Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

Racing Chat - Thursday June 11th


Recommended Posts

Back to singles, doubles and trebles from today.

I have discovered that I am too dangerous with "Lay" betting.  This is because I hate to lose.  At one stage I was risking almost £150 to break even.  I did manage to get back to B/E but this is too scary for me.   If I'm losing then I try to get my money back (chasing losses, haha). Anyway I will press on

(A) 2.10 NB Global Hope 3/1

(B) 2.20 Bev Modula Magic 85/40

(C) 5.40 Lin Almaqvist 11/4

 (D) 6.10 Ling Roundabout Magic 4/1

6 x 50p doubles = £46.80 & 4 x 25p Trebles = £60.74 = £4 staked

Win bets 4 x £3.50 on the above = £14.

4.45 NB Francisco Bay £1 win at 15/2

8.0 Yar Forus £1 win at 20/1

= £4 staked on multiples and £16 on singles = £20 staked

Multiples: £800 bank = £629.29 B/Fwd

Singles £400 bank = £362.15 B/Fwd

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Back to singles, doubles and trebles from today.

I have discovered that I am too dangerous with "Lay" betting.  This is because I hate to lose.  At one stage I was risking almost £150 to break even.  I did manage to get back to B/E but this is too scary for me.   If I'm losing then I try to get my money back (chasing losses, haha). Anyway I will press on

(A) 2.10 NB Global Hope 3/1

(B) 2.20 Bev Modula Magic 85/40

(C) 5.40 Lin Almaqvist 11/4

 (D) 6.10 Ling Roundabout Magic 4/1

6 x 50p doubles = £46.80 & 4 x 25p Trebles = £60.74 = £4 staked

Win bets 4 x £3.50 on the above = £14.

4.45 NB Francisco Bay £1 win at 15/2

8.0 Yar Forus £1 win at 20/1

= £4 staked on multiples and £16 on singles = £20 staked

Multiples: £800 bank = £629.29 B/Fwd

Singles £400 bank = £362.15 B/Fwd

 

 

 

 

 

Do you or have you watched any of Caan Berry's videos on you tube ?

I can't work out how a so called professional gambler would want to give all his secrets away , surely the more mug punters playing the exchanges to more £ he'll make ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick system for picking a few runners for something to cheer on in an afternoons racing for

all aged handicaps

Cross out anything more than 2 years older than youngest horse, cross out horses who haven't won over the trip, cross out any horse badly drawn, pick two from remaining based on draw, trainer form or CD winners

Anything in double figures is an EW 

prices bet365

Bev 1.15 - Magical Spirit 4/1 and Our Little Pony 7/1
Bev 3.20- Tangled 11/2 and How Bizarre 14/1
Bev 3.50 - Hesslewood 5/1 and Swiss Knight 25/1
Bev 4.50 - Vampish 12/1

Gow 2.30 - Hidden Spark 11/1 and Very Smart 16/1
Gow 3.00 - Raffaello 7/1 and Scorpion Black 10/1
Gow 3.30 - War Hero 13/2 and Shaatharaat 11/1

Newb 2.10 - Global Hope 5/2 and Spanish Star 9/1

Edited by Trotter
wrong race time at Beverley and tidying up
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Quick system for picking a few runners for something to cheer on in an afternoons racing for

all aged handicaps

Cross out anything more than 2 years older than youngest horse, cross out horses who haven't won over the trip, cross out any horse badly drawn, pick two from remaining based on draw, trainer form or CD winners

Anything in double figures is an EW 

prices bet365

Gow 2.30 - Hidden Spark 11/1 and Very Smart 16/1
Gow 3.00 - Raffaello 7/1 and Scorpion Black 10/1
Gow 3.30 - War Hero 13/2 and Shaatharaat 11/1

 

Nothing doing in the Irish races .... not even one got placed !

🥵

Link to post
Share on other sites

5.10 Lingfield - 0.5pts e/w Toolatetodelegate @ 33/1 (Hills)

Bit of a punt this one and especially as it's the trainer's first runner for a long time but at the price is worth a go. Ran some good races last season, conditions suit and evidence suggests he does go well fresh so all things considered worth a speculative go at a big price.

