then should win, with the favourite penalised. If you get 9/2 you can always go each way for your money back first 3.

4s at paddys, snap it up

On 6/22/2020 at 7:43 PM, Trotter said:

Tuesday's all aged handicap selections

Bev

4.15 - Ideal Candy 6/1
4.45 - Vampish 13/8

Chep

5.40 - Equipped 4/1 and Desert Land 9/2
6.40 - Sonnetina 11/2
7.40 - Limelighter 13/8 and Mabo 5/1 (NON RUNNER)

Kemp

5.55 - Sepahi 4/1
7.25 - River Dawn 7/2 (NON RUNNER) and Crystal Casque 13/2 (WON 11/1)

prices bet365 bog

Couple of non runner stakes returned and a nice winner which drifted in the market gave me a small profit on the day

today - stakes 8.00 return 12.00 P/L + 4.00

running totals - stakes 91.00, P/L - 2.12

For the third time in the space of a week I have been denied a Trixie.  Never mind I am getting closer to it.

Two winners yielded a double with a return of £18.75 therefore a £14.75 profit.  Balance C/Fwd £637.23 (£800 Bank)

Two singles winners yielded a return of £15.08 therefore a £4.58 profit.  Balance C/Fwd = £375.98 (£400 Bank)

Definitely emerging well from Lockdown ?

Unlucky with a few just run out of places leaving a small loss on the day -

Beverley                   3.45    Northern Lyte            15/2ew-----------lost
Beverley                   3.45    Delph Crescent          12/1ew----------lost
Beverley                   4.15    Dutch Coed                20/1ew----------lost
Beverley                   4.15    Zihaam                        10/3------------1st 11/4
Beverley                   4.15    Ideal Candy                  9/2ew---------2nd 7/2
Beverley                   4.45    Vampish                        5/2------------2nd 11/4
Beverley                   4.45    Flower Power              16/1ew---------lost
Navan                      2.00    Blastofmagic                  9/2ew---------lost
Navan                      2.00    Doonard Prince            14/1ew---------4th 14/1
Navan                      4.00    Walking On Glass           7/2------------1st 3/1
Chepstow                4.35    Aquadabra                      9/1ew---------lost
Chepstow                4.35    Atty’s Edge                    11/1ew---------lost
Chepstow                5.40    Somewhere Secret         7/1ew---------lost
Chepstow                5.40    Equipped                       11/2ew---------lost
Chepstow                6.10    Gambon                          8/1ew---------3rd 12/1
Chepstow                6.40    Peachey Carnehan        11/4------------lost
Chepstow                7.40    Tally’s Son                     28/1ew---------lost
Chepstow                8.10    Guardia Top                  16/1ew---------lost
Kempton                  5.55    Magicinthemaking        12/1ew---------3rd 11/1
Kempton                  5.55    Englishman                    9/2ew---------lost
Kempton                  7.25    Crystal Casque            11/1ew---------1st 11/1
Kempton                  7.25    Roller                              6/1ew---------lost
Kempton                  7.25    Kingston Kurrajong       11/2ew---------lost
Kempton                  8.25    Muraaqeb            11/1ew---------lost
Kempton                  8.55    Camouflaged             6/1ew---------lost