** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Jun 20th & 21st

champodds.jpg

The Championship has been confirmed to return to action on the weekend of 20th/21st June. The odds for those games are listed above with the ELO ratings to follow shortly when they're available. In the meantime, give us any predictions you have for the restart of the most exciting division in global football... and that's definitely not a biased viewpoint! :lol

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Hull have failed to win their last 11 matches in Championship.
Preston have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Championship.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Derby’s last 6 away games in Championship.
Millwall have drawn their last 3 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 57 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 20.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-06-2020-19160

Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City

Blackburn Rovers

Doubtful: Darragh Lenihan (29/3 d, probably in), Amari’i Bell (21/0 d), Derrick Williams (17/3 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: John Buckley (16/2 m)

Bristol City

Doubtful: Nahki Wells (8/2 f), Andreas Weimann (37/9 f, 2nd top scorer)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Blackburn Rovers
19 home games
Bristol City
19 away games
63% Over 1.5 goals 74%
42% Over 2.5 goals 53%
16% Over 3.5 goals 26%
5% Over 4.5 goals 16%
0% Over 5.5 goals 5%
37% Under 1.5 goals 26%
58% Under 2.5 goals 47%
53% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 63%
26% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 21%
11% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 5%

Fulham vs Brentford

OK, so I'm going to cover two Championship games this weekend with the majority of my attention going on the Premier League this weekend. The first game I'll preview is the 12:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday lunch-time between promotion contenders Fulham and Brentford at Craven Cottage. Not only is there a bitter local rivalry here but these teams are involved in a desperate scramble to reach the promised land of the English top flight.

Fulham had high hopes at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure why they've become the darlings of the media. Claims of them being the "Manchester City of the Championship" seem a bit ludicrous but there we go. In my opinion, they'll always be that club that has a neutral section in their stands! Scott Parker's side are 3rd in the table but 6 points off the pace of the automatic promotion spots with just 9 league games remaining. The play-offs are looking a more realistic proposition this season but this is the Championship so anything could happen. The Cottagers were in decent form before the suspension having gone 4 league games unbeaten and only losing 1 of their last 11 league games. It's also been back-to-back wins at home with two clean sheets.

Brentford are a team I've got a lot of admiration for and would love to see them in the Premier League next season. Obviously not at the expense of my own Cardiff side but if the Bluebirds can't make it then the Bees would be a good shout. Thomas Frank has cultivated this Brentford side into an attacking behemoth with the front three of Said Benrahma, Ollie Watkins, and Bryan Mbeumo tearing up opposition defences and having scored 46 league goals between them this season. Just 1 loss in their last 8 league games saw them in decent form before the suspension. Unfortunately, Brentford's away form against the top sides isn't great with no wins away against the top six and only 1 win away to teams in the top 10.

This game has huge potential in terms of entertainment value. Even though 6 of the last 7 Fulham matches have seen under 2.5 goals scored I feel this is a clash of attacking powers. I'm not confident in Brentford's away form so I can't back them to win but I wouldn't be against backing the draw. I think the away side are more accepting of a play-off fate than the home side meaning Parker's men could be under more pressure to get the win. I'm going to punt for a score draw though.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

Cardiff vs Leeds

The Championship resumes today at midday BST when my beloved Cardiff return to action against title contenders Leeds at the Cardiff City Stadium. It's seemed like an age ago that we were playing football so it's good to get back into the groove. It's a baptism of fire for my team here against an opposition that seem destined to finally make a return to the Premier League.

Cardiff have had an underwhelming season so far with the resignation of Neil Warnock and the appointment of Neil Harris hardly getting the fans excited. Credit where it's due to Harris though. The club is in 11th place and just 3 points off the play-off pace with a game in hand. The Bluebirds have only lost 2 of their last 11 league games. Unfortunately, it is no win in their last 4 home league games. This season, and in previous ones, the ferocious home support has enabled us to boast an impressive home record but that's not been the case recently and with the game set to be played behind closed doors I'm worried it'll harm our chances.

Leeds are in 2nd place on goal difference but could move 3 points clear of title rivals West Brom and 10 points clear of 3rd placed Fulham with a win. Marco Bielsa bases his entire philosophy around a high energy and high press game. In previous seasons, that intensity has seen their form drop off towards the tail end of the season. This season, he appeared to have remedied that with the Whites winning their last 5 league games with 5 clean sheets. The break for coronavirus will only have allowed these players to re-energise and prepare for a final push. The one disconcerting stat for Leeds fans is that their team have only won 3 of their last 8 away games but with no fans allowed in the stadiums I feel this won't be an issue.

I'm a bit anxious ahead of this game. I feel the suspension of the league came at an ideal time for Leeds. The players will have had time to re-charge the batteries and they'll now be refreshed and ready to take on the remaining 9 league games. Cardiff are still a work-in-progress under Harris. The announcement that Jazz Richards has been released is disappointing given the fact he had started to settle into the team again as a starter but it appears injuries have beaten him. I am struggling to see us winning this one and think Leeds could take the win themselves.

Leeds to Win @ 1.80 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.93 with Unibet