** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday June 22nd

2 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Jump racing back at Limerick!!

Roll on July 1st for our NH season to kick off at Southwell.

5 meetings, usual Monday menu at Windsor

Nap: 730 W: Coquette 5/4 bet365

Nb: 310 A: Be Proud 5/2 bet365

Others
415 A: Queens Gift 9/4 bet365
455 Th: Robeam EW 8/1 bet365
700 W: Fiery Breath 5/1 bet365

:ok

Do you prefer the jumps to the flat Billy ?

Far more consistent imo , 3-5% regularly win on the flat & 5-7% on the jumps , or that used to be the stats !

I'll be looking forward to Dan Skelton's syndicate wearing Brazil type silks , did me a few good turns last Summer ?

Today's all aged handicap selections

In an effort to cut down the number I'm only including races where the system produces a maximum of 3 in a race and one can be easily discounted for any reason to leave me one or two

See how this goes ...... I'll keep toying with this until the end of the month then maybe think of something different !

Thirsk

1.15 - Tangled 6/1 and Zap 5/1
2.20 - Strawberry Jack 8/1 and Kylie Rules 8/1
3.20 - Gabriel The One 4/1 and Groveman 4/1
4.55 - Robeam 5/1

Ayr

2.40 - Lincoln Red 11/8
3.40 - Eeh Bah Gum 4/1 and National Anthem 8/1

Windsor

7.00 - Fiery Breath 7/2 and Our Man In Havana 5/1

1.15 Thirsk - 2pts win Zap @ 5/1 Bet365

Really sweet on Richard Fahey's charge here who has come down the handicap to a very pleasing mark which also allows him to run in a 0-80 race for the first time in his career. Put in a pleasing reappearance run when staying on from the rear at Doncaster, when not given a particularly hard ride (jockey didn't use the whip at all) and that was in a better race than this. Has dropped a further 2lbs in the handicap and should come on for the run. Conditions fine and if he gets a decent pace to run off (there are 3 or 4 front runners in this), can stay on late to score.

2.20 Thirsk - 1pt e/w Donncha @ 16/1 Bet365

Doesn't win very often and have to take a chance on him being ready for this after a break for a small yard but is down to a very appealing mark on some excellent runs in big field, high quality handicaps, including the back end of last year. Enjoys big fields with a decent pace, which is more up his street than his last run at Wolverhampton when running with plenty of credit (7f, slowly away, leaders got first run but kept on well to be a never nearer 4th at big odds in a good race). Has gone well fresh before and at this price is definitely worth chancing e/w as if he's anywhere near ready to roll, has a better than a 16/1 chance. 

2.50 Thirsk - 1pt e/w Don't Be Surprised @ 10/1 Bet365

Worryingly weak in the market (especially as it's the same trainer as Donncha!) but on the off chance it's nothing to worry about, 10/1 again really appeals. It may go down as a day where we should have just watched these returning runners from this yard but they're too big a prices to ignore. The first thing I noticed about this race was there was a lot of pace in it, especially those towards the head of the market so I want something that will sit off it and come from behind - this horse looks spot on for it and was in decent form when last seen, including running well in similar races off 5lbs higher last summer. If he's fit 10/1 is crazy so we'll take the chance given the potential returns.

3.20 Thirsk - 2pts win Grandee @ 7/2 Bet365

Really solid reappearance run when 3rd at Newmarket last time (winner has won again since), staying on from the rear and he's down to a handy mark on some really solid runs in grade 2 handicaps last season. This is an ease in grade for him on most of his runs and although staying further than this, if he gets a decent pace to go at, should be able to outclass and outstay these at the finish.