6.10 Lingfield - 2pts win Roundabout Magic @ 4/1 (Hills)

Has the benefit of a recent run and form figures over c&d read 73219115217182284331234 so a pretty good record around here including several wins off this mark or higher. 

6.30 Yarmouth - 2pts win Craigburn @ 7/2 (Bet365)

More exposed that some but not off a bad mark, has already won a handicap and I think will enjoy dominating this small field back over 5f which should suit. Tough to pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calva decoy said:

Do you or have you watched any of Caan Berry's videos on you tube ?

I can't work out how a so called professional gambler would want to give all his secrets away , surely the more mug punters playing the exchanges to more £ he'll make ?

I have come accross Caan Berry before and from what I can remember he has a customers who have complained.  There is nothing wrong with playing the exchanges and trading on the horses can be profitable.  It requires a lot of concentration.  I did sign up with someone, who is very helpful and successful.  I didn't follow it through as I cannot commit to the intense concentration that is demanded.  What I was doing was focussing purely on "Lay" betting which is different.  The idea was that if I layed horses over the price of 9/2 = 18% chance of success then I should be able to achieve at least an 80% win rate.  With a bit of research on my selections I should possibly increase my success rate and profitability.  However, I know myself and as explained earlier I hate losing and will try to get my money back if I lose.  One has to be very disciplined with lay betting and just accept that the odd winner scuppers one's P/L and wait for the next opportunity.  I can't do that so it is best for me to stick with traditional betting.  Having said that I will still use lay bets to offset the effect of say winning say a treble for £100 or the third horse losing and then winning nothing.  If I lay the third horse at say £50 at 2.00 in-running then, if the horse runs very well and gets matched and it loses I still get £50.  If it wins I get £50 which is OK by me.  This is not so for other people and one has to take on board what one is happy with and not happy with.  Hope that some of this info is helpful

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there slight lose couple of decent places 50/1 22/1 -£0.32 

overall +£19.76 altar 151 races

churchill downs

race 1 quest for fire 16/1

race 2 naughty nellie 14/1

race 3 sweet Carolina 5/1

race 4 bourbon Bryce 40/1

race 5 pat daddy 11/2

race 6 unthotteld sp

race 7 grove daddy sp

race 8 bourbina 33/1

race 9 abramax sp

all bets 25p e/w good luck 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trotter

  • Legend Punter
  •  
  • Regular Members
  • 825
  • 11823 posts

Quick system for picking a few runners for something to cheer on in an afternoons racing for

all aged handicaps

Cross out anything more than 2 years older than youngest horse, cross out horses who haven't won over the trip, cross out any horse badly drawn, pick two from remaining based on draw, trainer form or CD winners

Anything in double figures is an EW 

prices bet365

Bev 1.15 - Magical Spirit 4/1 and Our Little Pony 7/1
Bev 3.20- Tangled 11/2 and How Bizarre 14/1
Bev 3.50 - Hesslewood 5/1 and Swiss Knight 25/1
Bev 4.50 - Vampish 12/1

 

Some cool results here with Vampish a 20/1 winner - well done (I followed vampish at the end) :cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Quick system for picking a few runners for something to cheer on in an afternoons racing for

all aged handicaps

Cross out anything more than 2 years older than youngest horse, cross out horses who haven't won over the trip, cross out any horse badly drawn, pick two from remaining based on draw, trainer form or CD winners

Anything in double figures is an EW 

prices bet365

Bev 1.15 - Magical Spirit 4/1 (WON) and Our Little Pony 7/1
Bev 3.20- Tangled 11/2 (WON) and How Bizarre 14/1
Bev 3.50 - Hesslewood 5/1 and Swiss Knight 25/1
Bev 4.50 - Vampish 12/1 (WON 20/1)

Newb 2.10 - Global Hope 5/2 (WON 3/1) and Spanish Star 9/1

Well the Irish let me down but 4 out 5 in the UK races and in the one that didn't win, Hesslewood was a short head 2nd

Promising little system !........... 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

5.10 Lingfield - 0.5pts e/w Toolatetodelegate @ 33/1 (Hills)

Bit of a punt this one and especially as it's the trainer's first runner for a long time but at the price is worth a go. Ran some good races last season, conditions suit and evidence suggests he does go well fresh so all things considered worth a speculative go at a big price.

6.10 Lingfield - 2pts win Roundabout Magic @ 4/1 (Hills)

Has the benefit of a recent run and form figures over c&d read 73219115217182284331234 so a pretty good record around here including several wins off this mark or higher. 

6.30 Yarmouth - 2pts win Craigburn @ 7/2 (Bet365)

More exposed that some but not off a bad mark, has already won a handicap and I think will enjoy dominating this small field back over 5f which should suit. Tough to pass.

So close 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets have a little go at this meeting tonight -

Belmont Park    6.15    Ink Splotz                     7/1ew
Belmont Park    6.50    Who’s In Charge          2/1
Belmont Park    6.50    Septimius Severus     20/1ew
Belmont Park    7.23    Ventus                          8/1ew
Belmont Park    7.55    Ownitifyouwantit           4/1ew
Belmont Park    8.27    Kansas Kis                  10/3
Belmont Park    8.59    Teletype                      12/1ew
Belmont Park    9.32    Yankee Division          11/1ew
Belmont Park    10.04    No Word                     5/1ew
Belmont Park    10.36    Blugrascats Smile    20/1ew
Belmont Park    11.08    Magical Romance    12/1ew

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trotter said:

Well the Irish let me down but 4 out 5 in the UK races and in the one that didn't win, Hesslewood was a short head 2nd

Promising little system !........... 😀

Looks like we punters are going to be rich 🙂.  It is going to be very interesting to see how your system works over the coming weeks.  Many thanks for pointing it out to us

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I have come accross Caan Berry before and from what I can remember he has a customers who have complained.  There is nothing wrong with playing the exchanges and trading on the horses can be profitable.  It requires a lot of concentration.  I did sign up with someone, who is very helpful and successful.  I didn't follow it through as I cannot commit to the intense concentration that is demanded.  What I was doing was focussing purely on "Lay" betting which is different.  The idea was that if I layed horses over the price of 9/2 = 18% chance of success then I should be able to achieve at least an 80% win rate.  With a bit of research on my selections I should possibly increase my success rate and profitability.  However, I know myself and as explained earlier I hate losing and will try to get my money back if I lose.  One has to be very disciplined with lay betting and just accept that the odd winner scuppers one's P/L and wait for the next opportunity.  I can't do that so it is best for me to stick with traditional betting.  Having said that I will still use lay bets to offset the effect of say winning say a treble for £100 or the third horse losing and then winning nothing.  If I lay the third horse at say £50 at 2.00 in-running then, if the horse runs very well and gets matched and it loses I still get £50.  If it wins I get £50 which is OK by me.  This is not so for other people and one has to take on board what one is happy with and not happy with.  Hope that some of this info is helpful

 

I had a month last September , started with £100 didn't take long to double up but wouldn't touch the horses was doing obscure Football matches Division 3 Romanian etc... 

Had bad 2nd month simply through lack of patience , cashing out liabilities at certain times & re betting at others .

I'd much rather have a few bob on the nags , chill out & watch it run & celebrate those couple of purple months where everything goes your way , keep quiet about the 3 horrendous months & be cool about the other 7 months when you break even !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Belmont Park    6.15    Ink Splotz                           7/1ew--------1st 7/1😀
Belmont Park    6.50    Who’s In Charge                   2/1----------lost
Belmont Park    6.50    Septimius Severus            20/1ew--------lost
Belmont Park    7.23    Ventus                                 8/1ew--------1st 6/1😀
Belmont Park    7.55    Ownitifyouwantit                  4/1ew--------lost
Belmont Park    8.27    Kansas Kis                          10/3----------lost
Belmont Park    8.59    Teletype                             12/1ew--------lost
Belmont Park    9.32    Yankee Division                 11/1ew--------lost
Belmont Park    10.04    No Word                            5/1ew--------3rd 4/1😀
Belmont Park    10.36    Blugrascats Smile            20/1ew--------lost
Belmont Park    11.08    Magical Romance            12/1ew--------3rd 16/1😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.