Todays selections -

Ayr                    2.40    Jessie Allan                   10/1ew
Ayr                    3.10    Raspberry                     12/1ew
Ayr                    3.40    Tanasoq                         11/1ew
Ayr                    5.20    Club Wexford                  5/1ew
Ayr                    5.50    Daawy                           10/1ew
Ayr                    5.50    Nicholas T                       9/1ew
Thirsk                1.15    Proud Archi                   12/1ew
Thirsk                1.15    Suitcase ‘N’ Taxi           33/1ew
Thirsk                2.20    Queen’s Sargent             9/2ew
Thirsk                2.20    Kylie Rules                      8/1ew
Thirsk                2.50    Mr Cool Cash                10/1ew
Thirsk                2.50    Be Bold                           8/1ew
Windsor             6.30    Nezar                            22/1ew
Windsor             7.00    Porto Ferro                     8/1ew
Windsor             8.30    Voi                                   9/1ew
Windsor             8.30    Tiar Na nog                    12/1ew
Roscommon      2.30    Giorno Felice                 13/2ew
Limerick             5.10    Posiedon                        13/8
Limerick             5.40    Still Alive                        11/1ew

1 hour ago, roger2256 said:

Drams back on the racecourse today at Ayr  ( she had also been declared at wolves yesterday) have to see how she goes today  . 

Certainly wasnt given a hard ride ,only shown the whip but not used it . Seems she's on course training wise , another run should put her right for a bold show on her 3rd or 4rd run maybe . Will put the report up tomorrow when I get I. 

1 hour ago, roger2256 said:

Certainly wasnt given a hard ride ,only shown the whip but not used it . Seems she's on course training wise , another run should put her right for a bold show on her 3rd or 4rd run maybe . Will put the report up tomorrow when I get I. 

Good luck Roger

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

Today's all aged handicap selections

In an effort to cut down the number I'm only including races where the system produces a maximum of 3 in a race and one can be easily discounted for any reason to leave me one or two

See how this goes ...... I'll keep toying with this until the end of the month then maybe think of something different !

Thirsk

1.15 - Tangled 6/1 and Zap 5/1
2.20 - Strawberry Jack 8/1 and Kylie Rules 8/1
3.20 - Gabriel The One 4/1 and Groveman 4/1  (WON)
4.55 - Robeam 5/1

Ayr

2.40 - Lincoln Red 11/8
3.40 - Eeh Bah Gum 4/1 and National Anthem 8/1  (WON)

Windsor

7.00 - Fiery Breath 7/2 and Our Man In Havana 5/1

Two winners, small profit

today - staked 12.00, return 14.00, P/L +2.00

running totals - stakes 83.00, P/L -6.12

Small profit today with 2 winners and 7 places -

Ayr                    2.40    Jessie Allan                  10/1ew----------3rd 10/1
Ayr                    3.10    Raspberry                     12/1ew----------lost
Ayr                    3.40    Tanasoq                        11/1ew----------lost
Ayr                    5.20    Club Wexford                  5/1ew----------2nd 6/1
Ayr                    5.50    Daawy                           10/1ew----------3rd 18/1
Ayr                    5.50    Nicholas T                       9/1ew----------1st 17/2
Thirsk               1.15    Proud Archi                    12/1ew----------2nd 12/1
Thirsk               1.15    Suitcase ‘N’ Taxi            33/1ew----------lost
Thirsk               2.20    Queen’s Sargent             9/2ew----------3rd 5/1
Thirsk               2.20    Kylie Rules                      8/1ew----------lost
Thirsk               2.50    Mr Cool Cash                10/1ew----------lost
Thirsk               2.50    Be Bold                            8/1ew----------lost
Windsor            6.30    Nezar                             22/1ew----------lost
Windsor            7.00    Porto Ferro                      8/1ew----------3rd 4/1
Windsor            8.30    Voi                                   9/1ew----------2nd 9/2
Windsor            8.30    Tiar Na nog                    12/1ew----------lost
Roscommon     2.30    Giorno Felice                 13/2ew----------lost
Limerick            5.10    Posiedon                         13/8------------1st 3/1
Limerick            5.40    Still Alive                        11/1ew----------lost